GR:AW PC Goes GOLD!

GR1

Born:

November 13 2001

R.I.P

May 3 2006

:bye:

No, our beloved Ghost Recon will not die on May 3, 2006. We will simply be retiring our old friend. GR1 has gone above and beyond what any title has ever been called on to do. GR1 has put many new titles to a quick delete off the hard drive. How many 5 year old games can do that? GR1 will rest on my shelf of old beloved titles, never to be trashed and always to be treasured.

Ghost Recon 1, one tough act to follow :showoff:

silent_op

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too lazy to check the other pages to see if this was posted already.

GameSpot

PC Advanced Warfighter advances on factory

New edition of latest Ghost Recon game goes gold with original graphics engine, levels, PhysX card support.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon series is poised to return to the platform from which it came, as Ubisoft today announced that Advanced Warfighter for the PC has gone gold.

Though it bears the same name and general story as the Xbox 360 hit, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for the PC has a number of distinct differences. It was developed by Swedish studio GRIN, for one, and features its own graphics engine. It also sports all-new levels, a strictly first-person perspective, and support for Aegia's new PhysX processor. The PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions of GRAW were also substantially different from the heavily hyped Xbox 360 edition, and received substantially poorer reviews.

For a look at the new graphics engine in action, check out the latest official trailer for the PC version. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for the PC is rated T for Teen and will retail for $49.99.

By Brendan Sinclair

Posted Apr 18, 2006 4:34 pm PT

GameSpot

New edition of latest Ghost Recon game goes gold with original graphics engine, levels, PhysX card support.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon series is poised to return to the platform from which it came, as Ubisoft today announced that Advanced Warfighter for the PC has gone gold.

Though it bears the same name and general story as the Xbox 360 hit, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for the PC has a number of distinct differences. It was developed by Swedish studio GRIN, for one, and features its own graphics engine. It also sports all-new levels, a strictly first-person perspective, and support for Aegia's new PhysX processor. The PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions of GRAW were also substantially different from the heavily hyped Xbox 360 edition, and received substantially poorer reviews.

For a look at the new graphics engine in action, check out the latest official trailer for the PC version. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for the PC is rated T for Teen and will retail for $49.99.

By Brendan Sinclair

Stupid reviewer. He's making it sound like GRAW PC will also get a poor review because it's different from the xbox 360.

Well GRIN, congrats on going Gold. If the game is made anywhere near the high level of quality interaction that your company has had with this forum, then we are in for a treat!

One thing I really, really hope for is that if the game does turn out to be great, I may actually bump into one or two of you in a friendly mp game somewhere, and that would be cool. Of course, if I fluke and make the GR.Net team then I will only be bumping into your dead bodies.

So far, so good!

wow, i really am in amazement that it really is done, that it is really going to be released, that it will be on my machine in two weeks.

i'm speechless..... 5 years and that's all i can say- speechless.

me too bro... Except for YEAH BABY! :grin1:

GameSpot

By Brendan Sinclair

Stupid reviewer. He's making it sound like GRAW PC will also get a poor review because it's different from the xbox 360.

Well GRIN, congrats on going Gold. If the game is made anywhere near the high level of quality interaction that your company has had with this forum, then we are in for a treat!

One thing I really, really hope for is that if the game does turn out to be great, I may actually bump into one or two of you in a friendly mp game somewhere, and that would be cool. Of course, if I fluke and make the GR.Net team then I will only be bumping into your dead bodies.

So far, so good!

i didnt notice that....hopefully that guy will be fired :D

The May 3rd release date has me a bit worried. New releases usually aren't released on Wednesdays, they're always released on Tuesdays. It would kill me to have to wait until the following Tuesday, May 9th....... :(

Fresh

ebgames.com has it "releasing" the 2nd..meaning it wont in in stores till the 3rd. So technically itd be released on a tuesday.

until gamespot.com changes theirs from the 9th to the 3rd, im not expecting it to be released in only 2 weeks. Ill hope...

Well instead of Bo just making comments that clearly pointed to the gold status of GRAW we got official(its not up on ubi yet?) news of it going gold.

Congrats Grin. I hope after this release you will afford to give your smileys a few more goldteeth.

:g_cheers: :g_guns::g_withgrin::grin1::grin2::grin3:

Edited by Whistle

Congratulations GRIN :g_cheers: !

I am looking forward to playing GRAW like only a handful of games before it.

I hope that it will be a (worthy) huge success and that UBI will sell a million copies, which of course hopefully will make you - the developers - GRINNING all the way to the bank!

:g_withgrin:

Now. Me dont want to see another screenshot or video... Me wanna PLAY the demo!

;) Mike

now that its gold and alot of people have previewed it, is it okay for the grin members to give a bit of info on anything?

(ie: mp, demo, etc.. )

Exactly what I was thinking, They seem to be dishing copies out to all and sundry to review, the game has gone Gold and they seem to still be keeping BO and Co bound and gagged on a lot of issues.

Man... Bo must be gagging to answer stuff, it would kill me tbh :grin1: