MP Answers

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ya desmonde, I got a suggestion for you guys. When I was asking you about movement you stated:

Then you can tap the crouch button and go down to a kneeling stance. From here you can shuffle (press forward), and run crouched (hold shift + forward). In this position you cannot sidestep, so you kind of become a smaller target, but not as effectively moving.

Well I know a lot of people like to crouch peek on corners and this will make it a lot harder to do without exposing ones self I would think. Maybe youve done it and can share?

I remember Full Mental Jacket ...

:devil:

Once this game comes out you'll have to look us up ...

This sounds like the tactical shooter all orginial GR1 hardcore gamers (the one's still playing GR and there alot of us) will really apprichiate.

Honestly, if there are only a few hundred thousand of us .. I am fine with that...

And yes, the Mental was spelt that way on purpose ..

Irish Stout

maybe this was stated before, sorry if it has, i wasnt going to read 6 pages to find out.

but this TvT domination mode sounds exactly what battlefield2 is, capture the flag, doesnt sound interesting.

if i want capture the flag ill continue to play BF2.

if GRIN knew the community wanted Team deathmatch why didnt they put that in first? i dont understand the reasoning behind that one.

im willing to bet 9/10 of this community would rather have DM then domination.

how do game devs prioritze feature when making a game?

do game developers put stuff in the game they want or stuff that they think we want?

after the fiasco with lockdown and the broken promises from UBI on ravenshield, i have a hard time trusting anything with a UBI involved.

I'm sure you all realize how unprecedented this is, that a member of the development team has graciously offered up his free time to explain to all of us what will be common knowledge within a few days. To me, this shows that not only does GRIN care about the community, but they understand how it feels to anticipate a release for 3 years!

Kudos to Desmond and the rest of the GRIN staff, I can only hope that others will follow in your lead. Again, thanks from all of us. You've made this old gamer feel like a kid again!

maybe this was stated before, sorry if it has, i wasnt going to read 6 pages to find out.

but this TvT domination mode sounds exactly what battlefield2 is, capture the flag, doesnt sound interesting.

if GRIN knew the community wanted Team deathmatch why didnt they put that in first? i dont understand the reasoning behind that one.

do game developers put stuff in the game they want or stuff that they think we want?

after the fiasco with lockdown and the broken promises from UBI on ravenshield, i have a hard time trusting anything with a UBI involved.

by the way BF2 doesnt have capture the flag, I wish it did though...

Wow, to be quite honest, I was very worried about how the domination game-type would play out in GRAW. However, after reading the interview and the forums, I am much more confident that it will provide a fun experience. I was most worried about people just running around neutralizing bases (ala BF2), but then I realized that there is no empty space between bases, so you will know exactly where the enemy is in your territory (not exactly, but the general idea). That is a huge sigh of relief for me cause it would have been so aggravating to have one guy running around neutralizing bases and then running away to an "empty" space and doing it all over again.

I do have one question though. Is there a server option to turn the whole points system off? Personally, one thing I loved about the whole R6/GR series was that you could have any gun you want, without any artificial limitation on it. Made more sense that soldiers would be properly equipped, not having to "save up money" to finally get that SAW you've been eyeing. It seems like the domination game type will encourage everyone to choose a diverse range of weapons, so why have any limitations?

Wow, to be quite honest, I was very worried about how the domination game-type would play out in GRAW.  However, after reading the interview and the forums, I am much more confident that it will provide a fun experience.  I was most worried about people just running around neutralizing bases (ala BF2), but then I realized that there is no empty space between bases, so you will know exactly where the enemy is in your territory (not exactly, but the general idea).  That is a huge sigh of relief for me cause it would have been so aggravating to have one guy running around neutralizing bases and then running away to an "empty" space and doing it all over again.

I do have one question though.  Is there a server option to turn the whole points system off?  Personally, one thing I loved about the whole R6/GR series was that you could have any gun you want, without any artificial limitation on it.  Made more sense that soldiers would be properly equipped, not having to "save up money" to finally get that SAW you've been eyeing.  It seems like the domination game type will encourage everyone to choose a diverse range of weapons, so why have any limitations?

