Now's your chance to correct me if I'm wrong......

So now you can "buy" weapons ala Soldner? And there is no LMS style gametype for m/p? Is this why there isn't much information being released?

Bo, this is a huge F-up if that's the case. Domination mode is geared towards respawn games. So much for tactical. Die, ###### rush, die, repeat. And I just saw the screen that describes Domination mode. With respawns it's...............................BF2!!!!!! With half of the multiplayer clients.

And the promises that it's going to be patched at a later date for an LMS gametype is just lip service IMHO. If the game doesn't sell as well as UBI wants it to they'll abandon it. Which means no money for patches. BF2 shipped with one less gametype than GRAW is shipping with. And they've been promised patches for more gametypes. How long has it been since it's been released? They've gotten nothing. I don't want to see that happen.

There are discussions started on several gaming ladders, and we had a huge powwow on our Vent channel last night with leaders from 14 squads. There are a few stragglers that will buy GRAW, but for the most part we've all decided to wait and see. We're not gonna get stuck with another Lockdown.

Anyhow, if anyone has any concrete evidence to show I'm mistaken, please straighten me out.

Edited by ruggbutt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So now you can "buy" weapons ala Soldner?  And there is no LMS style gametype for m/p?  Is this why there isn't much information being released? 

Bo, this is a huge F-up if that's the case.  Domination mode is geared towards respawn games.  So much for tactical.  Die, ###### rush, die, repeat.   And I just saw the screen that describes Domination mode.  With respawns it's...............................BF2!!!!!!  With half of the multiplayer clients.

<_< Comparing GRAW to BF2 should be a federal offence. Haven't this been discussed to death before anyway?

Edited by Moose

fear is the mind-killer

who says you can't be tactical with respawns? I think you can if the gameplay is truely tailored to it like they say it is. I am personally trying not to jump to conclusions until a demo is out. No point in getting your panties in a wad when you don't even know how it will all work. Unfortunately there won't be a MP demo so I'm not sure how I'll get that kind of info. Guess I'll wait for a review or others to buy and play it.

Edited by Ghost9

Dude, everyone here is saying that Dom mode is conducive to respawns. What else would you "compare" it to? I played respawns in GR once in a great while. It took tactical right out of the game.

Is it any wonder that the tactical mod for BF2 is huge?

And you guys completely missed the point. You're slagging me for a comparison? What about LMS? Try to focus please.

Edited by ruggbutt

So now you can "buy" weapons ala Soldner?  And there is no LMS style gametype for m/p?  Is this why there isn't much information being released? 

Bo, this is a huge F-up if that's the case.  Domination mode is geared towards respawn games.  So much for tactical.  Die, ###### rush, die, repeat.  And I just saw the screen that describes Domination mode.  With respawns it's...............................BF2!!!!!!  With half of the multiplayer clients.

And the promises that it's going to be patched at a later date for an LMS gametype is just lip service IMHO.  If the game doesn't sell as well as UBI wants it to they'll abandon it.  Which means no money for patches.  BF2 shipped with one less gametype than GRAW is shipping with.  And they've been promised patches for more gametypes.  How long has it been since it's been released?  They've gotten nothing.  I don't want to see that happen.

There are discussions started on several gaming ladders, and we had a huge powwow on our Vent channel last night with leaders from 14 squads.  There are a few stragglers that will buy GRAW, but for the most part we've all decided to wait and see.  We're not gonna get stuck with another Lockdown.

Anyhow, if anyone has any concrete evidence to show I'm mistaken, please straighten me out.

Read the forum on buy. Posted a few hours ago.

Rugg you and the forum you post on normally (yes I visit that too) are very hostile on everything and I respect that. BUT I wont go into your trash talking fight just yet. As for us not sticking to the game after release -well it is your word against mine - and what have you given us lately.

Thanks.

Bo

Bo, this is a huge F-up if that's the case.  Domination mode is geared towards respawn games.  So much for tactical.  Die, ###### rush, die, repeat.   And I just saw the screen that describes Domination mode.  With respawns it's...............................BF2!!!!!!  With half of the multiplayer clients.

And the promises that it's going to be patched at a later date for an LMS gametype is just lip service IMHO.  If the game doesn't sell as well as UBI wants it to they'll abandon it.  Which means no money for patches.  BF2 shipped with one less gametype than GRAW is shipping with.  And they've been promised patches for more gametypes.  How long has it been since it's been released?  They've gotten nothing.  I don't want to see that happen.

There are discussions started on several gaming ladders, and we had a huge powwow on our Vent channel last night with leaders from 14 squads.  There are a few stragglers that will buy GRAW, but for the most part we've all decided to wait and see.  We're not gonna get stuck with another Lockdown.

Read the forum on buy. Posted a few hours ago.

Rugg you and the forum you post on normally (yes I visit that too) are very hostile on everything and I respect that. BUT I wont go into your trash talking fight just yet. As for us not sticking to the game after release -well it is your word against mine - and what have you given us lately.

Thanks.

Bo

Also read the forum on re spawns - you can turn it off or set it to a number. The dom mode is moddable to suit most ppl.

Dude, everyone here is saying that Dom mode is conducive to respawns.  What else would you "compare" it to?  I played respawns in GR once in a great while.  It took tactical right out of the game.

Is it any wonder that the tactical mod for BF2 is huge?

And you guys completely missed the point.  You're slagging me for a comparison?  What about LMS?  Try to focus please.

How many hours or minutes did you played the Domination mode? :wall:

Rugg you and the forum you post on normally (yes I visit that too) are very hostile on everything and I respect that.

Why do you respect that?

