Poser Outting

NYR_32

Hat's off to the staff here on GR.net for exposing this guy.

Makes you think before you try and pull a fast one on the staff :P

On a personal note I've yet so serve my country(Norway). It's obligated for every man here to serve 1 year, I've been classified as good enough to join the army but I've yet to get the call from them...but I'm working/taking education at the moment.

But I do look forward to my time in the army...unless I get border patrol along cold mother Russia :blink:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well being British, he had me fooled but I'm glad the loser is out of here. I've read his posts here and at the UBI forums, never suspected him of being a fake for a minute. I've had family members in the armed forces, my father was in the Royal Navy during WW2, his father before him, in the Great War, they served their country and there are ppl like this lowlife claiming off of their backs, it makes me sick. :angry:

Keep up the good work guy's as I'm sure there'll be more like him, around the next corner. Be ever vigilant !! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: to the staff outing yet another little posing creep!

@Sup: there's been more than just Thor and SpecOps.Briggs if I remember right. Can't find the details of it right now (might of got lost in the big forum crash) but if I remember right a rather prominent member of one of the bigger clans got outed for claiming to be a countersniper in Iraq.

@Deosl: Nothing wrong with alittle nordic service...I spent some uniformed time up around the north of Sweden freezing my little butt of ;)

:thumbsup: to the staff outing yet another little posing creep!

@Sup: there's been more than just Thor and SpecOps.Briggs if I remember right. Can't find the details of it right now (might of got lost in the big forum crash) but if I remember right a rather prominent member of one of the bigger clans got outed for claiming to be a countersniper in Iraq.

Aye, Swordfish.

I've done my fair share of street firefights (Including Fallujah)

I always saw hajiis running around in Fallujah blasting us with them while running.

canadians in fallujah?

I thought it was only US Army and Marines?

Nice work :) Posers can eat **** and die...

On a personal note I can say that I did my year in the Norwegian Coast Artiellery (sort of like US Marines) and serwed almost 2 years in Bosnia with NATO. Worked with lots of different US Army Divisons. 1st Cav., 10th Mountain and another one I can't remeber. Met

lots of good people down there...

I hope it changes him. Isnt lying about receiving a Navy Cross against the law?

*Edit*Yes, found out its a serious crime, if he does this in his normal everyday life to get jobs or other things. He could be getting himself in serious trouble. Federal Crime Link

Nice find, I was wondering about that.

@Sup: there's been more than just Thor and SpecOps.Briggs if I remember right.

I think you are right too, I think I remember someone managing to get staff position at AGR-S.com once. I was so shocked and disapointed to find out he was a liar and a poser, very sad.

Hi GR.net,

I wanted to write (or type) a formal apology to all of you because I have let down the community in one way or another. Yes I know you are probably reading this and saying "Screw this guy", "This is BS", "What a Dum-ass", etc. That's fine and I can understand that. The persona I created (J.Briggs) was a means to get respect for advice that was given by me. Like I told ZJJ, let's face it, not everyone wants to hug a cop. Advice that was given from a cop over someone who has been in the Military and won a prestigious award would mean nothing to you, or so I thought (I'm coming from the UBI forums).

As ZJJ correctly pointed out, GR.Net is a mature community.

I think much more so then some people on the UBI forums (But the people who ARE mature, you know who you are and you probably come to GR.Net as well). Someone laid down a nice quote on the UBI forums,

"You don't have to lie to kick it"

This is true.....and I realized it a bit too late. I realize that although I have only been a part of the GR.Net community for pretty much a month or less, I have let-down the admins, regulars and most of all, the military and ex military. I did not mean to dis-respect you, as I have nothing BUT respect for people who fight for their country, it is a brave and valorous thing to do and I would gladly buy you a beer anytime.

The admins of GR.net were kind enough to communicate with me instead of blatantly ignoring me. This is how this post is getting to you. You should feel proud that you have these people working for you, as they do background checks harder then anything I've ever seen. No longer a part of the GR.net community, I am now realizing how lucky I was to be a part of it.

In conclusion, I am sorry for my mis-doings and misconduct, and I am thankful that ZJJ has taken time to talk with me. If I still have my job ( touche.gif ) I will see you in GR3.

