What do you guys think of the maps in GRAW 360?

BigOlBrain

I’m just curious. I have been reading some interesting topic over on the IGN boards. Most everyone likes the game but a lot of them seem to feel that the maps tend to lean in favor of action over any kind of stealth. They say that there are no maps that really offer any kind of good cover and one guy put it this way

“In GRAW, it's turned more into shooting fish in a barrel. If I see two or three enemies, they probably see me (crosscom/drone on or off). There aren't a lot of hiding places. The most interesting parts of the maps tend to be blocked off (the bridge and millhouse in that one rocky map, for example). You don't really need the cover, though, since a quick burst of fire from a rifle or LMG is enough to take out a group. It's less about positioning and more about bigger and faster firing weapons this time around”

I have to say though I do really enjoy the game, there is some truth to this statement and most people agreed with him. And I don’t think GRAW is any less realistic than any of the other GR games but it does seem as though you are forced to fight with these maps. In some ways it even reminds me of Counter Strike…in a GR way….I know that might sound strange but I don’t know how else to explain it.

I don’t know but I would like to hear what some of you guys think. Personally I would like to see some new maps similar to GR2’s. Some lush forest maps with lots of areas to take cover from.

What do you think?

I have been finding good cover on several of the maps and have used it to great effect to drop the RNG crowd. I have even set up, watched a teammate run by me full speed, get ten paces in front of my position and blam. He is dead. Then I wait two more seconds for the guys that shot him to come charging toward my postion (in cover) and I will drop two or three of them.

This works on some of the maps, not others. Or at least I have not figured out good spots yet.

I agree I would like to see more maps like Railway or Railway Valley, Ambush, Pilot Down, Fuel Depot, River Valley, Mountain Base, Dam, just to name a few. Railway Valley might be my all time favorite LMS map. I unfortunately never got into LMS on GR or GRIT, so I can't compare those maps.

As long as the maps have places I can turn nearly invisible, I will like them. Peninsula was widely considered a RNG map, but there were some great places to take cover and blend in on that map, so I like it quite a bit.

i agree that this is the case on nearly all of the maps....but its more of an issue with the size of the maps.Their size allows players to engage targets way too soon. Nowhere is a great map spoiled by that narrow uphill on the side because u always have to keep an eye on traffic there which if left unchecked can get the enemy right behind you if youre in the middle of the junkyard. Fishing village and old town are the two best maps as far as giving the player time to setup choke points and engagement areas... In the end all im saying is that the size of the maps is what really negates the ability to find good cover cause player are covering basically the same general area in their advances thus negating the good hiding spots.....hell the graveyard minitown area in treasury hardly ever host any fighting and thats the best part of the map.

I agree with that. Engagements do happen to quickly.

A good way to get fighting at the red spawn on Treasury is to play double siege. You can either play it normal, or if you get an agreement with everyone in the room, ignore the blue base and have red defend and play like it is single siege.

I agree- there is less available cover in some of the maps. I think there's a greater possiblity of a team finding those choke points or forming a strategy that relies a little more on the RNG factor and being successful.

Don't flame for the RNG viewpoint, it's just my observation.

One glaring exception to my arguement- Wharf. Team objective or team elimination on that map provides plenty of cover, most notable the part of the castle that overlooks a large portion of the wooden planks. One sniper and one guy watching the only entrance can eliminate almost all the opposition, while two other players complete the objectives. Great cover.

Edited by WVprankster

Imo the whole 360 MP is super arcadeish run&gun with too small maps.

Theres no real feeling of being in combat since everyones just running around shooting.

Give us WAY bigger maps and make the running slower.

I agree about the GR2 part.

GRAW just seems like CS with TPV to me which is one of the reasons ive not played it for a week or so