i27 LAN event - Video Interview with Ubisoft

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Friend played it at i27... for those interested, heres his thoughts

"ghost recon advanced warrior is a tad slow.. but runs really well on multiplayer.. the options for tactics and team play is unbelievable...a few bugs that ive seen.. but the damage works really well.. a few of the guns are gay but some really nice ones

I think with the right maps and mods it will be insane"

He mentioned bugs with the sliding system and that mexico is like half the size of a small bf 2 map - also "100's of buttons" which really annoying him... obviously not 100s but think he meant there was so many you couldnt reach them all with 1 hand in the same place...

Its meant to be slow, I believe. =)

Would probably get used to all the buttons after couple days of playing it, glad to hear maps aint giant in MP :)

yeah but too slow apparently - he mentioned the word "campy"

LOL...is he an R6/GR player? Or is he a console player for the most part?

"ghost recon advanced warrior is a tad slow.. but runs really well on multiplayer.. the options for tactics and team play is unbelievable...a few bugs that ive seen.. but the damage works really well.. a few of the guns are gay but some really nice ones

He mentioned bugs with the sliding system and that mexico is like half the size of a small bf 2 map - also "100's of buttons" which really annoying him... obviously not 100s but think he meant there was so many you couldnt reach them all with 1 hand in the same place...

Would probably get used to all the buttons after couple days of playing it, glad to hear maps aint giant in MP :)

R6... Q4/UT - Amusing that u dismiss his judgement considering you havnt played it?!

R6... Q4/UT - Amusing that u dismiss his judgement considering you havnt played it?!

ig, did he happen to mention what mode they played? I just wonder if theres normal TS with no respawns, like rvs =D

ig, did he happen to mention what mode they played? I just wonder if theres normal TS with no respawns, like rvs =D

Nah, didnt speak long he had to go away to play a match... said he would go back on later...

I dont know if he was dismissing his judgement, i think it was more of a feel for what kinda games your friend played. And By seeing you said Q4/UT, we can kinda get an ideal of why he thinks it is a bit slow. If he was a big GR fan, then we might listen alittle harder.

That would be like me doing a review of Dance Dance Revolution and telling people the button config is horrible and complicated. Then telling them I know because I played Parrapa the Rapper for the Playstation.

I thought it was hilarious to see Razz hinting at the chances of modders increasing the 4 player cap on coop. Nice to see he has his finger on the pulse as to fans moans and groans, and isn't scared to mention modding at this pre-release stage.

I thought it was hilarious to see Razz hinting at the chances of modders increasing the 4 player cap on coop. Nice to see he has his finger on the pulse as to fans moans and groans, and isn't scared to mention modding at this pre-release stage.

Yer good point but a couple of weeks behind the times though, normal I guess.

:unsure: Apologies if this was already asked...I didn't have the time (ok..desire...) to read the whole thread.

The footage looked incredible...absolutely mindblowing. Does anyone know the specs of the computers that GR:AW was being played on at this event? I'm particularly looking for CPU, Vid Card, and Memory...

---

:unsure:  Apologies if this was already asked...I didn't have the time (ok..desire...) to read the whole thread.

The footage looked incredible...absolutely mindblowing.  Does anyone know the specs of the computers that GR:AW was being played on at this event?  I'm particularly looking for CPU, Vid Card, and Memory...

---

UbiRazz

UK Community Manager

Posted Thu April 13 2006 14:46

Well I'm actually getting really excited about this! i-series is usually a really good laugh and I'm staying for a couple of days so we should be able to have some multiplayer fun on some spinkee powerful PC's. Some of the PC's we're going to be using are worth £10,000 Wink

See you all tomorrow! I'm aiming for arrival at 11am then set up and kick things off in the afternoon until Sunday.

Yepp ppl this is MP footage.

I'm SO happy it is getting out there and SOON I can start talkin on the COOP and DOMINATION mode

YEAH!

How soon is soon? :D

I am one of the many here who are in particular interested in all aspects of the CO-OP modes. Speak as freely as you can about the modding CO-OP numbers up to a good 16 or higher.

silent_op

:unsure:  Apologies if this was already asked...I didn't have the time (ok..desire...) to read the whole thread.

The footage looked incredible...absolutely mindblowing.  Does anyone know the specs of the computers that GR:AW was being played on at this event?  I'm particularly looking for CPU, Vid Card, and Memory...

---

Well I'm actually getting really excited about this! i-series is usually a really good laugh and I'm staying for a couple of days so we should be able to have some multiplayer fun on some spinkee powerful PC's. Some of the PC's we're going to be using are worth £10,000

I would guess the ones that were displayed on the video are the most powerful ones there.

*Edit* BigSM beat me to it. :)

Edited by VeLocityChaos

£10,000? :o

Wow...

Ok, I obviously can't try and compare my specs to machines such as those...

Like everyone, I'm just trying to get my machine beefed up a touch so that I don't have any problems running GR:AW...

I'll peruse the computer threads where the talk of current AGP vid cards is ongoing...

:thumbsup: Thanks for the quick answers folks!

Edited by en4rcment

To sum it up in one word after watching the two latest vid releases:

wow!

I love the ragdoll effets, and when the guy died by his own nade I liked the camera angle when his head hit the ground. The smoke didn't seem to spread out far like a real smoker would, but the player ran into it too quick for me to tell if it spread any more than it showed.

impressive

Warmaster

£10,000?  :o

Wow...

Ok, I obviously can't try and compare my specs to machines such as those...

Like everyone, I'm just trying to get my machine beefed up a touch so that I don't have any problems running GR:AW...

I'll peruse the computer threads where the talk of current AGP vid cards is ongoing...

:thumbsup: Thanks for the quick answers folks!

I'm betting the machines were the new Dell Quad SLI rigs. Not sure about £10,000, but they sell for $10,000 in the states.

EDIT: http://www.dell.com/html/us/products/renegade/renegade.html

Edited by brutoid

To sum it up in one word after watching the two latest vid releases:

wow!

I love the ragdoll effets, and when the guy died by his own nade I liked the camera angle when his head hit the ground. The smoke didn't seem to spread out far like a real smoker would, but the player ran into it too quick for me to tell if it spread any more than it showed.

impressive

Warmaster

it did just begin to spread over, so smoke wall was small, if player owuld stay longer, then if it is done ,as i think you would saw it there...