IGN GRAW Hands-on!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of those parachute insertion.

look at the medic packs hooked on the wall  :o

As NYR already showed you, those first aid kits are part of the bird. I can verify that fact as I have some time (flying from Korea to Okinawa) in one as a PAX. We had 2 in a Phrog for those just in case emerencies, one in the cockpit and one in the back. Just because they are there does not mean they are usable.

I also love the detail that GRIN provided in the Blackhawk scenes, but did leave out one important detail, gunners belts. Ya don't want your gunner falling out of the bird while yanking and banking. Notice the ammo cans between the gunners too.

Oh, it has not been said that there will not be a demo SZ. Do not start rumors where you do not have the correct information!

Uh, look again and listen... that ain't a normal pistol... is that a glock?

Yes, it's one of the Glock 18 models. Full-auto. It fires 9mm rounds at about 1200 rounds per minute.

As far as all the videos I've seen over the last week go, you know what? This looks like it will be the best fps ever. There, I said it.

With all the various discussions of "UBI ruined trust" and "I'm waiting for the game before I believe it" "they have to prove it to me" bla, bla, bla, I know that many will disagree, or say I'm being premature, or I'm a fanboy, or whatever, but:

From the videos I've seen thus far, and from the devs' discussions of the game and gameplay and why they made the decisions they made, I'm ready to say that (assuming we get a full set of mod tools) I believe the day is finally at hand when Ghost Recon 1 will be supplanted as the best video game ever made.

I may be premature. I may be wrong. I may be very, very disappointed a few weeks from now. But I don't believe that's going to happen. I don't see how the game I've seen short clips of over the last week is anything other than the best game I've seen to date. :yes:

Don't believe the hate.

I'm in love, I am starting to count the days. Good job GRIN, can't stop watching those vids. I don't want to flame anyone, but please lets just draw conclusions and give opinions after you play the full version. People are starting to make reviews of the game based on a 1 minute vid. So lets wait and see, but as always I am positive that this game will rock.

cars falling apart from a glock 18c is still beyond me, but its okay, ill enjoying taking em apart anyways

That surely will be fixed on future updates, but you have to agree that the wind-shield shattering from the gunfire was amazing.

I mean, well, it was your decision not to release a demo

Did I miss something, a post? No demo?

No No...there will be a demo...no date on that though.... <_<

Fresh

For a second I was very scared.

Edited by 3rdMillhouse

I like the movies...looks like it plays like the original GR (as far as I can tell from a movie)

Stalker: I know how you feel. Sit back, relax and take it as it comes.

Remember that the vets will stick, one-timers won't.

I mean, well, it was your decision not to release a demo so you won't have the luxury of doing any fine tuning based on player feedback.

:shifty:

???? Did we miss something ???? No Demo????

The most I have heard is that the demo will be SP and Co-op only. No MP...wich is sad in itself...but I think there will be a demo.

I love the impact of the bullets on walls (smoke, debris etc) and the sounds of a ricocheted bullet. Nice sound over all! I'd love to hear them at home where I can turn the volume up (not at work where I am now...)I think this game will be a winner! :grin1:

Hopefully the problem in mp GR1 with "tight left peeking" will be gone as it seems peeking will be what people are going to do a lot

I still would like to have seen more background sway of the palm tree leaves (see also the trailer with the helicopter insertion), The palm trees look a bit static to me, but it is excellent with the leaves falling off from the bullets.

About the damage model (Glock scene), yes might be a bit exagerated, but we'll have to play it and see how it feels...

Can't wait for this to finally happen :drool:

Uh, look again and listen... that ain't a normal pistol... is that a glock?

Yes, it's one of the Glock 18 models. Full-auto. It fires 9mm rounds at about 1200 rounds per minute.

As far as all the videos I've seen over the last week go, you know what? This looks like it will be the best fps ever. There, I said it.

With all the various discussions of "UBI ruined trust" and "I'm waiting for the game before I believe it" "they have to prove it to me" bla, bla, bla, I know that many will disagree, or say I'm being premature, or I'm a fanboy, or whatever, but:

From the videos I've seen thus far, and from the devs' discussions of the game and gameplay and why they made the decisions they made, I'm ready to say that (assuming we get a full set of mod tools) I believe the day is finally at hand when Ghost Recon 1 will be supplanted as the best video game ever made.

I may be premature. I may be wrong. I may be very, very disappointed a few weeks from now. But I don't believe that's going to happen. I don't see how the game I've seen short clips of over the last week is anything other than the best game I've seen to date. :yes:

Don't believe the hate.

The only thing I am worried about is Multi-Player. I can tell the Single-Player is just going to KICK ASS. That much is obvious...now we need more info on Multiplayer and to see some clips on that.

The game looks and sounds amazing, the AI look deadly. I love the environmental effects and the damage effects, I would rather have this than indestructible objects. The damage effects need to be somewhat exaggerated because in the real game, you will be seeing them mostly with peripheral vision, when you attention is centered on enemy AI.

I like the way the gun is handled while running and the way it returns to the ready position. I wil buy this game, any number of expansions and any sequel to it, this is the game I've been looking for since GR.

The only thing I am worried about is Multi-Player. I can tell the Single-Player is just going to KICK ASS. That much is obvious...now we need more info on Multiplayer and to see some clips on that.

I'm an MP player, as well, almost exclusively TvT. I believe from the video, from the way that the movement and weapons and aiming and peaking are handled, from the amount and varied types of cover available, that this will translate beautifully into MP TvT. Add in a full set of modding tools so the community can keep the game fresh, release dev created expansion packs periodically for the same reason, and this is the game I will be playing for years to come. :yes:

Yes, it looks ace.

However my only concern is how many bullets you can take before you die.

In the video where the guy is using that gun with the Eotech site on it right at the start he gets shot and his health monitor turns from green to a light orange.

This suggests to me it takes you atlest 2/3/4 shots to die. To be honest I think thats a bit worrying - I prefer one hit for you and your enemies.

I dont want to feel like a super soldier, just a normal one.

Yes, it looks ace.

In the video where the guy is using that gun with the Eotech site on it right at the start he gets shot and his health monitor turns from green to a light orange.

This suggests to me it takes you atlest 2/3/4 shots to die.  To be honest I think thats a bit worrying - I prefer one hit for you and your enemies.

The hits you take and damage done will depend on.

1. Weapon Cilibre

2. Where it hits you IE on the armour or not.

3. Distance from AI.

Colin

I'm an MP player, as well, almost exclusively TvT. I believe from the video, from the way that the movement and weapons and aiming and peaking are handled, from the amount and varied types of cover available, that this will translate beautifully into MP TvT. Add in a full set of modding tools so the community can keep the game fresh, release dev created expansion packs periodically for the same reason, and this is the game I will be playing for years to come. :yes:

I want nothing more than that...oh...and one other thing...but I can't post about it or this thread will get locked. :devil:

Yes, it looks ace.

This suggests to me it takes you atlest 2/3/4 shots to die.  To be honest I think thats a bit worrying - I prefer one hit for you and your enemies.

The hits you take and damage done will depend on.

1. Weapon Cilibre

2. Where it hits you IE on the armour or not.

3. Distance from AI.

Colin

Good answer.

For some odd reason i can't get those videos to play, the player keeps flickering.

Try this, in internet explorer go to Tools-->Options-->General Tab->Settings-->view objects--> then find the Shockwave flash file and delete it. Afterwards close your browser and reload the page. It will ask you to install flash. Click yes and see what happens.