New Ageia GR:AW footage

I think the material falls to slow to the ground after the explosion, almost like it is in slow motion. I personally don't think it is worth the money to buy a ppu for that, JMO.

Did you notice how fast those fragments disappear? They last about half a second before disappearing into thin air. I definitely wont be shelling out 300 bucks for a slow-motion explosion with half a sec of debris.

Edited by VeLocityChaos

The AGEIA explosion looks better indeed. Those two vids are better example than last track exposion vid because track exposion was to hollywood style. But i dont put AGEIA chip on top of my upgrade list. The regular explosion look very good too and im not going ( at the moment) to pay ~60$ for chip which will give me a few more deacals and smoke efect after exposions.

Anyone else getting terrible sound when playing the Graw vids on the ageia site? Must have recorded that stuff at 12khz or something.

Glad you said this cuz I thought my speakers were going.

Eye candy is great for coop but I wonder how this can affect you in multiplayer?

I think the material falls to slow to the ground after the explosion, almost like it is in slow motion. I personally don't think it is worth the money to buy a ppu for that, JMO.

The PPU gives the power to handle the particles. It's the game that decides how fast they fall.

Please keep in mind that the PhysX chip and boards are fairly new technology. The stand alone boards have barley been released. This is like the GEN 1 PhysX board. It SHOULD get better at tech advances just as video cards have greatly advanced even over the last 3 years. Rmember the old Rage Pro and Stealth cards??

I think we will see better chips and cards and programming in the near future. I, however will buy the PPU board when I need to give this game a boost for my entertainment pleasure.

yes pretty cool. Is that a vid card? whats the $ ..

That´s a Physics Processing Unit (PPU) card, dedicated completely to processing physics calculations trough the Physix Engine. That spares your main processor from calculating physics, dedicating itself (the main processor) entirely to the AI and the game.

PS: AGEIA card video had lots of slowdowns, ahahah self-owned (sorry I just couldn´t resist) :rofl:

PS2: What the F.... How come didn´t the soldier reload the underbarrel G.Launcher on the AGEIA card video? (right before he shot the second 40mm grenade at the garbage dumpster)

Edited by 3rdMillhouse

I think the effect looks really cool, nice immersion for folks into eye candy, but I agree with previous posters they really need to get some high resolution movies online, those tiny movies do not do the technology justice.

Please keep in mind that the PhysX chip and boards are fairly new technology.  The stand alone boards have barley been released.  This is like the GEN 1 PhysX board.  It SHOULD get better at tech advances just as video cards have greatly advanced even over the last 3 years.  Rmember the old Rage Pro and Stealth cards??

I think we will see better chips and cards and programming in the near future. I, however will buy the PPU board when I need to give this game a boost for my entertainment pleasure.

i dont buy first gen of anything. Price is too high as well as the bugs

Please keep in mind that the PhysX chip and boards are fairly new technology.  The stand alone boards have barley been released.  This is like the GEN 1 PhysX board.  It SHOULD get better at tech advances just as video cards have greatly advanced even over the last 3 years.  Rmember the old Rage Pro and Stealth cards??

again?! :blink:

again?! :blink:

double post, my bad

yes pretty cool. Is that a vid card? whats the $ ..

That´s a Physics Processing Unit (PPU) card, dedicated completely to processing physics calculations trough the Physix Engine. That spares your main processor from calculating physics, dedicating itself (the main processor) entirely to the AI and the game.

PS: AGEIA card video had lots of slowdowns, ahahah self-owned (sorry I just couldn´t resist) :rofl:

PS2: What the F.... How come didn´t the soldier reload the underbarrel G.Launcher on the AGEIA card video? (right before he shot the second 40mm grenade at the garbage dumpster)

PS: I think they used FRAPS - not good as it usually 1/2 the framerate.

PS2: God mode AND the movie is cut. Of course you have to reload between the grenades....please :)