I played PC GR:AW at the I27 event for ages...

.SF Citizen Kained,Apr 17 2006, 12:55 PM]I used a lower spec machine and tried messing with the res from min to max.  It looks terrible on all setting set to minimum.  UNlike BF2 which still looks ok-ish on minimum, graw look bad and dare I say not too playable.

What was configuration of your "low spec machine" ?

lol, i knew you'd ask, im not sure...

It was difficult to mess about because all they wanted you to do was play the game and all i wanted to do was take dodgy pics and get info for the GRAW community.

The guy there said that some of the machines were low spec so ppl could see the difference. Sorry but I cant help there more.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.SF Citizen Kained,Apr 17 2006, 12:57 PM]

On the gametype you played, can you pick a point to respawn at, or do you always respawn at the base?

I'm not sure, I THINK that depending on what squad you selected at the start, that depended what sector of the map you started in. Sorry I cant be more specific.

Looking at one of the screens you captured, it looks like you can spawn at base, or on your squad leader, for a cost of 500 tactical points.

.SF Citizen Kained,Apr 17 2006, 12:55 PM]I used a lower spec machine and tried messing with the res from min to max.  It looks terrible on all setting set to minimum.  UNlike BF2 which still looks ok-ish on minimum, graw look bad and dare I say not too playable.

What was configuration of your "low spec machine" ?

Mine personally is:

Windows XP

P4 2.0gb 400fsb

128mb Nvidia 6600

768mb memory (gonna "have to" upgrade to 1.5 gb)

19" widescreen (1440x900) LCD monitor

Cheers!

Fresh

.SF Citizen Kained,Apr 17 2006, 01:14 PM]

I've got a vid of ingame action I'll up asap which may show more.  It was take on a cheep digi camera so it aint great, but hey its better than nothing eh?  :P

Nahh... if its low quality we dont want to see it :whistle:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edited by Joseph_Q

Are there heli insertions in MP ? Or part of the screens are from SP ?

No thats from the start of a coop game, you watch a short vid of a woman telling you what the tactics etc are [top right] then you get told to jump out the heli. Press x and you slide down the rope, black hawk down movie-stylee...

THen you're in the action and round the corner people wanna kill you.. :D

[FPS].SF Citizen Kained, thanks for the recon photos :D

- What was the map in the top right corner?

- Was it something that could be turned off?

- Was that something for just that particular mode of MP?

I'm asking because it looks like a BF2 arcadey element.

silent_op

What are differences between two opposite teams ? Do they have different uniform ( or only uniform color) ? weapon selection ?

I saw on one screen that there was US vs Mex. Do Mex realy look like Mex ? :)

Edited by Joseph_Q

[FPS].SF Citizen Kained, thanks for the recon photos  :D

- What was the map in the top right corner?

- Was it something that could be turned off?

- Was that something for just that particular mode of MP?

I'm asking because it looks like a BF2 arcadey element.

silent_op

That map showed you what section of the map you and your buddies were in. If you're in sector E then that square flashes slowly. It also has a tiny arrow showing you your exact location and direction pointed.

I dont know if it can be turned off. I couldnt set up a multiplayer internet server so no idea. Only lan server and NO i dint see somewhere to turn it off.

I dont know if it was just for that MP mode. IT WASNT showing enemies.

siege siege!!! For da luv of gawd does it have SIEGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! 

:wall:  :wall:

Dunno? SORRY!

Any sort of character customization in MP?

NONE on this version.

What are differences between two opposite teams ? Do they have different uniform ( or only uniform color) ? weapon selection ?

To me everyone look very orange, very disappointed witht he skins.  In one of the pice you'll see a dude sitting in a chopper.  Thats what they all looked like.  Not sure about weapon selection.

I saw on one screen that there was US vs Mex. Do Mex realy look like Mex ? :)

Dont know.

Do we have to use gamespy in priaate lan-events?

No, the gamespy account was ONLY for internet games, lan games can be served by the actual game itself.

First of all thanks for taking time to answering our questions :thumbsup:

Ingame footage recording of GRAW from I27 by [FPS].SF Citizen Kained located here.

1. How do you gain "tactical points"? Zone capturing, kills?

2. Can you comment on the different uniforms from US & MEX? Hard to see differance?

Ingame footage recording of GRAW from I27 by [FPS].SF Citizen Kained located here.

2. Can you comment on the different uniforms from US & MEX? Hard to see differance?

Crappy quality...dont see a crap

Oh and BTW...yay! MP...rolf

EDIT: I would to ask you too , one thing i bother: Is There a Tactical Map

In MP?

Edited by capteenix

Crappy quality...dont see a crap

Oh and BTW...yay! MP...rolf

EDIT: I would to ask you too , one thing i bother: Is There a Tactical Map

In MP?

Yes it is all crap quality, the vid was on a cheap camera. Considering I was NOT supposed to take any pics its all not bad huh??!!

I dont know about tactical maps, I could only sample Church in domination mode.

Edited by [FPS].SF Citizen Kained

Besides technical specs, please feel free to share stories (funny, or just cool) about how you pwned or got pwned. I always love to read those, and write them.

Also, http://www.special-warfare.net/data_base/2..._carbine_06.jpg for a picture of an M4 SOPMOD. (I'm assuming that's what you were talking about)

M4 - the chances are yes but again, im not big on guns. To be honest if you want stories all I can say is i27 was FULL of BF2 geeks and most of the time the GRAW pc's were empty. I'm an original Rogue Spear fanboy so I was really interested in this title. It plays really well and I really enjoyed it. 1 thing that people will moan about is the screen has a wobble to simulate walking / running which is a bit hard to get used to. Its nothing like BF2, which imho is a very good thing. A more detailed writeup on our website mate.

I'm not sure, I noticed there was some sort of MUST whereby you had to stick to your team buddies or you lost points...

Im afraid to say everyone looked very samey and very orange.. im hoping this is fixed.

Ok, 2 simple and quick questions.

1. Were youa hard Core GR1 fan?

Yes ish... I was a Rainbow six fanboy / rougue spearer!

2. If yes, is this the game we have been waiting for? (Im almsot certain it is, but alittle assurance wont hurt.)

Dude, if you liked R6 / RS / GR1 then this is the title. ;)

Also thank you for the time you have taken to answer all the questions. Its nice to get any new info we can.

No problem!