IGN GRAW Hands-on!

Roger that Bo, thanks for quick reply.

I havent seen blood in any of the screenshots or videos, but wont you be able to turn gore on?

No gore - we had to stick to teen rating. The good thing with that is that you build a bigger MP crowd that can grow up with the game. Just as some of you did :)

Big teenagers crowd doesnt sonds good to me ..... :unsure:

The stronger the MP crowd the more support for the MP evolution in GRAW. The more sales the more we can push the brand in a tactical direction.

I started playing games as a teen and that got me into making GRAW - the benefit is much larger than the downside (you simply have to pick your battles on the net thats all)

Galaga and Pac-man? :whistle::lol:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent seen blood in any of the screenshots or videos, but wont you be able to turn gore on?

No gore - we had to stick to teen rating. The good thing with that is that you build a bigger MP crowd that can grow up with the game. Just as some of you did :)

I think this could take care by itself. Teens are used to run and gun which comes with the lack of patience due to age in most cases. The result will be a lot of teens getting killed trying to run and gun therefore having to change their game habits.

Yepp you said it best.

Now this is gonna give me THE nightmares. Imagine some 12 yr's old kids rushing arround the maps with a M249-Para thinking they're Johnny Rambo.

But this is Grin's call and so far they haven't let us down. I hope the realism of this game should be enough to drive them away.

Edited by 3rdMillhouse

I also think there are less teens out there that can afford the type of system needed to play this game when the 360 is only 400 + tax.

I'm putting together a pc with 3.0 ghz P4 and Ati 850xt and its came up to 800 dollars

Edited by Moezter

Now this is gonna give me THE nightmares. Imagine some 12 yr's old kids rushing arround the maps with a M249-Para thinking they're Johnny Rambo.

Lol I'm going to be cracking up. I'll probably kill them and then tell them... "BF2 that way young'n" :rofl:

I can see your point, but teenagers that are attracted to a tactical, teamwork based game are usually more mature than the average. Or they will just stick around for a month or two. Besides, about us GR members? Heheh we're good to go man :)

aint that the truth hehe. i was 16 when i girst got gr and im still here hehehe :whistle::whistle: :/me cant wait for the game to come out!

But this is Grin's call and so far they haven't let us down. I hope the realism of this game should be enough to drive them away.

...and getting headshot everytime, and whining us, bigger folks campers, not good :angry:

I can see your point, but teenagers that are attracted to a tactical, teamwork based game are usually more mature than the average. Or they will just stick around for a month or two. Besides, about us GR members? Heheh we're good to go man  :)

I think this could take care by itself. Teens are used to run and gun which comes with the lack of patience due to age in most cases. The result will be a lot of teens getting killed trying to run and gun therefore having to change their game habits.

The stronger the MP crowd the more support for the MP evolution in GRAW. The more sales the more we can push the brand in a tactical direction.

I started playing games as a teen and that got me into making GRAW - the benefit is much larger than the downside (you simply have to pick your battles on the net thats all)

You're proly right Guys. Maybe i'm overacting. Just have to stick to ~10 favs server with mature Guys ;) If the gameplay realy prevent run'and'gun it will be ok.

PS. I'll have to wait for some decent gore patch, hopefuly anticheat will allow to have something like that ;)

Plenty of adults think they are rambo, so no matter what the rating is there will be people playing like that. GR1's mature rating didn't keep them away....

Not to mention, they have the right to own and play the game as much as anyone else in the world. My suggestion is play on servers with like minded people, problem solved.

...and getting headshot everytime, and whining us, bigger folks campers, not good :angry:

Yep, this reminds of the piece of thrash BF2 became and how dumb I was to waste my money on the game, now my hope rests on GRAW.

PS: surely there will be mods that will add blood and gore to the gameplay

Wasn't the blood level supposed to be close to GR1? I knew there wasn't gonna be a blood pool, but I was expecting bullet wounds.

Are we at least getting the usual impact blood spray? That should still fit in the Teen rating if I remember correctly from other games.

EDIT: By the way, I'm well aware that this is not GRIN's call (but rather Ubi's), so please don't take it as criticism.

Edited by SAF_Night Scope

Its a freaking war game, but no blood.

The gore level in GR was really good, I hoped that you atleast had kept that.

Stop telling GRIN they should have done this and that. They have their reasons, and my guess is, it's an order from the top. If no pools of blood is going to ruin it that much for you, then don't buy the game.

GR1 gore level was just p e r f e c t !! Never saw anything so realistic i another game.

Impacts are there. But no "GORE". As I said earlier no entrails spilling to the ground from shrapnel hits, no arms being blown off, no long agony screams or heads being torn off. No boiling, sizzling or blood pools spilling from dead bodies. I see no need for that.

Stop telling GRIN they should have done this and that. They have their reasons, and my guess is, it's an order from the top. If no pools of blood is going to ruin it that much for you, then don't buy the game.

Easy Mate :) None said that GRIN should do something, we just said whata we would like to see in GRAW. Everyone know that what we write now doesnt realy matter. I also think that most of us understan that GRIN did they best to give us what we were dreaming of for last few years :grin1:

--EDIT--

Bo, i know there are no blood pools but tell me are we going to have some marks/wounds on dead soldiers showing us where they were hit ?

Edited by Joseph_Q

GR1 gore level was just p e r f e c t !! Never saw anything so realistic i another game.

Impacts are there. But no "GORE". As I said earlier no entrails spilling to the ground from shrapnel hits, no arms being blown off, no long agony screams or heads being torn off. No boiling, sizzling or blood pools spilling from dead bodies. I see no need for that.

If you want to see this go to war. In a game I too would like to see a little gore. It doesn't matter how much . Just add a little blood. (This comment is for games in general not GR)

Easy Mate :) None said that GRIN should do something, we just said whata we would like to see in GRAW. Everyone know that what we write now doesnt realy matter. I also think that most of us understan that GRIN did they best to give us what we were dreaming of for last few years :grin1:

We´re already having nice ideas for the first mods, that will come after the game is out. Blood n´Guts would be a very funny name. :P

Its dumbing the game a inch.. together whit the 4 player co-op and health bar.

:nono:

Stop this right now!

I'm sorry, I just hate to see some of the good aspects of the [GR] go away.

I'm not saying the game is crap though, I think GRIN as before stated have done a great job so far, I just don't understand these 3 things.

Edited by REC0N