I played PC GR:AW at the I27 event for ages...

Hi Ghost Recon.net community,

I just attended the I27 event in the UK where GRAW for the PC was demo'ed. I played it for ages, took a load of sneaky screenshots etc.

I hope I can answer any questions you may have.

All pics can be found on our [FPS] clansite here.

Any questions, just fire away and I'll try to answer them.

You'll notice there's a couple of i27 GRAW threads in our forum which will probably answer alot of questions you may still have.

Hope this is of some help guys and girls, youre gunna love it! :)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great !! Thx Mate !!

1. What type of MP game did you played on lan ? ( how was it ? :) )

2. How does smoke greanades work in game ? how long smoke lasts ? how big area does cover ?

3. Are there any extra weapons in MP ?

4. Can You call for air support in MP ?

5. Is it realy one bullet one kill ?

.SF Citizen Kained,Apr 17 2006, 12:01 PM]

Hi Ghost Recon.net community,

I just attended the I27 event in the UK where GRAW for the PC was demo'ed.  I played it for ages, took a load of sneaky screenshots etc.

I hope I can answer any questions you may have.

All pics can be found on our [FPS] clansite here.

Any questions, just fire away and I'll try to answer them.

You'll notice there's a couple of i27 GRAW threads in our forum which will probably answer alot of questions you may still have.

Hope this is of some help guys and girls, youre gunna love it!  :)

Thx for the info! You gonna put the vid up later?

Link to the screens: http://www.fpsforces.co.uk/forum//showthread.php?t=405 (Took me some time to find them ;) )

huh!  :huh:

http://www.fpsforces.co.uk/images/g8.jpg Look! powered by Gamespy?! I didnt know Ubi games used gamespy  :wacko:

They normally don't, they've used their own lobby/server browser system in other ubi games. If you'd ever seen it you'd be thankful their using the gamespy browser... yes its that bad.

A couple of questions for you.

1.) Is the m4 in the game?? Multiplayer or singleplayer??

2.) On average (i know the gun where ur hit etc matters) how many hits does it take to kill someone in MP and SP.

Lets say u get shot with a 5.56 round in the chest - how many rounds does it take to kill?

Cheers guys, I'll get the vid footage of the multiplayer action asap, prob in a couple of hours.

1. What type of MP game did you played on lan ? ( how was it ? )

Domination, church map I think. It was very good, the maps are really complex, nothing like BF2. We're talking loads of alleys, rat runs etc. The players skins did look VERY samey and orange though.

2. How does smoke greanades work in game ? how long smoke lasts ? how big area does cover ?

They are denser and slightly larger than BF2 smoke. I dont remeber if they lasted for ages.

3. Are there any extra weapons in MP ?

1 sniper rifle

1 PKM style rifle

then there are about 5/6 variations of the other weapons. ie iron sights, front grip etc etc.

4. Can You call for air support in MP ?

I never found this. It was a beta version though.

5. Is it realy one bullet one kill ?

Pretty much, if its close range yes, if you shoot a crappy round at someone then you can wing them. There is pleanty of recoil on the weapons. If you hold down full auto fire you'll end up shooting upwards... :P

A couple of questions for you.

1.)  Is the m4 in the game?? Multiplayer or singleplayer??

2.) On average (i know the gun where ur hit etc matters) how many hits does it take to kill someone in MP and SP.

Lets say u get shot with a 5.56 round in the chest - how many rounds does it take to kill?

1. Dude im not big into gun names sorry I cant answer this, show me a pic of one and maybe I can answer.

2. MP and SP it doesnt take much at ALL. Close up 1 shot dead. If you dont 'sight up' you may hit them but not a straight kill.

Overall its much more realistic than BF2 and if you shot at someone they're dead unless you just scrape them with a bullet.

--The "fullscreen" tic under video settings, does this mean widescreen is prefered???

--The "auto detect" option under video settings, I wonder if this is for ALL video setting there? I like that option.

What do y'all think?

Fresh

Edited by Freshmixture

How felt the netcode of the game?

Was all running very smooth or is it warpy like for example you die and then your opponent came along the corner?

Did they set up a dedicated server with the full game or someone who played was the host?

Edited by BigSM

The "fullscreen" tic under video settings, does this mean widescreen is prefered??? What do y'all think?

Fresh

Thats probably to toggle running in a window/fullscreen. Theres another setting 'aspect ratio' which will be for setting widescreen mode, currently set to AUTO, so probably works it out based upon the resolution you pick no doubt.

How felt the netcode of the game?

Was all running very smooth or is it warpy like for example you die and then your opponent came along the corner?

Did they set up a dedicated server with the full game or someone who played was the host?

They had about 15 pcs running it all on lan, we just set up a server on one of the machines. With a ping of 1 there were not netcode problems! :)

The machine that runs the server can also be used to play the game.

The "fullscreen" tic under video settings, does this mean widescreen is prefered??? What do y'all think?

Fresh

Thats probably to toggle running in a window/fullscreen. Theres another setting 'aspect ratio' which will be for setting widescreen mode, currently set to AUTO, so probably works it out based upon the resolution you pick no doubt.

They had a couple of machine using widescreen tft's.

They had different pc's running it. The slower machines made the game look crap. The faster machines made the game look fantastic.

Does it appear to be a major resource hog?

I'm concerned about my PC running it right now.

Intel Xeon 3.2 GHZ, 1.5 GHZ ram, FireGL V3100 (used mostly for things like AUTO CAD but I have ran several demos on it and it ran fairly well…FEAR even almost ran decent on medium settings)

Interesting screens, TY!

What specs did the computers have that you played on? What resolution and level of detail did you have?

They had 4 UBER machines, watercooled crossfire all singing all dancing machines. 1 had everything bumped to the max, the game looked fantastic.

and a load of other differing spec machines.

I used a lower spec machine and tried messing with the res from min to max. It looks terrible on all setting set to minimum. UNlike BF2 which still looks ok-ish on minimum, graw look bad and dare I say not too playable.

Those with good seup's will enjoy the game. Especially the grenade effects and map physics.

NONE of the machines had the agia card in it.

Edited by [FPS].SF Citizen Kained

.SF Citizen Kained,Apr 17 2006, 12:55 PM]I used a lower spec machine and tried messing with the res from min to max.  It looks terrible on all setting set to minimum.  UNlike BF2 which still looks ok-ish on minimum, graw look bad and dare I say not too playable.

What was configuration of your "low spec machine" ?

How does the scoring work, you get points for getting captures etc?

How does weapon selection work, can you pick from all the weapons at start, or do you get access to other weapons as the game goes on?

At the start you choose what weapon type you want to use. THen ingame you hold down F and use mouse scroll to choose your secondary weapon / grenade / smoke etc.

When killing ppl, they drop their weapon, I tried pressing a load of buttons on the keyboard but couldnt pick up the dropped weapon. Maybe my bad or not able to??

I dont think there is weapon unlocks etc like BF2.

...again this was beta so it could change.