Beacuse I know that they in heart are passionate about gaming. Playing tough is just a way to express that.

BUT I wont go into your trash talking fight just yet. As for us not sticking to the game after release -well it is your word against mine - and what have you given us lately.

There's no trash talking Bo. I'm requesting that you answer the questions. And your supposition that I'm always hostile is incorrect too. I'm not politically correct and I speak my mind. Which is what I did in this thread. You are mistaking me being hostile about anything. As for what have I given "you" lately, it's not my job to give anyone anything. I gave this community a way to spot retlockers for GR. I didn't get paid for it and it's still being used by 5 gaming ladders. I'll send you a copy of my "software" if you like.

Please answer why you guys would leave out LMS or a similar gametype?

Edited by ruggbutt

BUT I wont go into your trash talking fight just yet. As for us not sticking to the game after release -well it is your word against mine - and what have you given us lately.

There's no trash talking Bo. I'm requesting that you answer the questions. And your supposition that I'm always hostile is incorrect too. As for what have I given "you" lately, it's not my job to give anyone anything. I gave this community a way to spot retlockers for GR. I didn't get paid for it and it's still being used by 5 gaming ladders.

Take it easy killer.

There's no trash talking Bo. I'm requesting that you answer the questions. And your supposition that I'm always hostile is incorrect too. As for what have I given "you" lately, it's not my job to give anyone anything. I gave this community a way to spot retlockers for GR. I didn't get paid for it and it's still being used by 5 gaming ladders.

Take it easy killer.

totally hostile. unnecessarily so. doesn't help anything and only discourages the devs to make any kind of posts.

Edited by Ghost9

I love this. You guys are attacking me cuz I'm asking questions. I'm being polite too. I appreciate your presence here Bo, but unlike the rest of these guys, I'm not gonna kiss your butt.

If you'd like to see hostile, just let the rest of the sycophants attack me cuz I asked for clarification. ;)

Take it easy killer.

if i was BO, maybe i didnt want to make YOU happy, or didnt have a time, cuz you will whine either ,with LMS or without and thats fact.

Maybe i didnt want to delay this game 0_0

dman think about it!

Why not just wait until the game is released? If the features you want aren't in it, don't buy it. If there is sufficient demand for a feature like a gametype, it will be remedied in short order with a patch. Chill.

Make it about me if that makes you feel better. I asked politely for clarification. He refused to answer. Then in another thread he told me to go back to Crytek, which is a response to the fact that our mod OE2 is sponsored by them and that I'm under NDA contract with them. ###### does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

That's a heck of a way to answer any questions. And Capteenix, when was the last time I posted over here about GRAW? I have literally half a dozen threads I've posted in during the last 3 months. So take your "whine" comment elsewhere. Attacking me is fine, I've got big shoulders and I won't kiss anyone's butt.

The fact is that I'm not the only one who isn't happy about LMS being left out. That's where you should focus. Instead of "whining" about me asking for clarification.

Edited by ruggbutt

If the features you want aren't in it, don't buy it. If there is sufficient demand for a feature like a gametype, it will be remedied in short order with a patch.

And where did you get this info from? Can you plz give me the link.. Thats what I thought.

*yawn*

I can agree that any mp game needs a team deathmatch mode and one objective mode. Now ... GRAW doesnt have it, but Bo tells us they are gonna support this game, and might add TDM, LMS or PMS or what you call it, in a later stage.

If that doesnt suit you, dont buy the game untill it has the requested mode after a patch or two. Now that is what I call simple. I will on the other hand, buy the game and have some fun while I'm waiting :)

Edited by Colin

I love this.  You guys are attacking me cuz I'm asking questions.  I'm being polite too.  I appreciate your presence here Bo, but unlike the rest of these guys, I'm not gonna kiss your butt. 

If you'd like to see hostile, just let the rest of the sycophants attack me cuz I asked for clarification. ;)

Listen, comparing GRAW to BF2 just because of some similarities in concept and basically accusing GRIN of being morons in the process is not polite. Feel free to call us fanboys if you'd like, but you're still acting like you're at the ubi forums or someplace like that.

We are polite towards the Grin people because we want them here. Instead of bashing them whenever we hear something we don't like, we ask them instead. Thanks to that it we can actually feel rather optimistic about GRAW and the devs are still hanging around here.

Rugg you and the forum you post on normally (yes I visit that too) are very hostile on everything and I respect that.

Why do you respect that?

Beacuse I know that they in heart are passionate about gaming. Playing tough is just a way to express that.

I don't think that's an excuse really..

Edited by Moose

Bo, this is a huge F-up if that's the case.  Domination mode is geared towards respawn games.  So much for tactical.  Die, ###### rush, die, repeat.  And I just saw the screen that describes Domination mode.  With respawns it's...............................BF2!!!!!!  With half of the multiplayer clients.

these are not comments asking for clarification. These are complaints and threats of not buying the game. Adding a line at the bottom of your bitching doesn't make it a polite request for clarification.

A post above was right. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I doubt any tears will be shed for you. Yes there are quite a few people concerned with how the multiplayer will function, including myself, but making posts like these don't help anything.

I love this.  You guys are attacking me cuz I'm asking questions.  I'm being polite too.  I appreciate your presence here Bo, but unlike the rest of these guys, I'm not gonna kiss your butt. 

We are polite towards the Grin people because we want them here. Instead of bashing them whenever we hear something we don't like, we ask them instead. Thanks to that it we can actually feel rather optimistic about GRAW and the devs are still hanging around here.

Dude, nobody is bashing anyone. Get ur facts straight about who is bashing who here. All we did is ask one simple question and sofar we still got no answer.