I will Fire all ammunitions like Rambo form machinegun and kill you, my opponent all the time just wasting my bullets, but like this i will be thinking twice before shooting...

by the way BF2 doesnt have capture the flag, I wish it did though...

to add the that, gametype doesn't dictate the games mechanics. Team Death match in qauke III isn't the same as Team Death match in Ghost Recon 1 now is it? So lets just drop the bf2 comparison plz =(

If I remember correctly, yes you have the markers on your teammates - but only on your teammates. Don't remember if they can be turned off or not. I find them very useful because they help preventing friendly fire,

Not to moan or anything, but ... Friendly fire is an factor while playing competitive ladder games. I for one, dont want any "aid" in spotting my teammates, learning to know where they are is part of the game. Many matches can be lost (or won!) by teamkilling.

Lets add autoaim while you're at it, so we dont need to aim either ;) (ok, that was sarcasm, nothing else!)

Just my two cents.

Edited by IceDust

If I remember correctly, yes you have the markers on your teammates - but only on your teammates. Don't remember if they can be turned off or not. I find them very useful because they help preventing friendly fire,

Not to moan or anything, but ... Friendly fire is an factor while playing competitive ladder games. I for one, dont want any "aid" in spotting my teammates, learning to know where they are is part of the game. Many matches can be lost (or won!) by teamkilling.

Lets add autoaim while you're at it, so we dont need to aim either ;) (ok, that was sarcasm, nothing else!)

Just my two cents.

Enemy and teammates are so SAME looking, that you dont recognize anyone, there, take small example that happend to me once: i saw two guys firing each others, but didnt see who is who, i moved forward, one of the guys died, another started firing at me, without knowing, but killed me and got points, while i wanted to know who it was.

now thats was dump *AA

Oh, and How to win a match By teamkills? :huh::ermm:

Oh, and How to win a match By teamkills?  :huh:  :ermm:

It doesnt matter how similiar they look. Communication and use of the tactical map will help you.

And how to win a match by tk? The other team can tk too you know ... :D

Actually Capteenix, the scenario I am imagining is the exact opposite of yours. What I am imagining is that people will finally save up enough points to get the gun they want. And then they will camp. Because they know that if/when they die, they will no longer have the gun they want, but they will have the M8 (unless that IS the gun you want). Also, if you are playing no respawn, how are you going to get enough points to buy any gun? Can anyone clarify exactly how the entire points/weapon buying system works? If I get sniped before I get to even use my gun, will my gun just go to waste? Or can a teammate pick it up?

Oh, and How to win a match By teamkills?  :huh:  :ermm:

It doesnt matter how similiar they look. Communication and use of the tactical map will help you.

And how to win a match by tk? The other team can tk too you know ... :D

:lol: , I gues only tem commander will have tac-map :huh: i need an answer

:stupid:

Actually Capteenix, the scenario I am imagining is the exact opposite of yours.  What I am imagining is that people will finally save up enough points to get the gun they want.  And then they will camp.  Because they know that if/when they die, they will no longer have the gun they want, but they will have the M8 (unless that IS the gun you want).  Also, if you are playing no respawn, how are you going to get enough points to buy any gun?  Can anyone clarify exactly how the entire points/weapon buying system works?  If I get sniped before I get to even use my gun, will my gun just go to waste?  Or can a teammate pick it up?

i only know that after deatch, you need to"buy " your equipment again or something

Delta-Raphier

Can all keyboard strokes/commands be reassigned, it's very important for a left handed gamer like my self.

i´m a left handed gamer too and have the same question at the moment ;)

if not will it be possible like in "sorry for mention this game" BF2 to edit my config to use my standard keyboard settings ?

Edited by Shepy

Would be nice to have the option of turning friendly markers off, for league matches, i hope we can.

I'm not sure thats such a good idea, as seen in the screenshot

http://www.ghostrecon.com/ss/GRAW_PC_MP_01_10241.jpg

The mex & us looks alot alike, especially on movement, and I cant seem to see any radar with your teammates on it (unless you see them on the domination one, which I cant).

turning them off would be horror to walk around corners, you gonna pop on every sound next to you and teamkilling would increase substantialy

I have 2 questions here and Thanks in advance BTW...

1) If respawns are turned Off in DOM and future TDM modes, Will you be able to spectate your teammates? (During clan matches it's nice to be able to spectate your mates just like GR1 and R6 series).

2) Will be any type of tactical explosives like C4's for MP games?

Best Regards...

Edited by 1Bravo [CV]