Air & Arty Support

We have two nice examples of Air ( F15) Support in 1up video. First think that i noticed after watching vid was superb sound effect of jet pasing by after bombardment i love it !

Second thing that i noticed was that during first bombardment we are about 10-15 meters away from bomb site and it made me wonder.... was it recorded in god mode ? If not .... :whistle: ( I almost can see Bo reading this and thinkig "OMG this guy again ?! :wall: " ;) ) second thing i noticed was very short time between Call for air support and bomb impact, it is ~10 seconds in both cases. 10 sec is approximately time that guided bomb need to come down , but jet need some time to get over the targed and to settle bombrun . I undestand this is made this way to make gameplay faster ( and teenager friendly) etc but still, i think the time gap between call for support and bombardment should be at least 1 min ( it is to fast too but a bit realistic).

I wonder how other two ( Apache and Artillery) types of support works in the game ?

- Does Apache use Hellfires or only minigun ?

- Is time gap between call for support and arrival same for every type of support fire ?

- Can we call for supoort anytime during the mission ( when this support is available of course) or can we only call for support only on certain objects ( like vehicles ) ? For an example, Can we call for F15 to drop a bomb on position of 2-3 mexican soldiers which pined us down ?

Thx & Sorry :P

We have two nice examples of Air ( F15) Support in 1up video. First think that i noticed after watching vid was superb sound effect of jet pasing by after bombardment i love it !

Second thing that i noticed was that during first bombardment we are about 10-15 meters away from bomb site and it made me wonder.... was it recorded in god mode ? If not ....  :whistle:  ( I almost can see Bo reading this and thinkig "OMG this guy again ?!  :wall:  " ;) ) second thing i noticed was very short time between Call for air support and bomb impact, it is ~10 seconds in both cases. 10 sec is approximately time that guided bomb need to come down , but jet need some time to get over the targed and to settle bombrun . I undestand this is made this way to make gameplay faster ( and teenager friendly) etc but still, i think the time gap between call for support and bombardment should be at least 1 min ( it is to fast too but a bit realistic).

I wonder how other two ( Apache and Artillery) types of support works in the game ?

- Does Apache use Hellfires or only minigun ?

- Is time gap between call for support and arrival same for every type of support fire ?

- Can we call for support anytime during the mission ( when this support is available of course) or can we only call for support only on certain objects ( like vehicles ) ? For an example, Can we call for F15 to drop a bomb on position of 2-3 Mexican soldiers which pined us down ?

Thx & Sorry  :P

Good question Joseph_Q.

I have seen the hellfires in the vids so I know thats there. :thumbsup:

Since this is set in an ongoing mission I expect the attack time to be pretty small. :yes:

I would hope 3 mere Mexicans would be no match considering the are up against the U.S. Support fire ought to be limited to how much and how often it is used.

Since the game has not gone GOLD yet, I'm sure GRIN is fully aware of all the left over small details that need to be worked out. In this case it would be the air and artillery support. In every preview that has been posted here, the reviewers, always say something like "in this build version". This makes me feel very confident that GRIN is simply working through their list of fixes and adjustments.

I don't know what it's like to call for support. Maybe in urban close quarters fight, support is always very close by. I hope GRIN does adjust the time it takes the support to reach your designated target. I'm sure GRIN will do it as realistic as they can (keeping in mind their notion of balanced realism and fun).

One very important thing to remember is that modders/scriptors may be able to adjust the time it takes to contact support and the time it takes to have the support hit your designated target. Custom missions/mods as in GR1 probably will have as much realism as the modders/scriptors are allowed to apply to the GR:AW engine.

I would hope 3 mere Mexicans would be no match considering the are up against the U.S.  Support fire ought to be limited to how much and how often it is used.

This is a very interesting quote. Imagine what all those well armed rogue Mexican soldiers must be thinking...Can we call in air support on those 4 mere Americans?

silent_op

Isnt this game set in the near future? Then why do they have the F15 in there when the F15 is already today being replaced by the F/A-22?

DOH!!!

You're right. I hope GRIN can adjust this. I wonder why the UBI or RSE lead designer(s) didn't factor that in early in the GR:AW concept stages? When will the F22s be in full service?

silent_op

Isnt this game set in the near future? Then why do they have the F15 in there when the F15 is already today being replaced by the F/A-22?

