GRAW PC Specs Confirmation

Colin

Thanks for the replys!

I play FEAR on all settins high ._. on this puppy.

But it seems I'll have to buy yet another card ._. ( I design cloths btw, won't say where though)

Sigh any really good suggestions? I have money but I'm not that crazy to spend 400+ ...is the Radeon X1800XL a good choice then?

I really did buy a card just for this game less than a month ago basing off that thread stickied in the offical forums -.- I'm a bit upset, but only me to blaim for trusting people I don't know.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replys!

I play FEAR on all settins high ._. on this puppy.

But it seems I'll have to buy yet another card ._. ( I design cloths btw, won't say where though)

Sigh any really good suggestions? I have money but I'm not that crazy to spend 400+ ...is the  Radeon X1800XL a good choice then?

I really did buy a card just for this game less than a month ago basing off that thread stickied in the offical forums -.- I'm a bit upset, but only me to blaim for trusting people I don't know.

Wait untill the demo is released, then decide weather or not you want to upgrade to something better. If you do, people will have a much better idea of what cards run the game well.

that pc test we had a while back, do those results still apply? or do i need to do that test again with the new specs?

???

We'll have to wait and see if and when that particular site updates their minimum settings.

To Spike we should listen. SAVE YOUR PENNIES. Play the DEMO. Then decide, are you happy with the eyecandy? How's your FPS rate? Use these forums....ah heck, you do that anyway..... :grin1:

But first....me need the DE--......oops, I didn't say it....... :nono:

Good luck to you all,

Fresh

Edited by Freshmixture

Guys,

Im a noob. Heres my pc specs :

AMD Athlon 64bit 3200+

MSI GeForce FX 5500 256MB

Kingston PC3200 DDR-400

Western Digital 80Gb Sata/Raid

Samsung 17" LCD Flat screen

Do you guys think that my PC can play GRAW?? the ram i will upgrade to 1GB or 2GB. Just need some confirmation on the vid card and the processor can it take the blow.

sincerely

--danish

Guys,

AMD Athlon 64bit 3200+

Kingston PC3200 DDR-400

Do you guys think that my PC can play GRAW?? the ram i will upgrade to 1GB or 2GB. Just need some confirmation on the vid card and the processor can it take the blow.

sincerely

--danish

Definately gonna need to upgrade that video card, no doubt about it. I recommend keeping with a 256mb one. 2 GB of memory is a definate plus as well..... :yes: As for that processor, I'm not familiar with that type, sorry.. :(

Fresh

Edited by Freshmixture

AMD Athlon 64bit 3200+

Above minimum specs. Good to go.

Not supported, probably due to lack of shader 2.0 support. Upgrade required to GeForce 6xxx/7xxx or ATI9600 or better.

Kingston PC3200 DDR-400

Type of RAM is fine, but you will need at least 1 gig to hit minimum specs.

As long as you have at least 5 gigs of HD space available, these should be fine.

I wonder how good it will run on a:

Pentium IV 3.6 GHz

2048 mb RAM

Radeon X850XT 256mb

At least medium settings right? :)

By the way, im new here, say HI!  :D

no it will be unplayable, you wont even get 10 frames on low, /quitlife :whistle:

I'm wondering if GRAW requirements will differ alot between SP\Coop and MP like GR1.

GR1 was way more fluid and playable in MP TvT. Some SP/Coop games were barely playable also in very good PCs, like Alpha Squad's SR for example ( :thumbsup: ).

Smooth online gameplay is a priority :yes:.

I'm wondering if GRAW requirements will differ alot between SP\Coop and MP like GR1.

GR1 was way more fluid and playable in MP TvT. Some SP/Coop games were barely playable also in very good PCs, like Alpha Squad's SR for example ( :thumbsup: ).

Smooth online gameplay is a priority :yes:.

Probably because on co-op it has to deal with human players + AI tangos, unlike TvT.

Probably because on co-op it has to deal with human players + AI tangos, unlike TvT.

For sure this is the explanation, but I'd like to know if the same will be for GRAW.

If this is the case, min requirements for an IA game could be enough to have a better online experience....hope to be clear, my english is awful... :wacko:

Yeah, co-op was a ###### like that. Playing with 8 friendlies and 30 tangos is like playing a 38 player MP game due to the way GR's AI scripts were always updated even if the AI agents were beyond the view/clip distance. And some of those co-op mods hand huge ammounts of tangos.

