I played PC GR:AW at the I27 event for ages...

.SF Citizen Kained,Apr 17 2006, 04:52 PM]

.SF Citizen Kained,Apr 17 2006, 04:43 PM]

MP TvT as well...  :D   coop single the lot...

Ok you got to pay attention in MP then. The thing is the only set up is Ghosts vs Mex. So if you did not see any Mex, means you must have been a Mex but never saw your team. Playing Sniper are we?

Dude im trying to say what I personally thought, if I've upset you because I've given it some sort of criticism then I appologise, but no need to take the ######.

Nah I thought you were just playing Sniper thats all.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.SF Citizen Kained,Apr 17 2006, 04:50 PM]

To be honest there were 1000 people at the event and the GRAW stand was empty most of the time.  They had about 15 pcs on a lan for GRAW multiplayer and no-one was on it much.  We played Church and there was only 3 / 4 of us.  All we seemed to do was run around trying to find each other.

The map felt like it needed at least 20+ players.

Hey 1000 ppl just missed out on cool MP then

Very true, but hey I27/8/9 etc will always be full of narrowminded BF2 fanboys trying to earn cyber medals... :rofl:

We've found here that 3 vs 3 can work real well when you start to block supply lines and take zones form eachother. 20+ is real fun of course but then you need a team strategy or you will be toast.

Did anyone noticed that Bo is talking about MP :whistle::grin1:

We've found here that 3 vs 3 can work real well when you start to block supply lines and take zones form eachother. 20+ is real fun of course but then you need a team strategy or you will be toast.

yeah. now he thinks about it: Whoops.....and GIVES US A DEMO (Joke)

to bad we finnish people get it here until 19 May - 29 May :bye:

Edited by capteenix

Nah I'm just slipping :)

TONY: netcode is good. you can set your upload speeds and such aswell.

I see what you mean about the crappy orange look, might be the monitor?

OR "drumroll" the light. You guys need to get away from the old static light. If the sun is orange the HDR will make stuff orange - if it is bleak yellow/white it will make stuff pale. The Church map is very orange and so is two other CO-OP / SP missions. Others not.

Each mission and MP level got different settings. Forget about coloring the texture much - when modding think of how the material will react with the sun setting it is used in. IF you put a guy in direct sun light - he will shine. If he is in a shadow he will be colored say bluish from the radiosity bounce.

Mexicans are green/black with vests in MP - and their kit don't reflect light as much as the Ghosts.

There is actually a MP Mex in one of the videos from the UK event.

Cool you liked the game! I'll see you on the net.

Yeah sounds good but IMO it makes the game look bad and unrealistic. I'm hoping I can turn all that crap off and just have normal colors and hue's right?

OR "drumroll" the light. You guys need to get away from the old static light. If the sun is orange the HDR will make stuff orange - if it is bleak yellow/white it will make stuff pale. The Church map is very orange and so is two other CO-OP / SP missions. Others not.

Each mission and MP level got different settings. Forget about coloring the texture much - when modding think of how the material will react with the sun setting it is used in. IF you put a guy in direct sun light - he will shine. If he is in a shadow he will be colored say bluish from the radiosity bounce.

Mexicans are green/black with vests in MP - and their kit don't reflect light as much as the Ghosts.

Yeah sounds good but IMO it makes the game look bad and unrealistic. I'm hoping I can turn all that crap off and just have normal colors and hue's right?

You mean like a PS2?

Guys, it's gunna be worth the wait, at last we can play a proper game and get away from medic bag spamming etc etc.

I REALLY enjoyed the GRAW experience I had and hassled the tech guy for server info so much he got the ######.

There's a good write up on it all at our webby FPSFORCES.co.uk

Although there werent many ppl on the multiplayer lan I could see it's going to be excellent. Not so much of the gun-ho style in BF2 where you run into a situation knowing you'll die.. "but heyho, thats a few more points towards my next rank / badge"... Its more tactical and sneaky.... just like the old R6!!!!!

hooraahhhh :rocky:

http://www.fpsforces.co.uk/images/g20.jpg

Finally we can see the real pings :)

On this screen you can see you played as "mex" btw :D

http://www.fpsforces.co.uk/images/g21.jpg

That messagething in the top, does it stay there whole game? maybe something more transparant?

Can't wait to play it : )

Those pings were on a lan though??

Yeah I couldnt change the MEx thing to my usual CK :D

You mean like a PS2?

No, like in real life where poeple are not turning a bright orange. HDR sucks... So can I turn it off?