Since when does Mexico have M12A1's

About the Hollywood picture of the M1 "want-to-be" and me not recognizing it. It aint a MBT my friend.  It is a mockup, and does not look like an Abrams-if you knew what you where talking about you would see what I see immediately.

Show us where that picture of the Iranian tank was taken then. How do you know it is a mockup? If it isn't a main battle tank, then what is it?

If you look closely at the front spindle of the "mock-up" you will see even spacing between all seven spindles-yes it looks Christie, but gun stability would be impossible when moving. The Front Spindle has to travel in 3 directions, and the close spacement between 1 and 2 make that impossible, so you would have left right yaw in gun and up down in regards to right up left down transversal of bad terrain.

If you drive this tank into battle you are a target.

Again I do not post here to Bash the Devs, I just like it real. I have been to Mexico City and you would never want to bring an MBT into the environment VISA vie the Mexican Governments purchase on 6 wheeled Panhards. Remember most if not all of their combat effective troops are quartered within ten miles of their capital (Mexco City). You need wheeled vehicles and beleive me I would rather fight MBT positions with air cover than Wheeled Vehicle's with their mobility, and 20mm's.

But you do know the game is set in 2013 and not 2006 right? The tanks are not sold they are given to the Mexico gov as part of the agreement. Happens all the time in the arms / political trade.

Sorry BO,

My post is now not in regard to your efforts, but a post in which a picture of an Iranian MBT was posted-Zolfaqar-3 MBT. After looking at it now I know why they want to process Uranium, not so much for the fissible but for the depleted Uranium needed to make composite armor-LOL but it is still a target.

Keep up you efforts, and that your team for their time.

May the VIKIN Gods bless you

Regards

Johnson

About the Hollywood picture of the M1 "want-to-be" and me not recognizing it. It aint a MBT my friend.  It is a mockup, and does not look like an Abrams-if you knew what you where talking about you would see what I see immediately.

Show us where that picture of the Iranian tank was taken then. How do you know it is a mockup? If it isn't a main battle tank, then what is it?

If you look closely at the front spindle of the "mock-up" you will see even spacing between all seven spindles-yes it looks Christie, but gun stability would be impossible when moving. The Front Spindle has to travel in 3 directions, and the close spacement between 1 and 2 make that impossible, so you would have left right yaw in gun and up down in regards to right up left down transversal of bad terrain.

If you drive this tank into battle you are a target.

Again I do not post here to Bash the Devs, I just like it real. I have been to Mexico City and you would never want to bring an MBT into the environment VISA vie the Mexican Governments purchase on 6 wheeled Panhards. Remember most if not all of their combat effective troops are quartered within ten miles of their capital (Mexco City). You need wheeled vehicles and beleive me I would rather fight MBT positions with air cover than Wheeled Vehicle's with their mobility, and 20mm's.

But you do know the game is set in 2013 and not 2006 right? The tanks are not sold they are given to the Mexico gov as part of the agreement. Happens all the time in the arms / political trade.

Sorry BO,

My post is now not in regard to your efforts, but a post in which a picture of an Iranian MBT was posted-Zolfaqar-3 MBT. After looking at it now I know why they want to process Uranium, not so much for the fissible but for the depleted Uranium needed to make composite armor-LOL but it is still a target.

Keep up you efforts, and that your team for their time.

May the VIKIN Gods bless you

Regards

Johnson

BO

I want to say again thank the GRIN Family for all of your efforts, I look forward to the game, and again please do not teke my comments as criticism nor antagonistic, it is my fault that I do not take more time in typing enough to make myself clear. I got one arm working do to a bad drop and a sudden stop! 3rd degree shoulder and three rotator cuff tears-so in my left handedness I am quick and to the point, and I have ailed to make clear my sentiments.

You are correct to advise me on the story line and I appreciate that.

If I had a Koronet I may get a mobilty kill on an Abrams, but that is about it.

NOX

On the Iranian tank front, I don't know if this will help but will show what NOX was talking about. Note the uneven spacing on the front spindle of the attached line drawing of an M1 vs the even spacing on the "tank" above. Remember the barrel is facing rear to fit on the flatbed...

m1a1-line.gif

Edited by FWF.Osteo

Slightly OT, what's a vikin?

Before English was English a language from the Noth or Norse, was the Nordic speak, even before German was a shared speak, Noth was spoken. Firsta man spoke VIKIN (Westfold) the VIKIN or Vikings influenced Northern European lanquage. All the way into Rouene just north of Paris (yes Danes but they got such good cookies). In fact the Anglo and Norman's had common ancestory-I will use my family the house of Johnson, of Mercia/SAXON (central England) and also of Bath/NORMAN) seperated by 980 of conquest but the same DNA. So it is VIKIN in the Norse, but Viking in the SAXON.

By the way GRIN if it makes you Swede's happy we Johnson's made it and setteled North America in the 1630's.

Peace out

NOX

Ok NOX...there might be even spacing on the roadwheels in that picture, if that's what you are talking about when you say spindle.

Here's alittle picture of another tank, Leopard 2A2.

Leopard_2_12.jpg

Oh wait....even spacing :o Does this mean all Leopards have a construction flaw that means the gun can't be properly stabilised?

Oh crap...seems the same goes for the Russian T80 series :wacko:

T-80_Sertolovo2001_RussianArms_Russie_14.jpg

Ok NOX...there might be even spacing on the roadwheels in that picture, if that's what you are talking about when you say spindle.

Here's alittle picture of another tank, Leopard 2A2.

http://www.armyrecognition.com/europe/Alle...eopard_2_12.jpg

Oh wait....even spacing  :o Does this mean all Leopards have a construction flaw that means the gun can't be properly stabilised?

Oh crap...seems the same goes for the Russian T80 series  :wacko:

http://www.armyrecognition.com/Russe/vehic...s_Russie_14.jpg

Pwned.

NO! it is VIKIN you southern type of elderberry eater!

Oh if there is some sort of in game explanation that is fine for the game, but since this game was a West Point requirement ie GR1, and the reading of Redstorm Rising was mandatory at Annapolis-I hate to give that advantage to a game.

Realism is based on facts, oh let me say that again faxts is fakts, fackts by any other name is lies.

Nox is panning for a banning. :rolleyes:

OT: I'm sure you would rub your eyes in disbelief NOX if you saw the latest Iranian tank design, the Zolfaqar-3 MBT. Unless you take a very close look at the small details of it it's a near perfect clone of the M1A1 tank  :yes:

zolfaghar3-pic1.jpg

Iranian Zolfaqar-3 MBT

That's an interesting tank, wonder whats inside.