Beta Testers required

Phlookian

I know about the portal issue (but don't know what portal it is)

I think I read somewhere that one portal affects another so it may take a while to find...........

That was my post you probably read.

The error is easy to fix: always go back to the portal previous to the one where it is happening.

OK D

Thanks for that (I really wasn't looking forward sorting this out blindly) :D

One small question:

Could you clarify "previous"

Do you mean lower in number (p01_02 before p01_03)

or do you mean previous in order of creation?

:hmm:

Many thanks, Phlook

Well..............

The day has finally arrived :)

I've submitted the finished product to Rocky and it should make it to the downloads page pretty soon.

I would just like to say a very last thankyou to everybody who kind of nursed me through this :thumbsup:

And a special thankyou to Sleeper and Bitshot for their donations to my map.

Cheers guys, see you on the other side :rocky: (er........that didn't sound quite right did it?)

• 2 weeks later...

Great job!

I also thought the music was good too, after reading the readme.txt I was a little scared but it sounds great!

We needed guys like this making maps a long time ago, I guess the die hard fans will be happy though and I guess that includes me. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Thanks Guys,

I couldn't have got it to this stage without you ;)

The thing's still riddled with little "issues"

In truth, had I known what I now know about the game engine etc, things would have been designed much differently from the start (live and learn)

Thanks once again for the assist :)

I think this is a great map! It is full of potential for all sorts of missions. Lets hope that the scriptors out there make full use of it.

I was paticularly impressed with the main radar/building complex - the holes in the fences, the building layout, the generator, there are simply loads of nice little touches that are crying out to be used - If I could script, I'm be PMing you right now!

Thanks

Callmehobbes :D

Absolutely AWESOME!!!!!

Some people might think that mission scripting is easy (bad guy here, bad guy there, etc)

But it really is an art form.

Mr Tinker Sir I take my hat off :)

I just realised how much of a rooky I am at playing this game (as opposed to creating virtual real estate) :D

I think your truck drivers are going to be meeting a nasty death for some time to come!

Looking forward to centcom

Cheers, Phlook :thumbsup:

Edited by Phlookian

Additions to landscape are perfect! Just enough.

You didn't happen to do a night version of your map? I've be trying using the ambient light editor and reseting the fog with the environment tool but haven't had much luck.

Not so far (but it is a neat idea)

I'm kinda tied up with a few things at the moment but when I get a chance I'll have a look.

Are you working on anything specific?

A night map would be a completely new download so I could make a change or two if it's mission specific......... :thumbsup:

Nothing mission specific, just thought a night map would be a nice extra. Allow you to play in a more "stealthy" mode, getting in and out under the cover of darkness, and all that.

The only change I'd like would be a route for a helo insertion other than the road on the north-west of the map. But I imagine that would be to big of an undertaking.

At the moment I sadly do not have the time to edit or update the Ivan map (much as it pains me to admit it :( )

I do intend to eventually revisit it though

I am currently commited to creating a map for Centcom add on and in the last 2 weeks I've not added squat!

Both yourself and Migryder have asked me about some changes that are very interesting and have fired up my appetite.

My plans for V3:

Offmap storage area

Maybe a helo insetion route

Possible use of the North snowcap as a floor (but maybe for tangos only)

Mig has asked about a working fork lift but I may have to beg for help on that one!

possible placeable flight recorder

Possible oil lamp in the tunnel (shoot it and the light goes out)

more destroyable objects to aid scripters (transformer etc)

Night version

Possible search light on the observation platform for night version.

Isn't this cruel? :devil:

Sorry guys but it will take me a while to get back to this.

Also Migryder has very kindly added my map to his latest mission mod/ campaign

I don't want to hack people off by releasing a different version every week. When I do get back to this it'd be nice to do a definative version (know what I mean)

Thanks for caring enough about my work to help me improve it (and I will definitely come back to this)

Many thanks, Phlook ;)

Edited by Phlookian

I have a working forklift if you would like to have it. If by working you want the forks to raise and lower and take someone up with it, I have not found a way to make that happen, yet anyway. Seems the game code won't allow this function. However maybe we can cheat a way.

I'll have to check if the file has been posted yet. www.redfiveghosts.net

Hey, this is really getting sad........

Everytime I create something it's full of your meshes. :P

Maybe next time I just come up with the ideas (hmm, a career in management)

Actually this was a Migryder suggestion after downloading Ivan,

Entering the warehouse and seeing guys at work (driving aroud in forklifts etc)

Whatever happens I really need to get back to centcom before I get banned or something.

But I will keep the offer in mind (thanx)

How was the trip?

This is possibly very true (and a good reason for the addition)

As previously mentioned I do intend to revisit (when my life stops intruding)

I will have to check with you (before releasing version 3) that this doesn't mess up your mission mod.

In a way I kind of wished I'd waited and perfected everything (but there you go)

How's the mod coming along?

I've already had a go at Tinkers Blue Ivan mission (i look forward to seeing how you reinterpret it).

On a similar vein (and when I get around to the final Ivan version) I was thinking of releasing a few different animated flags (and the scripter just hides the ones he doesn't like)

Good/ bad idea?