MP Answers

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think there is also a solo mode (everyone against everyone) included.

I think i read that somewhere.

Considering Domination and Co-op are the only multiplayer modes in full version I highly doubt you will have deathmatch in demo? Wouldn't make sense.

All this "Global Points", "World Ranking"(RvS) tracking stuff is BS! Players end up spending more time trumping up there stats and the whole team work aspect of the game gets thrown aside!

Think about it for a second on a hockey team who is real the more valuble player, the guy who get 50 goals, or the guy with over 100 assists?

The guy with all the assists, but nobody notices him cause of the showboat with the 50 goals! With out the guy to assist him the showboat would never get the puck in the fist place!

All this "Global Points", "World Ranking"(RvS) tracking stuff is BS! Players end up spending more time trumping up there stats and the whole team work aspect of the game gets thrown aside!

Think about it for a second on a hockey team who is real the more valuble player, the guy who get 50 goals, or the guy with over 100 assists?

The guy with all the assists, but nobody notices him cause of the showboat with the 50 goals! With out the guy to assist him the showboat would never get the puck in the fist place!

Agree, i hate stats of any kind in a game, it just brings the worst out of people. For example in Battle for Middle Earth 2 RTS, you get a simple win/loss game stat. So people disconnect when there about to lose to avoid the loss, and i'm not joking here, about 80% of people do this.

I really wonder what goes through their mind when they do this..

Agree, i hate stats of any kind in a game, it just brings the worst out of people. For example in Battle for Middle Earth 2 RTS, you get a simple win/loss game stat. So people disconnect when there about to lose to avoid the loss, and i'm not joking here, about 80% of people do this.

I really wonder what goes through their mind when they do this..

Same thing in BF2. When you want to connect to full server You just have to wait till end of turn, lots of loosing team members disconnects. Pathetic <_<

Agreed as well. I said that when BF2 first came out.

Do you think stat tracking accuracy % is a problem? I agree that Kill/Death ratios shouldn't be tracked because people abuse it, but stats as to how accurate you are, how many objectives you've taken and the like probably wouldn't effect the gameplay that much, would it? If they didn't make a ladder out of those stats, then that would take away the incentive to play for stat ranking.

._. Well Stats can be good. I mean in BF2 I don't think anyone would be medic if it were not for stats. I get revived alot of times and its proved to very help full. So it depends,Are the stats geared toward Team points, or personal points.

Stats could work if you simply award them to the whole firesquad/team as opposed to just the person doing the deed. That way providing cover fire while your teammate flanks and gets the kill is just as much your kill as it is theirs. In domination if points are awarded for securing a sector they should be awarded to the whole team and not just the person who didn't get hit whilst capping that zone (cause he was hiding under a rock doing sweet **** all while his teammates went down trying to drive the enemy back).

Individual stats can be kept for things like accuracy, but if you also only kept team/firesquad stats for things like kills and deaths then you'd do well to try and keep your squadies alive, and help them get kills.

The downside to this is that you could get smacktards who simply try and drag other peoples stats down as they're all somewhat linked togther (in much the same vein as the people who stand in front of jets/tanks etc in BF2 and force you to TK them so they can punish you for a negative score).

Keeping team stats only could also encourage a lot more noob bashing and discourage people from ballancing players based on skill levels on pub servers. On second thoughts this isn't sounding like such a good idea afterall.

One of the annoying things about counterstrike is that all too often you'll get all of the good players on one side but none of them will want to switch because it'll hurt thier kill death ratio.

Edited by Spike

stats kill fun games.

Too true! I'm sick to the back teeth of BF2 now! I'll gladly trade it in if game will accept the SF expansion as a seperate game ;)

The only thing I needed to see in original GR was how many bullets i'd fired and how much i'd actually hit anything (i.e. accuracy stuff). I don't care whether i've killed billbob59 8 times and am now his worst enemy :o= That'd do for me.

But I guess the stat tracking does help keep the fools out of the game (to some extent), because the can be kicked for negative scores. BUT. This can be abused too, like the idiots that run in front of you on purpose as you are firing.

I'll just wait and see how it all pans out.

Yes...stats should be server only. No global ranking of any kind. But I would love it if a game came with good server stats. Seems we always have to wait for a mod or third-party utility for this kind of thing.

I have a MP Dom question (and forgive me if it has been asked before but I havent seen it ) its regarding teams and weapons .

Will MP be ghost vs ghost (I think I saw it was US Army vs Mexican Army) and will that affect what team get what weapons? ie. US team get Fn Scar's etc Mexican team get ....w/e M16/G36/AK ?

I played US mostly, but in the matches we switched sides after every round. I didn't notice any new guns, so both teams have the same weapons i guess (not 100% sure though)

stats kill fun games.

stats = statspadders = less teamplay. . .

part of the reason I never laddered.

That reasoning really doesn't make any sense to me. Ladder matches are where you find that absolute peak of gaming teamwork. Statwhoring only affects teamwork in public servers and that is solely because of the nature of the stats tracked.

If some company were to find a way to track stats related to teamwork rather than stats related to solo performance, then tracking would have a very different effect on the game.

Yea, like BF2, you pay outrageous prices for a sever you can't not change or add files to what so ever. BF2 is resetting stats if you play on a pistol or knife only server. I will control my servers as I see fit and will no longer support any business that does not support all it's players. Well, I am sorry if co-op is the only mode that is the concern well I have spent my last UBI dollar and it's to bad. There are lots of gamers out there that love TDM and are truly disappointed that games do not longer meet thier expectations.

What are the system requirements in order to host your own server at home?

512Kb of upload bandwidth is the required minimum for hosting a server on a full game.

The game interface offers an option to limit the bandwidth, so that players with a limited connection can still enjoy the gameplay with less destructive effects (although cover which has been destroyed will still be destroyed), and will not drag down the other players on the same server, who have a better connection.

Thanks to the Internet Gods I just found out I can get 16mb/2mb Cable Internet at the new house we are moving to. I will be ready to do some hosting in a big way! :rocky: