Xbox Live - Joining Public Matches As Group

napureki

A group of 5-6 of my coworkers enjoy playing GRAW on Xbox live, but we've pretty much exhausted any entertainment we can get out of the co-op games.

The other night, we tried our first foray into PvP action and were somewhat disappointed with the group creation mechanics.

There were five of us and we wanted to get 3 other people from Xbox Live so that we could have some 4-on-4 team elimination action. However, it took us a substantial amount of time to actually create the game. One of us would host the game, invite all of our friends, but by the time we could all join, a bunch of other people from Xbox Live would swarm the game and fill it up before all of us could join.

Is there any way to create a match so that only our friends can join it, and only then open it up to the rest of the world?

well u could basically tell the people that you are waiting on friends and politely boot people as necessary....if u explain your reasons why u want the slots open then people are generally understanding.

The best way to do this is to get everyone to join you whilst you've got the server set to an unpopular game. We normally use solo objective - flag capture or some such. Your mates know where to look for you, but hardly anyone else will come in.

Once you've got your mates together then you re set the game type to what you what you really wanted to play, and the room will fill up quickly with your new opposition. :D

well u could basically tell the people that you are waiting on friends and politely boot people as necessary....if u explain your reasons why u want the slots open then people are generally understanding.

The best way to do this is to get everyone to join you whilst you've got the server set to an unpopular game. We normally use solo objective - flag capture or some such. Your mates know where to look for you, but hardly anyone else will come in.

Once you've got your mates together then you re set the game type to what you what you really wanted to play, and the room will fill up quickly with your new opposition. :D

The best way is to set the room up as PRIVATE.....cretae private game!!!!

If this is no good then just boot the players out until your buddies are all in? It is in server options....kick player?

Just ask, don't boot, most players understand and leave. Just kicking them is stupid, kick them if they refuse to leave simple. Also make sure you the host assign's teams otherwise you get the joker who keeps pressing "Y" to switch teams avoiding you kicking them.

while, yes all those options will work to get your friends in the game, i agree with you, they should have put the clan mechanics into the game. for such a "squad" based game, it is surely lacking in support for it. they have also announced nothing in regards to it. and i doubt they will at e3.

while, yes all those options will work to get your friends in the game, i agree with you, they should have put the clan mechanics into the game. for such a "squad" based game, it is surely lacking in support for it. they have also announced nothing in regards to it. and i doubt they will at e3.

Which makes me wonder. Why not? What's the hold up on even a little information about IDEAS for downloadable content? I've had this game since day one and I love it more now than I did then to be honest because I have a fully renewed interest in co-op and squad gametypes but, new guns, clan support, new levels, more options and even the ability to invite friends into ranked games would be nice. Hey it'd be even better just to get a little info on this :-( I'm in the dark enlighten us guys.