Just out of interest, anyone else as bored as me?

dickie

Yeah, so more and more I am coming to realise that I'm just downright bored. I want to go and do stuff, but can't. I'm stuck here in this souless little town, I'm stuck at college, I'm sick and tired of exams and A Levels. I hate it all. But, because 'exams are everything' I have no choice. Neither does anyone else and I appreciate that, but it still sucks all the same. I want to go, I want to travel and see new places, my life is too short for sitting here methinks.

And then theres the people, I'm not like the people here. They're content to live a mundane existance drifting from one moment of intoxication to another, and working to provide the funds to enter such a state. I'm not. I want to leave.

Right now, I have no real reasons to stay apart from an honourary sister, so why don't I? The only real reason I'm going to uni next year is because my parents want me to, and I don't want to let them down any more than I have done already.

So yeah, anyone else bored? :wall:

Dickie, you need to take a trip somewhere. The key is to do it very last minute. Get your backpack, stuff a few clean boxers in em along with your passport and just go.

After working my ass off for over two straight years in New York, I took off for three weeks in Marrakesh alone. Probably one of the best experiences of my life.

OK, misery loves company... so to help you feel a bit less a victim of circumstance I will share 3 random boring facts that are an everday element in my existence and we'll see if you still feel bored through relative comparison.

1) 7a loans are for working capital whereas the 166 and 504 loans deal with property and equipment. If you have less than a 720 credit score you can basically forget applying for any of these.

2) provisional patents gain you a 12 month window to further research or validate your intellectual property (IP) before needing to put forth a formal patent application - either a utility, design, or plant patent.

3) private companies operate on fiscal calendar years, whereas federal agencies operate Oct.1 - Sept. 30., whereas universities usually operate on a July 1 - June 30 fiscal calendar. (Try matching reporting when you have to consolidate reports and budget accordingly)

OK, and I went to school for marketing because I wanted to be a manager at an ad agency... wow. How far off course have i drifted??? :dunce:

Edited by tangovictor

3) private companies operate on fiscal calendar years ...

Not necessarily. I'm working on one now with a January 31 FYE and another with a June 30.

Some companies with ESOPs have a fiscal year end and a plan year end.

Wow, I can feel Dickie's excitement from here!! :lol:

I want to go, I want to travel and see new places, my life is too short for sitting here methinks.

And then theres the people, I'm not like the people here. They're content to live a mundane existance drifting from one moment of intoxication to another, and working to provide the funds to enter such a state. I'm not. I want to leave.

Right now, I have no real reasons to stay apart from an honourary sister, so why don't I? The only real reason I'm going to uni next year is because my parents want me to, and I don't want to let them down any more than I have done already.

So do something about it. I felt the same way. Now, I'm waiting on official word from the University of Beirut to see if I can go there for school (and so far it's looking very good). I also applied to George Washington University (I might get accepted, but can't drum up the $50K a year to go).

I know how it is, I'm in a small college in a relatively small city. My friends don't want to do anything with themselves that's out of the norm (my own girlfriend has told me she's content never living outside the county). But I'm different, I'm ready to experience things while I can and do things most people wouldn't, or don't.

Right now the plan is for me to spend a week in Italy in September before I go school, then spend a week in France with a friend for Spring Break and then a week somewhere else before I come back home for the summer. Finally, I might spend summer at a friend's house on the beach and work there (9hrs away from home).

Some opportunities only present themselves once, take advantage while you can, and never settle for less.

Now, if you want to complain about bad days... I've got you topped today. :D Normally, my days are busy, but good days. Not today, today sucked... my truck is still on the side of I-40E.... yuck. Still keeping my head high though, things will sort out. It was just a liusy day.

@Colin, I'd say all of those things relate to your optimism level... my bits work fine, and I have a full stomach, but I'm still bored as hell sometimes. :lol: