GRAW MP Q&A + screenshot

I hope not, that infernal combat orgy has no place whatsoever in a tactical game.

You may not like it, to each their own, but that doesn't change the fact that Team vs. Team Deathmatch is the most popular form of online competition in regards to shooters and ladders.

And calling it a "combat orgy" only gets my juices going...what is wrong with a combat orgy any way? Sounds good to me!!! :devil:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So death match isn't in the inital release?

And is there really only these three modes? Domination sounds like it could be intresting, but really its going to be a game mode played with respawns, and for myself personally, games with respawns never intrested me, and when no respon/no mode servers dried up i nthe community that is when I mostly stopped playing.

I cant wait to find out some more info about the multiplayer experince.

hmmm...I'm confused about this one. It sounds like Co-op and Domination are the only MP modes at launch? To me, no Deathmatch means no Team vs. Team.

My question is the same as yours...but now I think I see why they have not been talking about MP...and it really has me worried again. :(

Don't get me wrong...I think Co-op (especially the way GRIN has created it) and Domination are cool and important modes, but to leave out the most popular mode for competition, which is Team vs. Team Deathmatch, just doesn't make sense to me.

I know he said it will come in a patch, but that seems like it should have been the FIRST mode implemented, not an after thought.

I've no more info than you... but I'd have thought the Domination mode is Team vs Team, on steroids i.e they've almost forced tactical/strategic considerations onto teams rather than relying on teams to actually play this way?

So death match isn't in the inital release?

And is there really only these three modes? Domination sounds like it could be intresting, but really its going to be a game mode played with respawns, and for myself personally, games with respawns never intrested me, and when no respon/no mode servers dried up i nthe community that is when I mostly stopped playing.

I cant wait to find out some more info about the multiplayer experince.

hmmm...I'm confused about this one. It sounds like Co-op and Domination are the only MP modes at launch? To me, no Deathmatch means no Team vs. Team.

My question is the same as yours...but now I think I see why they have not been talking about MP...and it really has me worried again. :(

Don't get me wrong...I think Co-op (especially the way GRIN has created it) and Domination are cool and important modes, but to leave out the most popular mode for competition, which is Team vs. Team Deathmatch, just doesn't make sense to me.

I know he said it will come in a patch, but that seems like it should have been the FIRST mode implemented, not an after thought.

I've no more info than you... but I'd have thought the Domination mode is Team vs Team, on steroids i.e they've almost forced tactical/strategic considerations onto teams rather than relying on teams to actually play this way?

My thought exactly...and that mode is all good...I love the idea for ladder matches and such. But Deathmatch is where it is at for pickup games and such. You just are not going to get that many people that don't know eachother or have played together to get organized enough to make it worth it in a pickup match situation.

when they say "deathmatch" they mean 1v1v1v1v1v1....?

I hope not, that infernal combat orgy has no place whatsoever in a tactical game.

sometimes people just want to kick back and kill people. there's no problems with having the mode. it's not gonna force you to play it.

My thought exactly...and that mode is all good...I love the idea for ladder matches and such. But Deathmatch is where it is at for pickup games and such. You just are not going to get that many people that don't know eachother or have played together to get organized enough to make it worth it in a pickup match situation.

Again, no info... but 2 thoughts. Maybe the tools available for teamwork ingame will make it a bit easier for pickup games to be tactical. and... whats to stop teams from just treating this as a deathmatch game, with the ocassional bit of tactics thrown in?

I know I'm biased... but this domination mode REALLY appeals to me. I can understand if people are upset at the lack of "random warfare", but I'm delighted that this mode is in the game :grin1:

Domination Mode is TvT, but with STRATEGIC objectives, making it more challanging. While the game will not ship with TvT DM, GRIN will add this after the release date, so at least it is positive for fans of TvT DM. GRIN has put a lot of effort in this game, everytime a see a video or screenshot it reminds me of GR1 and RVS. Therefore, such minor and temporary MP mode exclusion won't stop me from buying the game.

Edited by Steel1977

Domination Mode is TvT, but with STRATEGIC objectives, making it more challanging. While the game will not ship with TvT DM, GRIN will add this after the release date, so at least it is positive for fans of TvT DM. GRIN has put a lot of effort in this game, so such a minor and temporary exclusion won't stop me from buying the game.

I agree...I look forward to playing this mode...and I can wait for TvT DM as Bo has already stated it is coming. It just never occured to many of us that this essential MP mode wouldn't be in at launch...just makes the whole MP side of things feel unfinished, and that is what worries me.

It won't stop me from buying it at release. :grin1:

One thing I was hoping for was to have cross coms in the MP mode. Maybe it is there but I missed something, but have not seen anything on it except in Coop.

It would be nice to be a sniper and spot targets and have your teamates look through your camera to see what you are looking at.

As for TvT. It is alittle disapointing that it is not included yet, but on the other hand the Domination mode looks extremely nice.

By the one screenshot it looks like whoever gets to "Point C" first and contrlos that would win the match, but a good thing is that you are not limited to attacking from one direction, so you could come in from random sides creating panic to try and take it over.

Domination Mode is TvT, but with STRATEGIC objectives, making it more challanging.

Exactly. Don't see how this doesn't count as TvT. If thats the way you want to play it, go for it. You might be disadvanted by the opposition playing it more tactically ;) But I thought that was the point of this game? For me... when I said I wanted a tactical-squad based game I wasn't talking about improved graphics and animations. I wanted... tactical gameplay

:blink::blink:

Domination Mode is TvT, but with STRATEGIC objectives, making it more challanging.

Exactly. Don't see how this doesn't count as TvT. If thats the way you want to play it, go for it. You might be disadvanted by the opposition playing it more tactically ;) But I thought that was the point of this game? For me... when I said I wanted a tactical-squad based game I wasn't talking about improved graphics and animations. I wanted... tactical gameplay

And in normal Team survival, you can't use tactical gameplay?

It might not be your cup of tea, but alot of people prefer normal team deathmatch.

Edited by cassius

I think the problem, and or the difference in Domination and TvT, is that in Domination it looks like respawns will be a must to finish the objective, where as most of us are not respawn friendly, and would rather have it where we just went at it and if you die, your dead till next round.

So the main issue is the fact that respawns will come into play. Atleast that is my issue with it.

just makes the whole MP side of things feel unfinished,

I just don't get this.... The game got delayed because it was unfinished. The membership here had a fit!!!! Some even said put it out unfinished and patch it later. Now the game has gone gold. It's going to be released, but not at the level to everyone's satisfaction. However, it has already been stated that it will be patched to continue to meet the demands of the community, but people are still complaining almost as much as if it was delayed again to include more MP modes. :wall:

well if domination is a respawn game- hopefully the ladders and server admins will set some sort of limmit on respawns to keep the "run-n-gun" down. i just feel like if it is an unlimmited respawn game- it will turn into bf2 or the likes minus vehicles. nobody cares about dying if you can just come right back to life. i feel there's no way around it.

on the other hand- if it was free of respawns, then it would turn into regular old TDM (which i prefer anyway). hopefully there is a happy medium.

I just don't get this.... The game got delayed because it was unfinished. The membership here had a fit!!!! Some even said put it out unfinished and patch it later. Now the game has gone gold. It's going to be released, but not at the level to everyone's satisfaction. However, it has already been stated that it will be patched to continue to meet the demands of the community, but people are still complaining almost as much as if it was delayed again to include more MP modes. :wall:

I have no problem with delaying the game to make it complete. I have never complained about the delays, and never will. I can handle any delay if the information is there to explain why. If there are good reasons, like completing the game, I could care less if it is delayed.

I am only stating my concern that a Multiplayer mode, especially the one mode that I believe EVERY shooter has, wasn't included in the initial game. This worries me, is all.

I also stated I will puchase the game regardless, so I don't see a problem with me speaking my mind about it...other than it seems you have a problem with it.

Edited by Druac_Blaise

Hmm team vs team dom only? I wasn't much for "warzone" in the original GR1.

Don't get me wrong, with 2 teams working together is can be fun, when both teams are on comms, but not with public joiners. On the public side, the guys with the comms will have all the area's controlled there team and it will be a spawn killing for the opposing public joiners. (seen this in BF2)

That's my take on it at least but it may be different. I'm glad they will be adding the team vs team dm though... one other that i would like to see is siege as it gives a single objective.

Even without the team vs team in the start though, our clan will be playing it as there are many goods and very few cons.

well if domination is a respawn game- hopefully the ladders and server admins will set some sort of limmit on respawns to keep the "run-n-gun" down. i just feel like if it is an unlimmited respawn game- it will turn into bf2 or the likes minus vehicles. nobody cares about dying if you can just come right back to life. i feel there's no way around it.

on the other hand- if it was free of respawns, then it would turn into regular old TDM (which i prefer anyway). hopefully there is a happy medium.

I'd be amazed if the number of respawns cannot be set by the server. So, if you set respawns to zero... how does this differ from normal TvT? I agree too on the unlimited respawns issue. I dislike respawns, for the obvious reasons. We used to set our rounds to 30 minutes, with 2 respawns... was a decent compromise.

I'm sorry to be going on about this.... just seems to me that people are turning a molehill into a mountain. The options, I'm sure, will allow you to play this anyway you want.

And no, I ddn't mean to imply that TvT requires no tactics.... but then thats hard to accomplish with a "pickup game" too, yeah?

=3rdMillhouse,Apr 19 2006, 06:33 PM]

Nothing so far regarding character appearance customization. :(

No character customization on launch.

ADB5,Apr 19 2006, 07:16 PM]

Q   CAN YOU GIVE US THE FINAL SPECS OF THE GAME?

A   You will need a 2 GHz Pentium® IV or the equivalent with 1024 MB RAM and 5 GB of hard drive space, NVIDIA® GeForceâ„¢ 6/7 or ATI® Radeon® 9600-9800/XT

Is this to be able to run the game, or run a dedicated server?

Run the game,System Requirments.

slakteKnut,Apr 19 2006, 07:40 PM]

Must say Im disapointed right now. Never ever ocured to me that there would be no team vs team.

I dont need this game if theres no team deathmatch!

TVT is in.

Perhaps the biggest reason for owning the PC version will be the editor which will become available for download post release. This will allow players to create their own levels as well as other gameplay alterations. The most interesting thing about the editor that was mentioned was that levels made in the editor by users are not limited to four player cooperative. Imagine that. User made levels will allows multiple squads to run around and work together, frankly the gameplay possibilities are utterly unlimited by that amount of cooperative play.

Some of you need to show some patience.

All things come to those who waite.

As far as MP is concerned there will be more suprises to come as promised.

I have no problem with delaying the game to make it complete. I have never complained about the delays, and never will. I can handle any delay if the information is there to explain why. If there are good reasons, like completing the game, I could care less if it is delayed.

I am only stating my concern that Multiplayer, especially the one mode that I believe EVERY shooter has, wasn't included in the initial game. This worries me, is all.

I also stated I will puchase the game regardless, so I don't see a problem with me speaking my mind about it...other than it seems you have a problem with it.

I quoted you because that was what was handy. I wasn't picking on you in particular.

I don't have a problem with people speaking their mind except that we keep hearing (reading) the same thing over and over again. I realize that not everyone will can be pleased, but it gets frustrating to read "if it doesn't have _____, I'm not buying it" (Again, I know that isn't what you said.) or "I can't believe it doesn't have _______" or the opposite "I can't believe they included _______!" However, if the game had been delayed again, all hell would have broken lose here. I just feel there is a no-win situation and I was voicing my mind about it.

The GRIN devs are working their butts off to please this community. It's not an easy task.

Domination sounds great. I remember at TCZ we implemented a rule set where one side chose map, the other color and game type( if I remember correctly) many time there was a LMS game played on embassy and a hostage game played on docks and siege ftw....Im sure we can collectively figure a way to make this game matchable....until LMS is patched in. :D

I am only stating my concern that Multiplayer, especially the one mode that I believe EVERY shooter has, wasn't included in the initial game. This worries me, is all.

I quoted you because that was what was handy. I wasn't picking on you in particular.

I don't have a problem with people speaking their mind except that we keep hearing (reading) the same thing over and over again. I realize that not everyone will can be pleased, but it gets frustrating to read "if it doesn't have _____, I'm not buying it" (Again, I know that isn't what you said.) or "I can't believe it doesn't have _______" or the opposite "I can't believe they included _______!" However, if the game had been delayed again, all hell would have broken lose here. I just feel there is a no-win situation and I was voicing my mind about it.

The GRIN devs are working their butts off to please this community. It's not an easy task.

No worries...I understand your frustrations...as I understand being frustrated about this fact.

And I think most here, even those frustrated about this latest MP ommission, know that GRIN is an awesome group of developers and are working hard to make this the game we all want. I also understand that they can't please everyone...it just seemed to me that this one was something they should have made a priority is all.

When the game editor is released i'm sure we will see more Multiplayer game types released (just as with DS and IT), also as with GR1 some of the modders will be scripting away like beavers to come up with even more TvT game types.

Like Bo has stated, the updates/mod tools etc will be released long before you've even completed the Single player campaigns.

We've not even played it yet, so how do you know how it will pan out, you might even end up thinking it's better than plain old kill your enemy and try spawn rape them.

I'm liking the idea of Domination, it requires you to think about more than just shooting at someone, it absolutly requires you to work as a team, and keep you supply routes safe whilst making advances into enemy territory.

Even without comms you can see where your teams weak spots are and where they are strong, and use your own judgment, re-enforce an advance or secure a possible flanking manouvere.

Try it before slating it...