Question for BO about demolitions

I was curios if in GR:AW will we have the possibility to blow things up (tanks, cars...) with C4. Is it available? Or it will be an objective in the game to blow up a specific building, station? I liked the Spec Ops class in BF2 where you can blow up tanks by sticking C4 on them . I was wondering if it's included in this game ...

Thanx!

I was curios if in GR:AW will we have the possibility to blow things up (tanks, cars...) with C4. Is it available? Or it will be an objective in the game to blow up a specific building, station? I liked the Spec Ops class in BF2 where you can blow up tanks by sticking C4 on them . I was wondering if it's included in this game ...

Thanx!

Why do you want to blow Mexico city up? in time you're arming C4 you're dead man! :o=

Edited by capteenix

Blowing stuff up with C4 is fantastic fun - BUT is also a very handy tactical ability.

I play BF2 just now and C4 is used a lot (and has it's own class - SPecial Ops - to use it).

Blowing bridges is an obvious tactical advantage - but we also blow tanks, booby-trap flag areas and - and here's where you will probaly NOT like C4 - create 'Jehad Jeeps' (suicide vehicles).

We have even attached C4 to aircraft - and watched with glee as the plane takes off and flys off into the ditstance and then KA-BOOM!

:)

Seriously though - there are good reasons to want to blow stuff up - and if you work stealthely or in a team there is no reason why it is not practical in a tactical situation...

After all, Special Forces REALLY DO use C4 in the field!

Lets do use it like in [GR] in special missions not as equipment.

What is tactical in preparing the flag post with C4? It's dumb ... it's your flag.

How many objectives in RL can you protect by blowing up the objective? :wacko:

This is BF2 style gameplay, just misusage of the word "tactical".

TBH, this placing C4 on tank outside as a package and blow the tank up is stupid

and won't work!

It's about everybody talking about realism and tactics and

then this C4 topic  :blink:.

I'm not in the military bussiness but why do you think it's not real to blow up a communication center that the enemy is using to transmit data ? I think it's realistic enough . It has been done in mamy tactic shooters so far ...

Lets do use it like in [GR] in special missions not as equipment.

What is tactical in preparing the flag post with C4? It's dumb ... it's your flag.

How many objectives in RL can you protect by blowing up the objective?  :wacko:

This is BF2 style gameplay, just misusage of the word "tactical".

TBH, this placing C4 on tank outside as a package and blow the tank up is stupid

and won't work!

As stated I was talking about the other post, no word against blowing up a comm center or antenna with specific charges and as a mission target or maybe to build barriers

This would be fine but the last is not easy to integrate.

but ... no C4 throwing like in other unnamed games ;)

I dont see anything unrealistic in blowing tank with C4. During WW2 tanks/tracks were destroyed with primitive bombs creatred by infantry. Now we have small, powerfull charges and it seems even easier to destroy tank without infantry support in urban environment .

I dont see anything unrealistic in blowing tank with C4. During WW2 tanks/tracks were destroyed with primitive bombs creatred by infantry. Now we have small, powerfull charges and it seems even easier to destroy tank without infantry support in urban environment .

WW2 is long gone and you don't really mean destroyed by primitive bombs, this is hollywood or something ...

When I was in military service (poser alarm :lol:) we could blow up (specifically: cut metal, concrete; clear minefields, cut down trees ....) many things. Not me in person, I had only to assist. It's very much limited what a private can do with explosives in our military service :).

What you can do with a simple package of C4 without special preparation and techniques is very limited but far away from blowing up a tank by sticking up the package on the outside or throwing it below the tank.

C4 pack (btw. only saw these packages in movies) is not a tank mine, not a RPG and no anti tank grenade... If you take a closer look at these specific weapons, then you could see the effort to crack the armor.

mcbeaty, i have gr8 news for you, bf2100 and sumthin is coming out soon, enjoy it.

seriously though, demolitions in coop is brilliant and a valid part of what the ghosts should be doing.

using it to protect flags and jihad jeeps = as gay as it gets.

but coop missions, or good MP games...yes.

I think people are saying there's no C4 because of one of the recent reviews that said there would be no claymores or other mines -- something like that. I don't have time to find it now, so I'm not actually quoting, but I remember reading it and thinking at the time that their explanation of why there would be no mines seemed like it would preclude demolition packs as well, but that the review didn't outright say there were no demo packs -- only no mines.

My guess is that there will be demolition packs of one kind or another.

WW2 is long gone and you don't really mean destroyed by primitive bombs, this is hollywood or something ...

To be honest i was talking about Saving Private Ryan and this movie got veterans award for its realism. I also have german training movie form WW2 with german soldier destrying a tank with small "handmade look"bomb, I can upload it somewhere if You want.

When I was in military service (poser alarm :lol:)

he he :thumbsup:

C4 pack (btw. only saw these packages in movies) is not a tank mine, not a RPG and no anti tank grenade... If you take a closer look at these specific weapons, then you could see the effort to crack the armor.

But what about destroying tracks or throwing a charge into a barrel

Why do you want C4? because BF2 has it? BF2 isn't based on stealth. GRAW is about T.A.C.T.I.C.A.L. combat. C4 has really no use since there are not many doors if any. C4 is for breaching obstacles. while C4 IS handy, you will in effect give your position away of you and perhaps your team.

The first thing I'd look for is the explosion and then I could move my team accordingly to take you out.

no jumping, no driving, no diving into swimming pools, no farting, no sleeping, no nothing like other games. GRAW is meant to be special and tactical.

Why do you want C4? because BF2 has it? BF2 isn't based on stealth. GRAW is about T.A.C.T.I.C.A.L. combat. C4 has really no use since there are not many doors if any. C4 is for breaching obstacles. while C4 IS handy, you will in effect give your position away of you and perhaps your team.

The first thing I'd look for is the explosion and then I could move my team accordingly to take you out.

no jumping, no driving, no diving into swimming pools, no farting, no sleeping, no nothing like other games. GRAW is meant to be special and tactical.

oh and no ramboing! :D

In the original GR maps (or maybe on of the expansions, I don't remember), wasn't there a map that had a ruined castle with a village on the road leading to it, and in the woods near the village there was a SAM site we had to blow up? I remember using the AT kit to finish that mission, but it seems like such missions would also be in keeping with the GR playstyle. I think if it is in the game, and I don't know if it is or not, that some demolitions missions would be likely.

Edit:

Mission Paper Angel in GR required the demo kit to destroy the 2 pylons of a bridge. Ivory Horn required demo be planted in 2 sub pens, and Artic Sun required demo charges be planted on a helicopter and jet.

I think Zebra Straw was the one I was thinking of above, and it required using AT for some reason. It may have been the multiplayer map Castle though, or I'm confusing bits and pieces of those two maps together. So long ago... :blink:

Edited by QB-Paladin