Will GRAW Run On My Machine

Colin

What do You Guys think about GeForce 7600 GT 256mb ? Mid-Rande or High-End class ? :hmm:

Midrange. (sorry, CT ;) )

I would consider the various 6800 cards and 7600GT midrange, the 256MB 7800 and 7900 cards high-end, and the 512MB 7800 and 7900 cards ultra-high-end.

What do You Guys think about GeForce 7600 GT 256mb ? Mid-Rande or High-End class ? :hmm:

I would consider the various 6800 cards and 7600GT midrange, the 256MB 7800 and 7900 cards high-end, and the 512MB 7800 and 7900 cards ultra-high-end.

But if 7600GT is a mid-range then what would You tell about radeon 9800pro, low end ? That doesnt leave any place for radeon 9600 pro which accornig to multi Q&A is enough to run server ( and as You know sever need card good enough to run game).

I have a 6600GT which is 'mid-range' on the list, but i assume this is for 'normal' lcd's. I have a 20" widescreen, would that still make the card mid-range or degrade is to low?

Also, a few time already i've read on this forum you would need sli to get proper widescreen. Is this true?

What would be the best choice of card, or cards with sli, for a 20" widescreen, if money wasn't the mean issue, but common sense was? 'High-end' would be good enough for me, so no 'mega-range'.

same reply to Xenosoft here at this link

if money is not an issue to you---and your not just bragging about it---get a Falcon-NW Talon line and max the upgrades.

if money is not an issue to you and you want to build, go balls out first on the video card, 7900GTX 512RAM---LET US KNOW where you got it :whistle:

2) MAX the CPU

3) MAX your PSU 500-600 SLI CERTIFIED---not SLI ready---CERTIFIED.

4) 2GB but make sure you still have 2 slots open on your mobo....just in case :shifty:

the rest are personal taste IMHO.

If money is not REALLY an issue, once these four have been met, the SLI question becomes apparent---if your REALLY REALLY REALLY going to buy a wide screen monitor REALLY REALLY going to play games that takes advantage of widescreen gaming---coz theres a handful of them that are not----and REALLY REALLY already have a deposit on a widescreen monitor----THEN go SLI.

If not, don't bother.

My 2 cents

something to think about too:

Cons: Price as always, but your buying the best, expect to pay out the nose. These card's are power hungry! My PC Power and Cooling 510 SLI Deluxe couldn't handle them. Very very very problematic drivers right now, making the card(s) useless for many.

Other Thoughts: Right now these o/c models are having tons of issues with freezing and lock-ups. At first everyone thought it was a batch of bad cards, but the RMA replacement cards eVGA sent out have the same issues. Nvidia contacted me today saying it was both a power and driver issue. Before you buy these cards make sure your psu is certified for them! PC Power and Cooling said it was fine for my system and it wasn't. Nvidia has an official list of psu's that work for SLI configs with this card. Just beware, I had to rma my 510 for a 1000w from pcp&c to run these cards. So if you buy this card, you'll be waiting for a newer nvidia driver to use them.

and the PSU mentions is not a joke too:

PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 510-SLI reviewed by Bjorn3d.com

PCPOWERCOOLING nVidia SLI CERTIFIED yes ppl ITS CERTIFIED...and that matter of paying your electricity bill too :whistle:

But if 7600GT is a mid-range then what would You tell about radeon 9800pro, low end ? That doesnt leave any place for radeon 9600 pro which accornig to multi Q&A is enough to run server ( and as You know sever need card good enough to run game).

:lol: opinions mate opinions i missed GT-word, maan i just realized 7600 not 7900

I have a 6600GT which is 'mid-range' on the list, but i assume this is for 'normal' lcd's. I have a 20" widescreen, would that still make the card mid-range or degrade is to low?

Also, a few time already i've read on this forum you would need sli to get proper widescreen. Is this true?

What would be the best choice of card, or cards with sli, for a 20" widescreen, if money wasn't the mean issue, but common sense was? 'High-end' would be good enough for me, so no 'mega-range'.

same reply to Xenosoft here at this link

if money is not an issue to you---and your not just bragging about it---get a Falcon-NW Talon line and max the upgrades.

if money is not an issue to you and you want to build, go balls out first on the video card, 7900GTX 512RAM---LET US KNOW where you got it :whistle:

2) MAX the CPU

3) MAX your PSU 500-600 SLI CERTIFIED---not SLI ready---CERTIFIED.

4) 2GB but make sure you still have 2 slots open on your mobo....just in case :shifty:

the rest are personal taste IMHO.

If money is not REALLY an issue, once these four have been met, the SLI question becomes apparent---if your REALLY REALLY REALLY going to buy a wide screen monitor REALLY REALLY going to play games that takes advantage of widescreen gaming---coz theres a handful of them that are not----and REALLY REALLY already have a deposit on a widescreen monitor----THEN go SLI.

If not, don't bother.

My 2 cents

Thanks for the reply. The thing is, i already have a widescreen 20".

What confuses me is the Bo supposedly said ' you need sli for widescreen' , but reading some of your links, sli seems to bring a lot of headaches and only works to

juice up 6600-6800 cards.

I assume a card like that 7900 can do (or is expected to do ) widescreen pretty good with mid-high range settings? I mean a single card without sli.

Oh well, probably best to wait a bit till first reports come in of people playing it on ws ;)

@Minister, from what I gather from ppls post (which really ###### me) having an awful experience with higher end resolutions. Maybe its a driver issue.

Then I don't know what is really going on because ppl are not taking the time to post their PC specs and what drivers are they using. :wall:

I'd wait around what solutions and what common card/driver is giving the best experience before you make a move for your monitor's size.

Me personally, I think I'm going to give up on SLI since its not making sense to do so on my 19" CRT.

• 4 weeks later...

It says that Laptop versions of the Video Cards on the System Requirements are not supported and may run. Does anyone have a laptop that runs this game fine, im pretty sure i will be able to but i want to confirm before i buy it!

Alienware Aurora m9700

AMD Turion 64 ML-44

Nvidia SLI w/ dual Geforce 7800 Go GTX cards

2GB RAm

Thanks for any info!