Ghost + G36K?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I meant was, "Why is there an entire thread devoted to this weapon? We don't have one on the... AK74."

ur free to make 1.

beside a real rvs player needs a g36k!

Haha ya the G36K was my favorite weapon too, but the Famas was the most popular weapon in the non-cmag groups.

What I meant was, "Why is there an entire thread devoted to this weapon? We don't have one on the... AK74."

ur free to make 1.

Haha ya the G36K was my favorite weapon too, but the Famas was the most popular weapon in the non-cmag groups.

in us maybe

in europe all top players use g36k.

ur free to make 1.

in us maybe

in europe all top players use g36k.

Ya on TWL they restrict Cmags, so the majority used Famas(not me) and on CL where they had Cmags, most people used the G36k.

http://www.ghostrecon.com/ss/GRAW_PC_SP_231.jpg

Is that a ghost holding the g36k?  :)

Actualy I don't think so. I think its a freindly AI. Notice the diamond is on the ghosts blackhawk, but not the soldier in question.

he looks liek Gr1 ghost and aniamation is so GR1-like stand position :huh: huh?

Actually, it looks more like a friendly mexican trooper. Notice the difference in camo, gear and also the abscence of any body-armor like the stuff the ghosts have. I'd say he's an AI Mexican friendly.

As for the diamonds: as far as I can tell, all vehicles have a "lying" diamond while infantry have a "standing" diamond. That's what I've noticed in the vids and pics I've seen, anyway. Might just be a coincidence...

Edited by AW Shinobi

Who knows, it's US vs MEX in MP & the Mexican rebels do use it in SP...

G36K is the new AK-47 of the future?

Not at all, Spain uses the G36 and it may be possible that Spain is suplying mexican military with the G36. It's not uncommon to see Spain selling weapons to Spanish language countries.

or it is all about storyline :whistle:

"Mexicans rebels" are a rogue part of mexican army (meaning you'll be fighting mexicans soldiers with mexican gear), not some random marxist guerrilla whose weapons were bough on the black market.

I was wondering,

I've seen in a couple screens and also in a few videos that the g36k is indeed ingame

though you never see it in hands of a ghost (on the second official trailer, at 01:01, when the ghost is running across and then walking, it looks like he's holding g36k, but I'm not sure), perhaps Bo can comment if ghosts are able to use g36k?

I was able to capture some images from the HD video you are talking about. Around the 1.01 - 1.06 minutes you have two guns in the view:

This one seems to be the XM8:

G36K.png

And this one looks pretty good as an G36K.

g36k-2.png

See you guys on the battlefield when it comes to that, no matter which gun for me. I am sure GRIN only put in the best of the best and I will shoot perfectly with those :g_guns:

:g_withgrin:

Edited by Toniezz

I was wondering,

I've seen in a couple screens and also in a few videos that the g36k is indeed ingame

though you never see it in hands of a ghost (on the second official trailer, at 01:01, when the ghost is running across and then walking, it looks like he's holding g36k, but I'm not sure), perhaps Bo can comment if ghosts are able to use g36k?

I was able to capture some images from the HD video you are talking about. Around the 1.01 - 1.06 minutes you have two guns in the view:

This one seems to be the XM8:

G36K.png

And this one looks pretty good as an G36K.

g36k-2.png

See you guys on the battlefield when it comes to that, no matter which gun for me. I am sure GRIN only put in the best of the best and I will shoot perfectly with those :g_guns:

:g_withgrin:

Nicely captured screens man, by the way that second is indeed a G36k, you can tell that by looking at the folding buttstock.

Ok. First of all alittle guide to telling the different G36's apart. :whistle:

g36comparison.jpg

Mainly just look at the length of the front handgrip and how much of the barrel that sticks out.

@3rdMillhouse: I'd be impressed if you could tell by the screenie was a G36K instead of a G36C by just looking at the stock as they are virtually identical. Ok fair enough the G36E and G36K have a different stock than the G36C but the only difference between the 2 is that the G36C stock is 3 centimeters shorter than the E and K stock ;)

As for the G36K as an MP weapon. Just the fact that the opfor AI uses it doesn't in any way guarantee that a human player can. Most modern games uses different models for 1st person and 3rd person and I still haven't seen a single screen with the G36 in a 1st person view. So they could of gone they "easy" way and put time and effort into 1st person models of the ghosts weaponry and left opfor AI weapons as 3rd person only.

Ok. First of all alittle guide to telling the different G36's apart.  :whistle:

g36comparison.jpg

Mainly just look at the length of the front handgrip and how much of the barrel that sticks out.

@3rdMillhouse: I'd be impressed if you could tell by the screenie was a G36K instead of a G36C by just looking at the stock as they are virtually identical. Ok fair enough the G36E and G36K have a different stock than the G36C but the only difference between the 2 is that the G36C stock is 3 centimeters shorter than the E and K stock  ;)

As for the G36K as an MP weapon. Just the fact that the opfor AI uses it doesn't in any way guarantee that a human player can. Most modern games uses different models for 1st person and 3rd person and I still haven't seen a single screen with the G36 in a 1st person view. So they could of gone they "easy" way and put time and effort into 1st person models of the ghosts weaponry and left opfor AI weapons as 3rd person only.

hmmm

There's even a G36CV mate ;)

g36cv.jpg

Full closeup of my G36CV modeling reference :whistle:

And I've always been told the V signifies that it has a sightrail instead of the "standard" G36 optics, ofcource the optics package can ge swapped for a rail in a matter of minutes if needed.

Since HK produces some products some kilometers from here I'm a bit a fan of their

products ;)

That V is something new showed up on their website replacing the E. Maybe because they want to sell these variant versions in Germany (law enforcement) too and that E for export makes no longer sense.

It's sometimes a bit strange with their names like with the HK USP (P8, P12, ...).

The G36CV is not shown on their german site, maybe only export :rocky:

To the sights, the G36 has a 3 power optical sight and reflex sight 1 power (dual combat sight), the G36V has 3 power optical sight (optionally 1.5 power).