Ghost Recon.net Forums

GRAW PC Specs Confirmation

Technical Information

1 – All platforms :

If you are having technical problems with your copy of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, please contact our technical support team here: http://www.ubireg.com/uk/

4 - PC / SP / MP

Minimum specs required to run:

2 GHz Pentium® IV or the equivalent

1Gb RAM

5 GB of hard drive space

NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6/7 or ATI® Radeon® 9600-9800/X

I expect most of you knew this already but its now official on the site.

Colin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a lot of other places that say GeForce 5 will work?

Yeh..Went up to 1Gig of Ram  :wall: . And A GeForce5200 Wont do i Guess .... Arg.

Guys these specs have been confirmed today.

Previous specs may well have been lower.

The last lot of specs that were released by Ubisoft stated that they could change between then the the final release.

Please understand that this game has been desighned to out last your hardware, as GR1 has done so well.

When it says Minimum it means Minimum.

G5 will not meet Minimum.

Does this NULL the video card topic? because I bought a video card that was rated to play graw with no trouble on high settings Radeon x1600 pro 256mb ram( provding I have the PC to back it up. which I think I do

p4 3.0, 2gb ram, 12gb hard drive space)

>:

Edited by XenoSoft
Does this NULL the video card topic? because I bought a video card that was rated to play graw with no trouble on high settings Radeon x1600 pro 256mb ram( provding I have the PC to back it up. which I think I do

>:

lol are you joking?? :rofl:

ill be surprised if it can pull off medium with 20 frames

Well, i think my pc is good enough to run this on low gfx if it can with BF2.

My specs are:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.4Ghz

1GB of Ram

128mb GeForce 5200 FX - Supports 2.0 Shaders.

I hope that is good enough anyways.

Minimum Specs for PC are above.

You PC does NOT meet this requirment :wall:

PC minimum requirments are there for you to decide about what game to buy or not.

It makes no sence to buy a game knowing full well it wont run, does it??

>:

why >: what am I missing!

HIGH-END These cards a more than enough, and definitely should play GRAW with good settings

* Radeon X1600pro!!!

No really plz explain, do I have to get a p4 3.6 or something? The video card is said to run the game on good setings "more than enough" I don't get plz explain >.<

I'm a pretty rich kid, considering what I do at my age, I can geta 3.6 if I stop spending so much.

Edited by XenoSoft
X meaning the whole entire radeon xpress series correct? (x200 - x1900)

Yes the X means all Radeon X chipbased GPU's.

The 9600 is the oldest card specified, anything newer than a 9600 will surfice for minimum graphics settings.

The newer and bigger the card the better....

I needed more ram was going to get another 2 x 512 sticks but that would give me problems. I ordered OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 Gold GX XTC 2GB Kit today it quite cheap from ebuyer. Will get it tomorrow and will test it in BF2 see how much it helps.

>:

why >: what am I missing!

HIGH-END These cards a more than enough, and definitely should play GRAW with good settings

* Radeon X1600pro!!!

No really plz explain, do I have to get a p4 3.6 or something? The video card is said to run the game on good setings "more than enough" I don't get plz explain >.<

I'm a pretty rich kid, considering what I do at my age, I can geta 3.6 if I stop spending so much.

Ok, i know capteenix's GFX card thread was good and helpful, but the fact is, it was not official, and it was not tested and proven to have those results and they were based off old sys requirements.

the ati x1300 & x1600 are infact the low end cards of the new x1k line of cards, my friend has the x1600 pro and it cant play FEAR any better than my old x700 pro could, in another thread bo explained the cards that would run graw @ high settings arent out yet, he said to get the high settings from a card thats out now, you would need the ATI x1900 XTX Version (512mb) to get high, and i assume the 7900GTX aswell since nvidia put that out to compete with the 1900, the 1600 is just a lower end chip model of the X1k line and isnt really well with games, theres a CNET review i believe that explains why.

your system is good, but i wouldnt expect that to run graw @ high

edit: since you are a rich kid, i recommend you invest on a pair of 1900's in crossfire :g_cheers:

Edited by aCid

Capteenix's recomendations in the video card thread were way too optomistic. I've been saying that for a wile now over at the .COM forum.

If you've bought a video card based on that thread then you will want to re-evaluate your system against the new requirements. Also, I've seen a lot of people posting links to that "System Requirements Lab" website, it too is generating it's results from the earlier and incorrect requirements and at the present time cannot be trusted to provide accurate results (not that I'd ever trust automated systems like that anyhow!).

The best option for those looking to upgrade are to wait untill the demo is released. Use the performance of the demo to evaluate how the game will run on your system and plan/budget your upgrades based on this. It's the most foolproof way to go about it.

I'm also fairly certain that people will be posting frame rates and FRAPS benchmark scores of the demo on here so you can use their scores and system specs as a guide for what specific hardware (CPU, RAM, Video Card etc) will give you the biggest performance bang for your buck.

Edited by Spike