GRAW with motion tracking

You all just have to take a look at this.....

Half life 2 with the Track IR 4 pro.........

http://media.naturalpoint.com/games/hl2mod...demo-files.html

Imagine it in GRAW....

The head tracks exactly where you look whilst the mouse tracks the gun..

Come on tell me your not impressed GRIN..... This is the next step in body awareness....

With a device like this GRAW would become even more immersive...

Thoughts anyone.....

respect the GRIN :D

It would take some getting used to, but its definetly a good idea. It might be better implemented with some new kind of controller for the left hand, or maybe some sort of a trackball mounted on a mouse (though I do hate trackballs).

Edit: Or possibly one of those virtual reality helmets, though they need to up the resolution and such on those to make them any good for pc games.

Edited by insane snyper

I like the idea, but i don't like the way they have made it. I rather see glasses as screen then. Because now, when you turn your head left, ingame it goes left, but your monitor is still infront of you ;)

Yes thats what i thought when i seen it but you only have to turn your head a bit to make the view change a lot. Not only that but the sensitivity can be adjusted through all six degrees of movement.

You could for instance peek around a corner with your back to the wall.

Respect the GRIN :D

It would take some getting used to, but its definetly a good idea. It might be better implemented with some new kind of controller for the left hand, or maybe some sort of a trackball mounted on a mouse (though I do hate trackballs).

Edit: Or possibly one of those virtual reality helmets, though they need to up the resolution and such on those to make them any good for pc games.

The way i see it there is nothing more natural than turning your head to make the view turn after all that is what we use in real life.....

The Track IR device is actually quite nice. For the most part it's really good for driving and flight sims. I'm very curious about how Armed Assault will use it. It may not actaully be used for controling your solider. Armed Assault may use it for vehicles.

silent_op

Armed Assault when it is released will have the support for this device built in...

Cant be a bad thing....

Respect the GRIN  :D

yeah, FPs animations are pretty weak in Graw, and thats the only thing that disappoint me in this game, because i was so into first CG Graw trailer's movement :grin1:

Respect GRIN!

EDIT: oh i mean this footage: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=5872&type=mov

Edited by capteenix

Armed Assault when it is released will have the support for this device built in...

Cant be a bad thing....

Respect the GRIN  :D

yeah, FPs animations are pretty weak in Graw, and thats the only thing that disappoint me in this game, because i was so into first CG Graw trailer's movement :grin1:

Respect GRIN!

EDIT: oh i mean this footage: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=5872&type=mov

Maybe you should wait until you play it before becoming too dissapointed with the animation... :)

The Track IR device is actually quite nice. For the most part it's really good for driving and flight sims. I'm very curious about how Armed Assault will use it. It may not actaully be used for controling your solider. Armed Assault may use it for  vehicles.

silent_op

You could be right there, but it would be a waste to only use those 6 degrees of movement on an external view.....hardly immersive.... :)

Edited by GhostSniper

Would u use the mouse or keyboard to adjust the view? cause if u do then thats gonna be a bit to many buttons and stuff, i think i  can live without that :)

The sensor goes ontop of your monitor and points at your head. You then wear a special tracking cap with a small three prong arm attached to it. When you move your head the view changes accordingly, so for instance if you lean forward then tilt your head down say to look over a low fence then the view will do likewise. It is really very neat.

I really do hope GRIN sometime in the future could maybe intergrate it into GRAW. :)

Tracker ir, and dual monitor suport should be standard in any games by now :P.

I would love to have the comand map up and running in real time on my second monitor. Thats just icing really, but still its one of those things I wish all game devs would do already.

as long as it is in sp only and maybe mp co op but not in team v team cause from the sounds of it the people will ahve an advantage over people who dont and that ain fair esp wheny our playiong the game competively

its fair anyway you slice it. If a gamer has the option to buy equipment that he can utilize to improve his/her gameplay, its fair.... Its not unfair that in flight sims some use a dinky $10 flightstick while others use pro 100+button ultra real flight sticks. Its not unfair that some use a speed pad, its not unfair that some have a better connection than others,its not unfair that some have graphic card than can run the game better, and its not unfair if some use 2 monitors or tracker ir.

as long as it is in sp only and maybe mp co op but not in team v team cause from the sounds of it the people will ahve an advantage over people who dont and that ain fair esp wheny our playiong the game competively

its fair anyway you slice it. If a gamer has the option to buy equipment that he can utilize to improve his/her gameplay, its fair.... Its not unfair that in flight sims some use a dinky $10 flightstick while others use pro 100+button ultra real flight sticks. Its not unfair that some use a speed pad, its not unfair that some have a better connection than others,its not unfair that some have graphic card than can run the game better, and its not unfair if some use 2 monitors or tracker ir.

in a competive eviorment anytyhing that isnt standred for everyone is unfair. that is what im talking about. for fun games i woudlnt care but in a VOMPATIVE enviorment then yes you try and amke the playing fields as vena s ossable not where the person with the most $ will win no matter what. that is one of the things i loved about the org gr is that i was able to hol.d my own in the comptive legue iw as in without the best puter unlike a few other games ive tried to play competively

IMO it even fair in a competative environment. In the end all these gadget are, are tools(toys), not unfair advantages. Its the player behind the tool that can make it work or not. I can still use my dinky $20 to take down quite a few pilots in IL2, im betting more than a few had some MUCH better sticks.

I think its best left for the ones hosting the comptition to decide whats fair or not. Game dev should suport ALOT of options in a dedicated server to accomidate the many POVs and style of compitition.

So how about it BO. would you consider looking at this device for possible intergration into GRAW if not soon then in the future, maybe included as a patch in a expansion pack or something?

I mean you have obviously thought a lot about body awareness but i think this would improve environment awareness no end. I know armed assault will be coming out with intergration of this device. From what i heard it improves a persons ability to survive immensely in an hostile environment.

Congrats on popping the champagne by the way. You all certainly deserved it after listening to us on this forum constantly telling you what we would like to see in the game. :)

You all just have to take a look at this.....

Half life 2 with the Track IR 4 pro.........

http://media.naturalpoint.com/games/hl2mod...demo-files.html

Imagine it in GRAW....

The head tracks exactly where you look whilst the mouse tracks the gun..

Come on tell me your not impressed GRIN..... This is the next step in body awareness....

With a device like this GRAW would become even more immersive...

Thoughts anyone.....

What i really should of put is THOUGHTS GRIN?

respect the GRIN  :D

• 4 weeks later...

has anyone been able to setup your current trackir with GRAW for peek or stance change?

I don't know if the newer trackir software supports key emulation based on zones but I was thinking it would be cool if I could at least peek left/right or change stances up/down ect with trackir.

curious if its possible now without it being implemented.

Edited by bigworm