I'm guessing that's kinda why co-op is limited to 4 players up front in GR:AW, the bandwidth required to get more than 4 (with an increased ammount of Tangos to make it challenging) will be a bandwidth and CPU/RAM killer for all but the beefiest servers.

Clients for coop games in GRAW should run around the same if not a little better than the SP game (due to the lack of AI processing needed, that should be done by the server). If the ammount of friendlies and tangos is increased then it'll place extra strain on your system due to the extra models (more triangles to render, and human characters usually pack a lot of them) and no doubt the additional size (as in scale) and frequency of the fire-fights.

Edited by Spike

AMD Athlon 64bit 3200+

Above minimum specs. Good to go.

Not supported, probably due to lack of shader 2.0 support. Upgrade required to GeForce 6xxx/7xxx or ATI9600 or better.

Kingston PC3200 DDR-400

Type of RAM is fine, but you will need at least 1 gig to hit minimum specs.

As long as you have at least 5 gigs of HD space available, these should be fine.

owh, lots of money to spend to upgrade that card damn!! and i just bought it last week hahaha... thx for the advise man.

---danish

Guys,

AMD Athlon 64bit 3200+

Kingston PC3200 DDR-400

sincerely

--danish

Definately gonna need to upgrade that video card, no doubt about it. I recommend keeping with a 256mb one. 2 GB of memory is a definate plus as well..... :yes: As for that processor, I'm not familiar with that type, sorry.. :(

Fresh

hehehe ok thx for the advise... more pc hardware shopping need to be done. Damn all this latest game really squeeze out my PC specs...

---danish

I saw some game videos and the game looks very good so i went and upgraded my machine now i got:

AMDXP1.6ghz

GF46600gt

768ddram

120gb hd

70gb hd

some crappy msi moather board n2kdelta sumethin

what do you think will it work? if yes, how good? :wacko:

i run f.e.a.r. with high details, and have no problems :unsure:

after all i got the ps2 if it doesnt work :lol:

im really scared to ask what you had before that frost, because those specs are blatently bad... an amd 1.6? the min. is 2.0, no luck there, unless its an athlon 2000+ (i think)

other than that you are good to go ;)

im really scared to ask what you had before that frost, because those specs are blatently bad... an amd 1.6? the min. is 2.0, no luck there, unless its an athlon 2000+ (i think)

other than that you are good to go ;)

:yes: yes i know :P my machine sucks, but you don't need more to play gr don't you...

i had a gf mx440 :unsure: and 300and sumethin' drram

yes it's an athlon

on the f.e.a.r. box is says that the min. cpu specs are 2.0ghz but it works really fine(90% above 40fps)...

graw is coming out for the ps2 is it?

I saw some game videos and the game looks very good so i went and upgraded my machine now i got:

AMDXP1.6ghz

GF46600gt

768ddram

120gb hd

70gb hd

some crappy msi moather board n2kdelta sumethin

what do you think will it work? if yes, how good? :wacko:

i run f.e.a.r. with high details, and have no problems :unsure:

after all i got the ps2 if it doesnt work  :lol:

yes.gif yes i know tongue.gif my machine sucks, but you don't need more to play gr don't you...

i had a gf mx440 unsure.gif and 300and sumethin' drram

yes it's an athlon

on the f.e.a.r. box is says that the min. cpu specs are 2.0ghz but it works really fine(90% above 40fps)...

graw is coming out for the ps2 is it?

Ok, if no-one else is gonna say it I will ;)

In what kind of alternate reality did you run F.E.A.R with high detail settings at 90% above 40FPS with those Specs :blink:

Just to ease peoples pain a little... You can get GeForce 6xxx cards very cheap now. Also, not to be rude but I am with the above poster. I have a AMDXP2800, 1 gig of RAM, and a GeForce 6800GT and I couldnt run fear at 90% full detail... Maybe it I was playing at 800x600 or something... Even thats a maybe though to be quite honest.

As with all newer games, some people are forced to upgrade their hardware if they want to play. Asking for a GF6xxx to play the game is not an unrealistic expectation.