Widescreen support?

Moezter

just about every new game does support widescreen...

im hoping graw does or my new monitor was a pointless buy

It does support WS, has been talked about in a previous thread. Most GRAW movies that have been released are in WS too....

I'm on the same boat aCid. Just bought a 19" widescreen with a 1440 x 900 native resolution. I absolutely love it......:wub: Never going back to CRT.

Fresh

I'm on the same boat aCid. Just bought a 19" widescreen with a 1440 x 900 native resolution. I absolutely love it......:wub: Never going back to CRT.

Fresh

hah me too, acer A1916W

239 USD @ newegg, couldnt beat it :shifty:

Fresh

hah me too, acer A1916W

239 USD @ newegg, couldnt beat it :shifty:

Yeah, I got my monitor from the same place and price. But I got the AGM...LINK One hell of a deal yeah?

Fresh

Edited by Freshmixture

fov is wider and nicer, it does give a better advantage imo

Depends on the game, BF2 for example crops the top and bottom, as do a lot of rts games. However support for proper widescreen, with a FOV change is slower becoming more common.

The widescreen gaming forum has lots of reports on games, and the level of widescreen support they have:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum...wforum.php?f=56

Also i would avoid the 24" PVA panel monitors, DELL, Samsung, Acer, etc. Although there response time is ok, they all have an anonying lag effect. The various 20" WS monitors are all pretty good though.

Well, BF2 doesn't support WS.  It looks like GRAW will, just from the aspect ratio settings form the i27 event pics

BF2 does too. Right click on game icon, hit properties, and just change your "shortcut key" from fullscreen to widescreen and the but your resolution in the obvious spots.

Sorry to go off topic a bit. Once again..... :g_withgrin: in the end.

Fresh :o=

Well, BF2 doesn't support WS.  It looks like GRAW will, just from the aspect ratio settings form the i27 event pics

BF2 does too. Right click on game icon, hit properties, and just change your "shortcut key" from fullscreen to widescreen and the but your resolution in the obvious spots.

Sorry to go off topic a bit. Once again..... :g_withgrin: in the end.

Fresh :o=

I should have been more explicit - in BF2 WS the FOV isn't changed.

I was thinking about getting a widescreen monitor for my pc gaming rig setup so i did some research and came across hardocp site and there was a review on a viewsonic widscreen monitor i had my eye on, and i came across a post by some gamer with a X1900XT/X? who was struggling to maintain decent framerate in widescreen with new game engines running high in game settings. So having also researched elsewhere i'm going to wait until i have Crossfire or SLI, i want more than 30fps that's a must target framerate for me. So for me, no dual graphics means no widescreen.

A widescreen of a given size should actually run faster than a 4:3 of that size, because it has less pixels.

Monitors are measured corner to corner, so think of a square that is X inches corner to corner. Now immagine that you begin to make the square shorter and wider while keeping X the same. Eventually the height of the square will be zero, the width will be X, and the area will be zero.

So a square monitor of size X would run slowest, and a monitor with no height, just X wide would run fastest. Widescreen seems like a nice compromise, I've actually been looking at getting the AGM mentioned earlier from newegg.

,Apr 21 2006, 05:27 AM]

Well I just ordered this baby TV and PC Monitor in one  :devil:

nec_20wgx2.jpg

Check the reviews here:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/nec_20wgx2.htm

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043429

you WILL NOT be disappointed. I've just got one of those and it's utterly awesome. Games look great in widescreen and the quality of this screen in particular just enhances that. I can't wait to play graw with it! :D