GRAW MP Q&A + screenshot

Part of the outcry is frustration on lack of information regarding m/p, or GRAW in general. 

Fakt.

Maybe if you have been around here and read what the developers have to say you would be better informed than hanging out in that kiddo infested UBI forum. Sorry man, but this is getting tired.

There are just as many smacktards here as there are over there. And even if the members of the official forum are younger and perhaps a little less articulate, that doesn't make their opinions any less valid than yours.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of the outcry is frustration on lack of information regarding m/p, or GRAW in general. 

Fakt.

Maybe if you have been around here and read what the developers have to say you would be better informed than hanging out in that kiddo infested UBI forum. Sorry man, but this is getting tired.

There are just as many smacktards here as there are over there. And even if the members of the official forum are younger and perhaps a little less articulate, that doesn't make their opinions any less valid than yours.

I agree. I respect people's opinion, and some people over there have also some good ideas for the game. But I still like it here, because people are more mature and are more polite than the UBI forum. @UBI forum people are hostile and start flaming the devs and each other for insignificant things.

Am I mistaken in that UBI is the one that is responsible for there being any patches, expansions, etc.? I assume they have to pay for any of that, in that they have to pay GRIN to do the work?

In this case, which I didn't really think about when hearing Bo promising this stuff after release, I am even more worried than before. We can't argue about GRIN's dedication and hard work in regards to finally bringing this title back to the PC fans. However, we can argue big time about UBI's track record in regards to supporting their games and responding to what the community asks for AFTER release.

This, I think, is what worries most of these people saying they will not buy the game. They have been down this road with UBI before. I totally believe in GRIN and I think they will do whatever UBI allows them to do in regards to supporting the community; I just have LITTLE faith in UBI allowing it. This is the main reason we are worried about things missing in the initial release.

But I still like it here, because people are more mature and are more polite than the UBI forum. @UBI forum people are hostile and start flaming the devs and each other for insignificant things.

After reading the last page or so im wondering! :wacko:

It must be hard being a Dev. You try to interact with the community and you know you represent your development house and publisher. Then you get these whiny, outspoken little fatherless children crying like my 6 month old neice with a full nappy about gameplay elements they haven't tested.

If I were GRIN, I'd be thinking SIERRA TANGO FOXTROT UNIFORM you MIKE OSCAR BRAVO of WHISKY HOTEL INDIA NOVEMBER YANKY little BRAVO INDIA TANGO CHARLIE  HOTEL ECHO SIERRAS. If you don't like it, don't buy it!  :g_guns:

I think the big fear for a lot of them is that they will be out of their TDM element. It represents change and maybe a more even playing ground. Maybe because they think they won't be able to manipulate the repetition of the gametype.

But we know you and your clan will buy it. Trying to browbeat the devs over a few copies is ridiculous. They said they'd patch it in. It probably wont take them long - if they havent already gotten it done. Put the collective dummy back in your mouth.  :rolleyes:  :nono:

I hope GRIN don't let this stuff kill their buzz. 99.9% of us are amped - TDM or not. I just hope that when the game comes out they don't let the inevitable onslaught of whining drown out the messages of thanks.

This is GRAW not GR1~ don’t expect a replica with new graphics

Amen.

Tony, the game looks amazing gameplay wise and everything else in between, but Tom Clancy series has always been a TDM no respawn game and you know that. We just want what we love. Is that so hard to grasp? Options are where its at. I dont think TDM shouldve taken a back seat to Domination and many other dont as well. That said, Im very excited to see this game in action, I just want my favortie gameplay in addition to many others. Sure they say its coming in a patch. But when? If it was Domination coming in a patch you wouldnt see near as much whining if any at all. I just say when it aint broke, dont fix it, add to it.

Am I mistaken in that UBI is the one that is responsible for there being any patches, expansions, etc.? I assume they have to pay for any of that, in that they have to pay GRIN to do the work?

In this case, which I didn't really think about when hearing Bo promising this stuff after release, I am even more worried than before. We can't argue about GRIN's dedication and hard work in regards to finally bringing this title back to the PC fans. However, we can argue big time about UBI's track record in regards to supporting their games and responding to what the community asks for AFTER release.

This, I think, is what worries most of these people saying they will not buy the game. They have been down this road with UBI before. I totally believe in GRIN and I think they will do whatever UBI allows them to do in regards to supporting the community; I just have LITTLE faith in UBI allowing it. This is the main reason we are worried about things missing in the initial release.

Totally agree that this is a lot of the cause for concern. UBI is not good when it comes to support. We all love and respect GRIN, we just only trust UBI about as far as we can throw them.

Wow man, 13 pages so I could make sure I got my facts right (Hope so anyways)

Respawn can be turned of or set to an individual number

Yippee, wonderful, this was the biggest problem for Lockdown in my opinion. This allows ladders to work correctly and different types of competitive play to arrive and stops a game being run and Gun

LMS/DM/TDM not coming with the game. Shame but the will come in a patch, that’s ok sort of, I am sure they will, GR1 needed some patches before it was really good.

Domination

I will be running a ladder for this, I will base it on objectives gained in the match as well as kills. If we can set re-spawn and we can work in teams then we can ladder

It will do until we get LMS. Then again it might be better, who knows

I will also be running a co-op ladder, which will be interesting.

As far as I can make out we have not got all we wanted (Never would have) But we do have what looks like an awesome game, with Team Play and Ladder Play Capabilities. That’s a lot more than Lockdown has.

I look forward to the release. Any more info on multiplayer set up, and in game scoring would be an asset in order to make sure the ladders represent the game. But if it doesn’t come I can wait.

