Consoles should have keyboard and mouse

Machine

I'm strongly in the opinion that there should be a keyboard and a mouse controller always as an option to use with any console. I mean, with PC, you can play with a keyboard and a mouse, or with a joystick, so why should one be limited on the controls with a console? With cheaper and static hardware, the console might even take PC's place on the gaming stage.

Listen to me dev people!

I personally could play on a couch or on a comfortable armchair and have a keyboard on my lap and mouse on the side (an optical mouse can be controlled well even on the surface of a sofa). Or the keyboard and the mouse on a table in front of me.

What I'm saying is that I would be a potential console buyer if there were these controls and games suchs as ghost recon (pc versions) on consoles. Blink blink. :thumbsup::yes:

But at the moment, NO NO. :nono:

:whistle:

Ok, I have to admit that this posting is originated from the fact that I'm now in the verge of buying new parts to my computer and this process will cost me very much. So, I'm a bit jealous to the console audience, yes, because for example here in Finland an Xbox 360 costs only about 400 euros. If I get a new processor, more memory, new video card, maybe the physX card, it will cost me very much! :wall: And, I don't even know what kind of motherboard I will need for the physX etc, so it is all a bit annoying!!

And, besides all, you always have to get new hardware after 5 years, so this costly event will repeat itself in the future again and again (and I will always be hitting my head on the wall then. :( ).

So please :santa: and gods of gamedev hear my cries and prayers...

Done some editing to this long, boring and horridly written post so please excuse me.

Edited by Machine

I'd argue controllers are better than mouse + keyboard in every way. One just has to get used to them.

Definately not when it comes to shooters though, its such a pain the butt lining up the reticule for a highly accurate shot when u have 0.40 seconds to do it correct!

I'm finding this very annoying in Soldiers of Fortune II on xbox, i mean it does have auto-aim but I don't want that, I'd much prefer to line the shot up myself.

I'd argue controllers are better than mouse + keyboard in every way. One just has to get used to them.

Definately not when it comes to shooters though, its such a pain the butt lining up the reticule for a highly accurate shot when u have 0.40 seconds to do it correct!

I'm finding this very annoying in Soldiers of Fortune II on xbox, i mean it does have auto-aim but I don't want that, I'd much prefer to line the shot up myself.

In a well made console game (with autoaimoff) I can get a headshot in an instant.

It's simply a manner of how experienced you are and how well the game was designed to fit the controller.

And how high your aiming sensitivity is.

Most people do not want a keyboard and mouse. Those are usually PC enthusiasts. The big 3 know that most people do not want to have to put a table in their living rooms for a keyboard and mouse. Dorm rooms are different and not the majority.

KB/Mouse players would then have an unfair advantage in some areas. And to be honest, in some areas they would suffer. 3D titles with rotating views - SC Chaos Theory - have seen plenty of KB/Mouse people get slapped. IGN did a test on a PC with the new 360 controller where a big KB/Mouse player was soundly whipped by a gamepad. But overall, the advantage would be uneven.

I really don't want to see the keyboard on a console, but i would love to have the mouse!

I still would like to see the Claw make its way to the console as a standered controler someday. Maybe even some kind of track ball on the controler may work. Instead of a stick you move a track ball with your thumb where the stick goes and keep the same old controler setup just with a track ball in its place of the stick!