Teammates

So, the teammates should be both self-preserving and intellingent but what if they get shot? Will they be back in the next mission or will they be gone forever (as they should)? This kinda bothers me as it is highly unrealistic for them to respawn.

Ideas?

So, the teammates should be both self-preserving and intellingent but what if they get shot? Will they be back in the next mission or will they be gone forever (as they should)? This kinda bothers me as it is highly unrealistic for them to respawn.

Ideas?

i doubt they respawn. I heard coop online, when a person dies they respawn into one of the bots..once there are no more bots then people cant respawn. Hence, bots dont respawn.

i think he means singleplayer, but of course since the missions are so long, say a person gets to level 8/ out of 11, and all the bots die, he must restart campaign, that would ###### alot of people off...

i think it'd be hard to do what dukenuked implyed, unless there were like 20 other ghosts, but in all the ss's ive seen, only saw the names, kirkland, allen, and brown, (i think thats correct...)

just my 2 cents

i think singleplayer will have the same idea. Teamates/bots dont spawn, but you will be able to spawn as a remaining teamate. Then after every guy dies, then you restart the section of the campaign you're on. If all of your guys die, then your doing something wrong and have to think clearer..instead of spawning over and over until you manage to kill everyone.

Just my thought though..colin said theyre breaking the mold in FPS's so who knows what to expect.

Edited by GDD_Viper

Teamates/bots dont spawn, but you will be able to spawn as a remaining teamate.

So it's like in the Rainbow6s (except the latest) that player can die and then take control of a remaining teammate. That would be great. But if there are only like 5 ghosts and no reinforcements the rest of the game could be very hard to complete with fewer ghosts. :o= --> :ph34r:

***EDIT: I just noticed that in one video (http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/3265) at the beginning one ghost gets shot. You can see it in the cross-com and his name disappears from the list on the left!

Edited by DudeNuked

there are only 4 ghosts i have seen from every single screenshot/video released, i guarentee that even if one dies in a mission he will come back @ next level,

brown, kirkland, allen, and you, scott mitchell are the only noticable ghost members in the pc version. (that I can tell from screenshots/videos)

whats more realistic; a ghost dying then coming back next level, or a ghost dying then you resetting the level and playing again to keep him... pretty much same thing you just play the same level longer and in real life if som1 would die you wouldnt do the mission over again to get them back, lmfao

Edited by aCid

there are only 4 ghosts i have seen from every single screenshot/video released, i guarentee that even if one dies in a mission he will come back @ next level,

brown, kirkland, allen, and you, scott mitchell are the only noticable ghost members in the pc version. (that I can tell from screenshots/videos)

whats more realistic; a ghost dying then coming back next level, or a ghost dying then you resetting the level and playing again to keep him... pretty much same thing you just play the same level longer and in real life if som1 would die you wouldnt do the mission over again to get them back, lmfao

i think there is going to be a supply truck where you choose ghosts *truck contians over 20 or so persons. The reason for same name could be BETA game or DEMO game with only them.

So, the teammates should be both self-preserving and intellingent but what if they get shot? Will they be back in the next mission or will they be gone forever (as they should)?

This kinda bothers me as it is highly unrealistic for them to respawn.

Ideas?

SP. When you die mission is over.

When your AI is dead it carries on.

On the next mission youhave a full team again.

I look at this game as a game, if you wanted to play through the missions, and be realistic in replacments then you would get them in real life.

You would always have a full team, otherwise its not safe to carry out tasks.

If you looking for an FPS that is closer to real life this is not the game for you, and I doubt whether one will be made.

I think its like this:

There are 4 Ghosts (we know their names) and if one gets killed he is gone for the rest of the game, unless you decide to reload the game to the last savepoint and play again, this time with a better strategy.

Maybe on easy difficulty they get only "knocked out" and are not available for the rest of the current mission, but due to the rule "noone gets left behind" he is picked up and patched up and available for the next mission.

I doubt thats the case because it sounds silly so I still think that even on easy they are dead and stay dead but obviously easy has less dangerous AI and they can´t hit as good as on hard for instance.

Edit: Nevermind my post, I just read Colins post. I do find it odd that they have clones of the other 3 guys. :blink: No I´m kidding, its probably like I said, they are not really dead (like in SWAT4) and are just picked up after a mission is over and available for the next one.

Edited by agentkay

Teammates in SP being like GR1 definately makes you be more cautious. Definately adds to the realism and to the planning.. :)

BTW, haven't heard from the GRIN team today............I wonder what they're up to on the first day back from the bank holiday........ :shifty:

Fresh

Edited by Freshmixture