Fakt.

I agree. I respect people's opinion, and some people over there have also some good ideas for the game. But I still like it here, because people are more mature and are more polite than the UBI forum. @UBI forum people are hostile and start flaming the devs and each other for insignificant things.

You take the blue pill and the thead gets locked. You wake in by your computer and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill and you stay in GR-Land and Grin shows you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. (pause) Remember -- all Grin is offering is GRAW, nothing more.

Oh wait... no... I didn't say that... I'm not really that geeky.... really!

Edited by riptide

TDM and replays were a basic part of GR, which for me, made the game so great for matching. Sad to see both left out of GRAW and has me worried if the game should have been called GRAW or AW.

what about hamburger hill :P

What about Hamburger Hill?

All I know that I have played GR for years and matched 1000's of times. I enjoyed playing HH from time to time, but TDM was way more popular.

Found a SS which probarbly shows how the "byuing" weapons thing will be.

Its likley that you will have to pick weapons based on what you will gain from your supply lines. Not buying them, like in CS.

This is also like some high up there has said. About keeping the supply lines and such.

Cant guarantee you havent seen it before though.

Ingame SS

Tony, the game looks amazing gameplay wise and everything else in between, but Tom Clancy series has always been a TDM no respawn game and you know that. We just want what we love. Is that so hard to grasp?

Not at all mate. I'm with you 100%. I was just saying that the game has gone gold, GRIN most probably have very good reasons for taking the route that they have. They've done all they can do to assure us of a patch. There's no point beating up on the Devs at this stage. As said, if we don't get TDM it most probably will be UBI's fault. UBI are fair game IMO. ;)

I want a mode where I rescue Jennifer Love Hewitt's hot little pocket from the clutches of Saddam Husseins resurected sons, but I'm not going to abuse the devs about not including it on release ...

GRIN most probably have very good reasons for taking the route that they have. They've done all they can do to assure us of a patch. There's no point beating up on the Devs at this stage. As said, if we don't get TDM it most probably will be UBI's fault. UBI are fair game IMO.  ;)

I agree with zll of that. But then we get into the other realm: Should be purchase GRAW knowing that it's UBI's call on the patch? Is there a guarantee that we'll get the new gametype? UBI is fair game and has done some pretty boneheaded moves in the past. I don't doubt Bo's (or GRIN's) intentions at all, but in the end game it's UBI who makes the final decisions.

I would think that an UBI rep would be well served to make a public statement regarding said patch.

Found a SS which probarbly shows how the "byuing" weapons thing will be.

Its likley that you will have to pick weapons based on what you will gain from your supply lines. Not buying them, like in CS.

This is also like some high up there has said. About keeping the supply lines and such.

Cant guarantee you havent seen it before though.

Ingame SS

i see jsut pre-Loading screen of campaign where you choose your gun, named by Mitchell. :blink: im looking right screen?

I want a mode where I rescue Jennifer Love Hewitt's hot little pocket from the clutches of Saddam Husseins resurected sons, but I'm not going to abuse the devs about not including it on release ...

Im confused I coulda sworn that was included. Bo could you please verify this? :g_withgrin:

lol messed up the quote, what a forum noob.

Edited by Judge_Recluse

GRIN most probably have very good reasons for taking the route that they have. They've done all they can do to assure us of a patch. There's no point beating up on the Devs at this stage. As said, if we don't get TDM it most probably will be UBI's fault. UBI are fair game IMO.  ;)

I agree with zll of that. But then we get into the other realm: Should be purchase GRAW knowing that it's UBI's call on the patch? Is there a guarantee that we'll get the new gametype? UBI is fair game and has done some pretty boneheaded moves in the past. I don't doubt Bo's (or GRIN's) intentions at all, but in the end game it's UBI who makes the final decisions.

I would think that an UBI rep would be well served to make a public statement regarding said patch.

I also agree with Tony. As for the official rep in the q&a session on the ghostrecon site Mathieu Girard stated that there will be an update/patch for deathmatch.

http://www.ghostrecon.com/uk/newspost.php?id=15387

I see your concerns Rug, it is just that we need a little faith that we all get the new GR that we were waiting for.

LOL...sorry...but you are talking to an original Doom player. Yes...I am THAT old.

Try Wolfenstein 3d... that was my 1st 3d shooter ... YES I AM THAT OLD! (31 as of today) LOL!

You forgot an option... or not purchasing the game and playing BF2 or some other crappy title even though GRAW not having all you want will kick it's butt ;):g_withgrin:

Edited by ROCOAFZ

[quote}

Im confused I coulda sworn that was included. Bo could you please verify this? g_withgrin.gif

:rofl:

lol messed up the quote, what a forum noob. [/quote}

So you don't feel alone :P

Edited by tonytwotoes

All I can say to this thread is, while you all are still complaining about the respawns and the LMS settings I will be having fun play GR:AW Let's let the dev team do their thing and we can do ours without flaming them.

They work awful hard to impress us, and I believe they will have accomplished this mission come May 3rd. The patch will be following adding some of the TvT stuff we all want.

Until then, I will be hardcore at finding a way for us to compete with the available options. I bet ladder sites such as GWA will find a way to incorporate the dom mode into a comptetitive venture.

How did this screenshot end up on this page??

http://www.ghostrecon.com/uk/newspost.php?id=15387

Bo himself said that there have never been any Diamonds in MP and that someone must have superimposed them on that screenshot, yet it's now been added to the offical screenshots section.

Something really screwy is going on here. It's like GR:AW and the entire community surrounding it just slipped into an episode of the twilight zone.