New Dev Video - GRAW PC footage

I have question concerning between missions heli flights. I saw on 360s movies that player had oportunity to mount the Choper Minigun and kill dozens of mexican rebels runing around in crowd on rooftops  :blink: On both vids ( Trailer and Dev diary ) during  heli flights the AI was at the Minigun , that makes me think that PC version doesnt have this arcade feature ( i hope so) , am I right ?

Nope on PC you have the helo crew man the helo guns.

Sorry, im not sure how to read Your post ? :icon_redface: Could you please amplify it a bit ?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have question concerning between missions heli flights. I saw on 360s movies that player had oportunity to mount the Choper Minigun and kill dozens of mexican rebels runing around in crowd on rooftops  :blink: On both vids ( Trailer and Dev diary ) during  heli flights the AI was at the Minigun , that makes me think that PC version doesnt have this arcade feature ( i hope so) , am I right ?

Nope on PC you have the helo crew man the helo guns.

Sorry, im not sure how to read Your post ? :icon_redface: Could you please amplify it a bit ?

You don't use the mini gun mounted in the helicopter. Your helicopter crew does that for you.

In the 360 version, you used the mini-gun to mow down many rebels.

Understand now?

Sorry,  im not sure how to read Your post ?  :icon_redface: Could you please amplify it a bit ?

In the PC version the Blackhawk aircrew man the helo's weapons, not the ghosts.

I thought so but i wasnt sure. Thx NYR_32 .

PS. Sorry for that and all my typos , english is my second language.

--EDIT--

Thats a very good news that there is no Mexican Minigun Massacre in GRAW ;)

Thx Bo

Once more Your answer made me happy :)

Edited by Joseph_Q

Is dual core cpu supported ?

thx

-M-

I thought dual-core was supported by everything. It's something your system handles, not a game's inner-workings. Am I wrong?

The game really need to support it if you are gonna have any advantage with your dual-core. Right now it it is usually better to not buy an dual-core but instead buy a cheaper single-core cpu (That probably will be faster at this point.), who now how long it will take untill the games really take advantage of dual-core? Or 64-bit cup:s for that mather.

It mainly depends on the game engine design. But this is only a past or present problem not a future one. When I remember right Falcon 4 had SMP support and all new engines (maybe GRIN's) will support multithreading. But don't expect a 100% gain in performance because threads must be synchronized at specified points and this created some idle time for the other core(s).

It also depends on what you want to do else with your dual core machine and when you want to upgrade next. If you do some other heavy cpu stuff than gaming or if you plan to stay with the cpu 2 or 3 years, then you should go for a dual core, otherwise stay on single.

I edited the dev video, cut all gameplay scenes together and added some music to it. It´s nothing spectacular, after all its my FIRST EVER video edit. If anyone is interested, I´m uploading the 14MB clip at rapidshare.de right now and will post the link in a few minutes.

http://rapidshare.de/files/17855052/GRAW_limp.wmv.html

Mirror:

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=...e=GRAW_limp.wmv

There you go, the only time you´ll ever have a limp in GRAW. :D (inside joke ;) ) If its against gr.net rules, feel free to delete this link admin/mods.

Edited by agentkay

I edited the dev video, cut all gameplay scenes together and added some music to it.  It´s nothing spectacular, after all its my FIRST EVER video edit.  If anyone is interested, I´m uploading the 14MB clip at rapidshare.de right now and will post the link in a few minutes.

http://rapidshare.de/files/17855052/GRAW_limp.wmv.html

There you go, the only time you´ll ever have a limp in GRAW. :D (inside joke ;) )  If its against gr.net rules, feel free to delete this link admin/mods.

I just saw it. Good work, although in my opinion the selection of music could have been a little better.

As a fan of GRAW though, I appreciate the effort. I took a closer look and it's funny when your team AI goes around the corner sees the enemy and steps back pushing the other team mate out of the way so he can get safely behind cover. lol

Watch it. :rofl:

I just saw it. Good work, although in my opinion the selection of music could have been a little better.

As a fan of GRAW though, I appreciate the effort. I took a closer look and it's funny when your team AI goes around the corner sees the enemy and steps back pushing the other team mate out of the way so he can get safely behind cover. lol

Watch it. :rofl:

Thank you! :) Yes the music pick was totally random because it was the CD I was listening to when I had the idea to make this. If I had listened to Beethoven today, I would have chosen Beethoven for the clip. lol

I added another mirror, at yourfilehost.com.

well after seeing this video, i just dropped a 1000 bucs at newegg for the hardware to run it. also dropped another 1000 to make my divorce final. spending another 200 on taking the girlfriend out to drop the "put up with GRAW or break with a GRAW player" speech.

can i recoop any of this on next year's taxes?

Edited by Iggy.

well after seeing this video, i just dropped a 1000 bucs at newegg for the hardware to run it. also dropped another 1000 to make my divorce final. spending another 200 on taking the girlfriend out to drop the "put up with GRAW or break with a GRAW player" speech.

all are tax deductible :grin1:

Hey all,

I just noticed after watching the video again, at 2:27 into the video, the soldier backing away has a AT-4 anti-tank rocket on his back. Since we haven't heard about all the possible "extra gear" that we can carry, I found this to be really exciting.

I hope I'm not repeating something that was already noticed. Just observing... :grin1:

Laters!

Fresh

Nope non of that are tax deductable. Only thing that is tax deductable in a divorce are the alimony payments made after the divorce. Why would computer parts be tax deductable? :huh:

I'm an accountant finishing up tax season this week so I have a little experience. Sorry know it's off topic but I had to correct this before I get all these techys in my office next year deducting their 7900GT's :(

Edited by dporter

Nope non of that are tax deductable. Only thing that is tax deductable in a divorce are the alimony payments made after the divorce. Why would computer parts be tax deductable? :huh:

I'm an accountant finishing up tax season this week so I have a little experience. Sorry know it's off topic but I had to correct this before I get all these techys in my office next year deducting their 7900GT's :(

He is kidding. Notice he also said "spending another 200 on taking the girlfriend out to drop the "put up with GRAW or break with a GRAW player" speech."

:grin2:

Will the 1st person weapon be removable in multiplayer?

No

Any word on the demo yet?

Soon

Excellent :D

One thing I have noticed about a lot of the video footage, is that there isn't a lot of guns with silencers in these scenes. Will this be something you could add to the gun like the front grip, or will only certain guns come with a silencer?

Will the 1st person weapon be removable in multiplayer?

No

Any word on the demo yet?

Soon

Excellent :D

One thing I have noticed about a lot of the video footage, is that there isn't a lot of guns with silencers in these scenes. Will this be something you could add to the gun like the front grip, or will only certain guns come with a silencer?

You can put a silencer on if you like.

I know i aske dthis before, but i would love to get an answer:

" is GRAW written to support dual core, getting benifit from both cores for gaming? "

As i remember GR having TOP notch support at the time (for sound, graphics,widescreen etc etc) i would find it great if you lot at grin thoughed bout dual cores too since multicore is gonna be the future in a few years in no doubt....

Thx

Mordred

ps: i appreciate your patience and time to inform and answer our questions Bo & rest of the folks at grin