Ghost Recon.net Forums

I have to agree with the first post and all the positive ones there after. I am an old school gamer from the days when I matched and ran BQL for gr. I really miss those days on Roger Wilco "Hey, we got 5 on..anyone wanna match?" Off we went to the ubi lobby... 5v5 bql anyone? Now it seems it's not like that anymore :unsure: . I know those days are just around the corner again and thank U guys for all your hard work!

I can't wait to see the old clans of GR come crawling out of the woodwork again. This new version is going to bring out some good times for all us again and we won't have to settle for second best anymore. :g_withgrin:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SteelHawk what a great post :thumbsup: I'm so fed up with posts and users demanding some feature. I´m sure we all have some favorite mode to play, but we can´t have them all. Things change! And some don´t. This game will be one great joy ride.

Thanks GRIN for all you effort :g_cheers:

Edited by Boltic

Dont get me wrong Guys because i like GRIN ( i think they are very special Dev Team ) and im very optimistic about GRAW ( going to buy it on sight even without demo ) but please save treads and post like " OMG ! Thank You GRIN for the best game ever!! " for after release amusement ;)

:rofl:

Every evening for the past few months I have been checking out this forum to learn all I can about the game. I am really pumped about this game, and the chief reason is the fact that Bo and his team have answered so many questions for us. I went out to EB Games last night and pre-ordered the game--something I never do (I am cheap, I always wait for Best Buy to get a game so I can price match for a month). Thanks for posting Bo and the Grin Team :yes:

As a new guy around here i still feel slightly embarressed by the latest outburst and lack of appreciation to all at GRIN by a few members of this forum.

Ive been keeping an eye on this forum for several months now to find out information on GRAW, and lets be honest a lot has been speculation either from hearsay or unreliable sources; even down to the "I've not played the game, BUT...." posts! then along comes someone from GRIN to try and fill in the guessing game with as much information as they are allowed to give, even the occasional *nudge nudge* to help satisfy our questions,concerns or just to put the record straight and it seems that they now have ended in a position of defending themselves and their product thats not even released yet!!

GRIN have informed us that GRAW will be modable, so if what every person wants isnt implemented into the final game.. WAIT! if its that good an idea dont you think someone will add it in? either GRIN by a patch or a modder at a later date?

How many games are released without any input from a community being taken onboard or questions answered by the development company on forums?? hundreds.

Now I'm no a##e licker, but what i do know is that i have enjoyed reading the posts and even happier when Bo and team have given us their word on something which you dont tend to get from other companies!

Have they answered every single question? who cares, because I'm just grateful for the ones they have. :grin1:

Very nice post Hack. :thumbsup:

A lot of members here, including me, have been very appreciative of Bo and Grin, even before playing the game. Now why is that ?

1) At a time when GR2 was cancelled and no information was forthcoming from UBI about GRAW pc, it was Bo who kept our hopes up and reinstated our faith in the GR pc series, by interacting with us.

2) Even later on, when information started to trickle and later on flow, he and other Grin-ers, explained the various features and removed our doubts whenever any arose. Rarely was there any question left unanswered,

3) When Bo could not answer questions on a few topics, he had the decency to state the topics in a separate post, though he did not have any obligation to answer the questions.

4) Grin is listening to what we are saying and very often making changes according to that. The HUD has been toned down, the diamonds can be turned off, the draw distances have increased, the HRD light has been toned down etc. etc. -- all based on fan feedback, even before we have played.

5) Most importantly, Grin is trying to bring back the classic Ghost Recon with lots of improved features. If we watch the recently released videos it becomes quite clear that they have succeeded in this. The GR.net representatives, who played the game recently, also vouch for this.

So, it is clear, that this appreciation is not unfounded. Bo and Grin deserve every bit of the appreciation that they are getting.

That does not mean that we have not pointed out weaknesses that we have observed in the game, from the information/screens/videos that have been released. We have also stated what we want in the future releases. Those that have been to the point and polite, have very often been answered.

Bo, please come back to this forum. Most of us here truely appreciate your vision and efforts. The interaction with you and your team is not only unique but also helps us to get a developers' angle to issues. It makes us accept the new features better. Thank you. :)

Edited by buddhiraja73
Dont get me wrong Guys because i like GRIN ( i think they are very special Dev Team ) and im very optimistic about GRAW ( going to buy it on sight even without demo ) but please save treads and post like " OMG ! Thank You GRIN for the best game ever!! "  for after release amusement ;)

I havent seen any of that in here....what I have seen is lots of thanking GRIN for taking the time to talk to us....and for taking the "fans" concerns into play during the entire design process.

There is a right way, and a wrong way....some just dont know the difference.

