Ghost Recon.net Forums

Hello Bo, here are some questions about the co-op mode.

-How will the missions in co-op mode be like? The same as in the single player or will you have some completely new ones?

-Will smoke be available in co-op mode?

-Can you call in air strikes in co-op mode to destroy armour or will you only have the “Zeus MPAR†rocket launcher available to do this job?

-Are drones available?

Please add some more questions if you guys think I have left some important things out, and please keep on topic (only co-op questions).

Another big point i would like to make is as far as i understand from the info is that there is no respawn at all. I think there should at least be the option of respawn in coop after all it was in the [Ghost Recon]. Maybe GRIN just wanted to work it differently....

Any thoughts on that.

Respec the GRIN :D

-How will the missions in co-op mode be like? The same as in the single player or will you have some completely new ones?

You will be able to play the single player campaign in co-op. I haven't seen any info about new missions, but that would be nice.

My understanding is that Bo will be able to answer many of these question related to coop and all of MP "any day now." At the moment, I think we are expecting MP COOP to be limited to playing the SP missions with up to 4 players in coop.

I do not recall seeing any information about smoke or support in MP yet. Did I miss something?

With Alpha Squad's SR2005 wrapping up tomorrow, we are optimistic that Grin is indeed preparing to deliver a COOP experience that will support the next generation of Stealth Recon events.

My understanding is that Bo will be able to answer many of these question related to coop and all of MP "any day now."  At the moment, I think we are expecting MP COOP to be limited to playing the SP missions with up to 4 players in coop.

FOUR? Only four? Please tell me this is a bad joke. :please:

My understanding is that Bo will be able to answer many of these question related to coop and all of MP "any day now."  At the moment, I think we are expecting MP COOP to be limited to playing the SP missions with up to 4 players in coop.

FOUR? Only four? Please tell me this is a bad joke. :please:

for COOP four has been stated,

for the other MP modes, 32 players has been stated

FOUR?  Only four?  Please tell me this is a bad joke. :please:

Yes this is a bad joke that will be true for default co-op settings. When you get a chance take a look at the >>Ghost Recon.net Staff see Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter<< report.

This part in particular is what you should focus on:

Bo assured us that a minor feat of modder magic will open up the number of slots available! Bo suggested that 8 was probably a safe maximum number but trial and error will tell us what our systems can handle.

As soon as Bo can speak more freely about co-op, I'm sure he will elaborate on this point he made during the GR.net staff GR:AW hands-on preview.

As for smoke in MP and MP CO-OP, I’m sure it will be available. The i27 LAN party footage showed someone using a smoke grenade (it was in some sort of MP adversarial mode).

i27 LAN Party GR:AW footage:

http://i-live.multiplay.co.uk/download.php?id=60

silent_op

Coop is FOUR mate, MP, where the real men will be found (& women), has 32!

Well Mr. real man or woman, if the engine can handle 32 players, what makes you think the CO-OP mode can't be modded up to 32 or something very close? The GR1 engine was meant for 9 player CO-OP, but it was modded up to 27 player CO-OP. Maybe when Alpha Squad hosts their new Stealth Recon 2006 Tournament (CO-OP), we'll see you (your team) there mopping up the tango AI?

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

Also, I read somewhere on the respawn thing that you will be able to "respawn" by jumping into an AI character if one is available in co-op mode. If all the slots are taken by humans, or alll the AI characters are dead, then you won't be able to respawn.