DOH!!!

You're right. I hope GRIN can adjust this. I wonder why the UBI or RSE lead designer(s) didn't factor that in early in the GR:AW concept stages? When will the F22s be in full service?

silent_op

Good though on the f22.. i dont know when it will be in service though.

I don't think it will matter that much, just pretend its an F22 bombing instead of an F15. :D:whistle:

Isnt this game set in the near future? Then why do they have the F15 in there when the F15 is already today being replaced by the F/A-22? Not that it really matters....

It doesn't really matter as there could very well be F15's still being used in the next 10 years or more. They still use the B52's don't they. :shifty: Edited by KRP 56

Actually, The F22 is in the game and it is now operational. While I still see daily test flights (when I am home that is) of new F22s, the first squadron to receive them has.

fm.jpg

This pic shows the squadron commander of one of the 1st Tactical Fighter Wing's squadrons flying over Ft. Monore in Virgina. The 1st TFW also received the first F15s when they hit the line back in the 70's. My pops retired from the AF at Langley were the Wing is located.

Just a possibility... but perhaps there is a wait... but would they leave that wait time in on the SHORT demo video?? that would be boring sittign there for 2-4 minutes in the demo movie while the fligh tis in bound. For the sake of time. They would prolly cut the wait out of it.

Just my thoughts.

Just a possibility... but perhaps there is a wait... but would they leave that wait time in on the SHORT demo video??  that would be boring sittign there for 2-4 minutes in the demo movie while the fligh tis in bound.  For the sake of time.  They would prolly cut the wait out of it.

Just my thoughts.

Well i dout it. It would have showed if the wait was cut.

By 2013 the F-15E should still be in service. If I recall correctly the F-15A and C are the only models that will be phased out by the F-22 currently since most F-15Es are still relatively young airframes.

Also wouldnt doing a supersonic bombing run severely effect the descent of a bomb? or is it supposed to be a missile

I was wondering about this very thing, especially since with that one armored vehicle (was that a SAM? If so why isnt it firing?) it is right up against a building, so the bomb could only have come from an arc of somewhat less than 180 degrees, and unless the plane just happened to already be inbound on it from somewhere in that arc it would have to go way out and around, so it would take a good few minutes before the bomb hit at least.

But keep in mind, this game is supposed to be TACTICAL, not REALISTIC. Personally I am willing so sacrifice that little bit of realism for better gameplay.

And keep in mind too, small sacrifices should be made to broaden the appeal of GRAW, because its better for us if GRAW is a really popular game (expansion packs, continuation of the series, etc).

everyone who has Seen Black Hawk Down- movie understands, that Air-support, is in the sky during the battle and in the gorund during its support. I thing that iis why It does need 10 seconds to blow enemy target, and i also thing that you dont get these supports in the beginning, as they aren't there that time

everyone who has Seen Black Hawk Down- movie understands, that Air-support, is in the sky during the battle and in the gorund during its support. I thing that iis why It does need 10 seconds to blow enemy target, and i also thing that you dont get these supports in the beginning, as they aren't there that time

Are You joking again ? :rofl:

Since the game has not gone GOLD yet...

You sure about that?

Bo, please confirm this.  :ph34r:

Alot of us think there is some sort of hidden message in your post. Is this the case, or are we just hallucinating?  :unsure:

Nope I wont say a thing. You know what they say about silence.

Yes, they say that silence is...

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

But keep in mind, this game is supposed to be TACTICAL, not REALISTIC. Personally I am willing so sacrifice that little bit of realism for better gameplay.

And keep in mind too, small sacrifices should be made to broaden the appeal of GRAW, because its better for us if GRAW is a really popular game (expansion packs, continuation of the series, etc).

Good points, there does need to be a balance. I'm sure the demo clip may have been shortened to accomodate the wait time for the viewer as attica stated.

Since the game has not gone GOLD yet...

You sure about that?

Bo, please confirm this.  :ph34r:

Alot of us think there is some sort of hidden message in your post. Is this the case, or are we just hallucinating?  :unsure:

Nope I wont say a thing. You know what they say about silence.

Yes, they say that silence is...

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Awe shucks Logos...I was just looking for that post. ;)