HACK :g_withgrin:

I'm what you would call a lurker.

Looking at ghostrecon.com and ghostrecon.net. It's like 2 sides of a coin. One bites the hand that feeds you and the other well the devs have been here all along. I agree with steels post and cannot believe the attitude of people that have never seen the game yet but are able to make the bold statements they have made.

There are people in their 30's and 40's that need to act like adults.

I enjoy playing the game. I have pre-ordered since October with EB games. I will pay the rest of my money to EB games tomorrow if I can. There are not alot of games I would do that with but this is one game I will. Bo and Grin are sincire(sp) about their work. You can tell by what we have seen and developed so far. Read the reviews, look at the screen shots, watch the previews. Doesn't that show people.

To close, I believe I am the newest member of ghostrecon.net and when I registered here I voted my feelings about this game.

And truely tired of what I am seeing.

Round of beers for Grin.

Thanks all,

Off of my soapbox!!!

Obmanta

Edited by Obmanta
To close, I believe I am the newest member of ghostrecon.net and when I registered here I voted my feelings about this game.

Nah...I'm the newest Im pretty sure :P Although been a lurker for many years.

Dawn

Edited by Dawn
Dont get me wrong Guys because i like GRIN ( i think they are very special Dev Team ) and im very optimistic about GRAW ( going to buy it on sight even without demo ) but please save treads and post like " OMG ! Thank You GRIN for the best game ever!! "  for after release amusement ;)

I havent seen any of that in here....what I have seen is lots of thanking GRIN for taking the time to talk to us....and for taking the "fans" concerns into play during the entire design process.

There is a right way, and a wrong way....some just dont know the difference.

HACK :g_withgrin:

I know i know,like i said " dont get me wrong" ;) But do we realy need two threads for this ? http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=32794

Edited by Joseph_Q

Thank You Grin,

you didnt have to and you certainly dont have to engage in as much conversations as you all do, but you do it anyways. Come release time though and the initial "holy crap its finally here" phase is done you will start getting some complaints and stuff from us, I guarentee it, and if you choose to stick around then too my respect for ya couldnt get higher.

Hope to see you around here for a long time, and hopefully in game too.

Very nice post Hack.  :thumbsup:

A lot of members here, including me, have been very appreciative of Bo and Grin, even before playing the game. Now why is that ?

1) At a time when GR2 was cancelled and no information was forthcoming from UBI about GRAW pc, it was Bo who kept our hopes up and reinstated our faith in the GR pc series, by interacting with us.

2) Even later on, when information started to trickle and later on flow, he and other Grin-ers, explained the various features and removed our doubts whenever any arose. Rarely was there any question left unanswered,

3) When Bo could not answer questions on a few topics, he had the decency to state the topics in a separate post, though he did not have any obligation to answer the questions.

4) Grin is listening to what we are saying and very often making changes according to that. The HUD has been toned down, the diamonds can be turned off, the draw distances have increased, the HRD light has been toned down etc. etc. -- all based on fan feedback, even before we have played.

5) Most importantly, Grin is trying to bring back the classic Ghost Recon with lots of improved features. If we watch the recently released videos it becomes quite clear that they have succeeded in this. The GR.net representatives, who played the game recently, also vouch for this.

So, it is clear, that this appreciation is not unfounded. Bo and Grin deserve every bit of the appreciation that they are getting.

That does not mean that we have not pointed out weaknesses that we have observed in the game, from the information/screens/videos that have been released. We have also stated what we want in the future releases. Those that have been to the point and polite, have very often been answered. 

Bo, please come back to this forum. Most of us here truely appreciate your vision and efforts. The interaction with you and your team is not only unique but also helps us to get a developers' angle to issues. It makes us accept the new features better.  Thank you.  :)

Well said.....

Never has there been a development team more deserving of respect and gratitude for reviving and breathing new life into a classic game. They have been here with us listening to our comments and implementing our thoughts and ideas into what hopefully will be a cracking game.

They have listened to what we have been saying now and i am sure will be listening to us in the future providing us with first hand information which they do out of their own generosity and not because they have to.

As the saying goes you cant please everybody all of the time, but you can please some people some of the time. I do hope they get record sales for this product as it will show to other developers that if you care about what people want and actually listen to what they want, then you just might end up with a better product at the end of it all.

:D

Hvis i nogen sinde kommer over til København, så giver jeg sku en kold øl efter arbejdstid. Så kan vi grine lidt af alle de børn som kommer her og tror de ejer retten til at besteme hvad og hvordan i håndtere GRAW.

I might pick up on that. :yes:

Your missing the point, it's not thanks for the best game ever,(we honestly don't know that) it's thanks for coming here in their own time and answering so many questions that they didn't have to do, so therefore deserves a little respect.

