Suggestions for GR4...

Deepblue

1. Look at GRAW for the PC, repeat features on the Xbox 360 (open HUGE maps like the PC version, tac map, better squad control, full weapon mods, better AI and physics, etc.)

2. At least some breaching action.

Oh wow, that covered all my needs.

Don't kiddify the console version please.

That is all.

Edited by Deepblue

1. Look at GRAW for the PC, repeat features on the Xbox 360 (open HUGE maps like the PC version, tac map, better squad control, full weapon mods, better AI and physics, etc.)

2. At least some breaching action.

Oh wow, that covered all my needs.

Don't kiddify the console version please.

That is all.

Indoor capabilities. The maps in GR1 only had like two or three buldings throughtout the missions but they were accessible. Nothing better than sneaking through the halways not knowing whats through the next door. Third person view would make this hard to do but what if every time you went into a building it switched to first person weapon view or first person original. Would add alot of good gameplay. Bigger maps and more weapons. xm8

Serellan do you know why the xm8 was cancelled ni real life

Edited by ghost627

Serellan do you know why the xm8 was cancelled ni real life

While you're waiting on the rooster, let me offer my own thoughts and speculation:

Tons of reasons, just like any other military development project gets axed. :)

- OK, so there's your standard DoD politicking (not to mention HEAVY lobying from Colt)

- Budget crunching, + increased spending on Iraq and soldier pay/recruitment/benefits.

- lobying / politicking from other potential arms providers who complained that the XM8 got unfair consideration (it was spun off the OICW programme, instead of entered into a general call/competition for a new service rifle).

- It was a child of a canceled development project (OICW), that was over budget and overweight.

- It had it's own weight issues. Through several revisions, they still couldn't get it down to the target empty weight (though they got closer)

- It had several other prototype issues (some of which were solved later) such as short batery life for the optical site.

- (mostly total guess), bad project management in general, lack of clear design requirements and general logistical anxiety about replacing existing weaponry.

---

I'll also throw in for consideration:

- It did not accept the standard M16 magazine, which the DoD seems to be a BIG stickler for. This probably added to the logistical nightmare association too.

- As a "family of arms" the picture wasn't complete. the LMG/SAW variant did not have a belt feed capability (another big DoD stickler), or the ability to change the barrel very quickly, as you do with the m249.

ahhh ok

5$ says nobody knew that I figured out one day on the old town level . I peaked over the railing just to see a little bit mor. Its a cool nice little feature.

Serellan or Pseluka do you know exactly why the xm8 was cancelled and why do yall always come on the forums in twos . Gotta have someone watch your back, I understand.

The XM8 was cancelled because it was a piece of crap. We took one look at it and decided we didn't want anything to do with it. The lack of rail placements alone was enought to kill the weapon but above that it's fore structure was ungainly.

;)

ahhh ok

5$ says nobody knew that I figured out one day on the old town level . I peaked over the railing just to see a little bit mor. Its a cool nice little feature.

Serellan or Pseluka do you know exactly why the xm8 was cancelled and why do yall always come on the forums in twos . Gotta have someone watch your back, I understand.

The XM8 was cancelled because it was a piece of crap. We took one look at it and decided we didn't want anything to do with it. The lack of rail placements alone was enought to kill the weapon but above that it's fore structure was ungainly.

;)

What the hell. Your siding with him. Remember the xm8 , remember...

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=32967