Ghost Recon.net Forums

Tomb Raider Legend

So anyone else here besides Rocky and I pick up TRL? Fans of the original TR1 & 2 will not be disappointed.

I just bought TRL yesterday and finished the first 3 levels. The production values are excellent, and Eidos finally learned its lesson to not release it until it was ready. The story is much more tightly integrated with the game. Lara doesn't keep falling off ledges like in Angel of Darkness (if you get too close to the edge, Lara will grab onto it) Toby Gard and the team at Crystal Dynamics have made sure the movements are natural and fluid, and the controls intuitive.

It looks AMAZING on a higher end card (using a GeForce 6800GT with a 20" widescreen LCD at 60fps)

• 5 months later...

So anyone else here besides Rocky and I pick up TRL? Fans of the original TR1 & 2 will not be disappointed.

I just bought TRL yesterday and finished the first 3 levels. The production values are excellent, and Eidos finally learned its lesson to not release it until it was ready. The story is much more tightly integrated with the game. Lara doesn't keep falling off ledges like in Angel of Darkness (if you get too close to the edge, Lara will grab onto it) Toby Gard and the team at Crystal Dynamics have made sure the movements are natural and fluid, and the controls intuitive.

It looks AMAZING on a higher end card (using a GeForce 6800GT with a 20" widescreen LCD at 60fps)

sorry to dig up this old thread, but i got TRL for my birthday earlier this week and although i haven't had much time to play it, i love it. it looks great, can't really use the nextgen settings; gets a bit too choppy at times but it looks great without those settings and the gameplay is great, real fun for some of the quiet hours of the day.

Glad you got a chance to try it swartz. TRL is one of the few games I finished this year.

I personally prefer the game without the nextgen settings as although some of the lighting effects are better, Lara looks too plastic.

Some old school fans complained it was "too short" but I thought the length was fine. Less aimless running around like previous TR games.

Check out this Special Forces outfit you can unlock after finishing the game:

trlegend.jpg

that is a awesome outfit, but i have the feeling i still have a long way to go before i can dress Lara like that. iwould also have to agree with you on the length, so far it doesn't have the feeling it is too short. the storyline is nicely layered and of course the reward system tend to make me a bit more of a explorer instead of just rushing trough the levels.

I still haven't played the full version of this game, but I really enjoyed the demo. How's the full version compare to the demo, as far as difficulty, immersiveness, etc?

If you really enjoyed the demo, I think you'll likely enjoy the full game. I think a few of the further levels are at least as good or better than the demo level. There is also the game dynamic of trying to locate and collect all the secrets which is quite challenging, and a pretty decent story.

The PC version is less expensive than the console versions, and you should be able to get a 2nd hand copy these days at EB games for cheap.