Nothing more nothing less...

Hvis i nogen sinde kommer over til København, så giver jeg sku en kold øl efter arbejdstid. Så kan vi grine lidt af alle de børn som kommer her og tror de ejer retten til at besteme hvad og hvordan i håndtere GRAW.

I might pick up on that. :yes:

You'll be very skint if you buy them all beers, plus i believe Bo is a Vodka drinker :g_cheers:

After reading the thread that basically ran off all the GRIN DEV's  I felt the need to shower them with a little praise.  Not for the game they are about to unleash.....but for their time in coming to this forum to talk with us.

Many seem to think its their right to know everything they want to know...when they want to know it.

It was a privilege to have the GRIN team in here dropping the few bread crumbs they dropped......and instead of thanking them...for sharing their bread.....they got "WHERE IS MY STEAK"

My grandmother once told me about praying....."Just because you prayed and didnt get what you wanted....doesnt mean God didnt answer....he just said no"

That to me in a nut shell was what was going on here.  Wether you like it or not...NO COMMENT is an answer...just not the one you are looking for.

I dont see why some people were getting flack for kissing up......when they never have played the game......yet last I checked...the ones saying..oh this is no good.....have also never played the game.....yet somehow their opinions mean more...because they are "against the man" and not some brown nosing toady.

So to GRIN...I thank you for allowing the gaming community to get to know you and your game a little better.

Looking forward to not only playing the game...but seeing you stop by the forums again.

If you feel the same way...I say help keep this thread alive....Post your thanks....and if you dont.....then please feel free to just keep quiet...and go ask UBI for info..and see how much you get from them.

HACK

Brilliantly put Hack, thanks for starting this thread......... :)

I few points to add, viz:

-We were hurt and betrayed when GR2 was cancelled. Bo and his team kept us informed about GR3, as much as they were allowed to.

-Because of what happened, they have listened to our wants and needs and have done their best to implement this into the game. Plus, added a ton of new things regarding realism and detail that any diehard GR gamer would love.

-They have come in here and took the heat for the delays and didn't hide from it.....thats very admirable. :grin1:

-They have been a normal fixture here. Considered "one of the guys and or gals", as it were.. :shifty:

In closing, going by those who have played the game and what we've seen, heard, read, and watched....GRAW is coming to be a huge success. GRIN has put together a cracking game.

Bo and the rest of GRIN, thank you for just being "one of the guys and or gals"..as it were... :shifty: You just don't find a upcoming game where the dev team is in constant interaction with the players. Lets not take this for granted.... :g_withgrin:

Thanks again for all your hard work and we all hope to see you in here soon

Cheers!

Fresh

Edited by Freshmixture

Just wanted to add to the list of thanks,

After the GR 2 SNAFU, I did'nt think we would ever see GR on the PC again.

I think GRIN has gone far above the call of duty, and would like to say thanks for all their hard work and their involvement with the GR community.

-Prowler

I as well, will add my thanks to GRIN:

A sequel to original GR is the only computer game I have ever been excited about. Most other games are pretty forgettable and I feel ripped off paying for them - Lucky for me EB do a stock take every six months or so and I can get 2 average games (that are supposed to be great games based on all the reviews!!) for $50.00. Ghost Recon is the only game that my mates and me still play after all these years.

After the GR2 business, I was crushed and thought that Ghost Recon would be one of those once in a life time experiences. GRIN have flushed those thoughts from my mind. Their participation on this forum has been a blessing - here we are, waiting for what for many of us is our most highly anticipated game, and we are getting updates from the very creators of that game, not some marketing team but the freaking guys developing it!! Even when they can't talk about something there's still clues :ph34r:

They have obviously taken a lot of community feedback in to account when making GR:AW, but they too have a vision for what they want the game to be and if that means the game is different to what you normally play, big deal - try something new!! Change isn't something to be afraid of. In a market full of nice graphics and bland gameplay, GRIN are trying something different and hopefully something worthy of the name Ghost Recon. By all accounts so far, I think they have achieved that. I'm busting to play this game, SP, MP & CoOp and whatever else we can do with it! If the game doesn't support what you want to do with it out of the box, maybe it's time to move on to something else and not spit in the face of the team working so damn hard to please us all.

On that note: Even if the game is lame (it wont be, so there) Bo and all the crew from GRIN deserve our most sincere thanks and respect for at least taking the time to give us - I feel - the unique experience of being this close to the development of something we are all dying for! And it's a crime that it's reached a point where Bo has had a gut full of us.

THANKS BO & ALL THE GRINNERS FOR EVERYTHING!!