-SpecOps.Briggs

@Sup: there's been more than just Thor and SpecOps.Briggs if I remember right.

I think you are right too, I think I remember someone managing to get staff position at AGR-S.com once. I was so shocked and disapointed to find out he was a liar and a poser, very sad.

Perhaps I'm revealing an OLD secret... but wasn't there someone on the GR.net staff who posed as well?

It's a sad shame... I guess I'm a cold hearted S.O.B, but the deed has been done... apology accepted (to some extent), but I vote to keep him gone. Like I said, I'm cold hearted :unsure:

Everybody wants respect. The only way to get it is to earn it. What a waste of a cool name.

I gotta say though, I thought a lot of his posts on the ubi.forums were pretty immature, especially directed towards other people. He did throw his "military service" around a bit too losely, bringing it up like every five posts or so. Kind of reeks of insecurity and fishiness, but...I'm willing to give anyone who's served the benefit of the doubt and yes, a little more respect then probably the average Joe-4sshole. Since my dad was in the military, I do have a high level of respect for our Armed Forces and perhaps a different perspective all together.

I usually don't start to get suspicious until people start claiming to be in the elite groups like SEALS, Dboys, etc. I guess it's safe to say anyone on here for an extended period of time making those claims is probably legit.

At least you guys weed 'em out. I wonder how many other armChair special forces soldiers with MoH's and what not are running around the internet. Probably a bazzillion.

.this is the second apology I've seen on these boards, and I've only been here for like 1 month.

Edited by Brettzies

I can't see how anyone would want to disrespect their country by making a mockery and fraud themselves that way. Claiming to be doing what thousands die for. Claiming to get the Navy Cross that only a few get, stealing someone elses story for their own. I'm at a loss for words.:ermm:  By outting him and what he did, maybe he will open his eyes. I hope it changes him. Isnt lying about receiving a Navy Cross against the law?

*Edit*Yes, found out its a serious crime, if he does this in his normal everyday life to get jobs or other things. He could be getting himself in serious trouble. Federal Crime Link

The guy is a Canadian named Alex Grncarovski. He responded to PMs saying "My name is Johnny Briggs..." I had phoned Zjj a few hours earlier and she logged on, looked at what we had and was gone all of 5 minutes when she came back with the guy's real name. Spooky web talent.

Jeezz, I didn't know ZJJ is that spooky. Last time I'm making fun of her :ph34r:

It's amazing that in this day and age with technology such as it is...that there are people out there who would think they could get away with something that is so ridiculously easy to prove.

There are dozens of ways a person in the military could provide proof of their military affiliation...and if they made the claim, why wouldn't they provide the proof...that should be the number one indicator. Reminds me of the time that *ahem* someone here was questioned about a fake "submarine surfacing thru the ice" picture...when you're right...these accusations are almost comical...

I would imagine our resident SOF guy gets a kick out of people doubting his credibility and then imagining the look on their faces when he gets the opportunity to prove it...(although he's been here so long now I'm sure there aren't too many doubters).

It's nearly as easy for someone in the military (and Rocky has several he can turn to) to verify whether someone is actually in the military or not. There are whole databases (i.e. white pages) for military people that will tell you who they are, where they are stationed, email addresses, phone numbers etc. etc.

Also, posting at most public forums...means you've registered and also provided your IP address...and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do some simple research with this information to figure out who you are. Even if you enter bogus information in your profile...there's usually an email address or something that will link back to who you really are. It's surprisingly easy.

@Briggs - I had many words to share with you...but I'm going to limit it to "the truth will set you free"...

Reminds me of the time that *ahem* someone here was questioned about a fake "submarine surfacing thru the ice" picture...when you're right...these accusations are almost comical...

I never did work out how Jester managed to fake that mock up in his bath using paper mache and the inside of an old TV. :blink:

In our own wisdom we can crucify for a mistake...to err is human but to forgive is devine.

Ops cross over into the US and get a job in the US military, you are 24 and that is very young, I am 43 and very old, but there is a place for all of us. You will at the end of your service be accepted as a full time provider of the future for this country-and then you can tell everyone to kiss your ass. Get yourself an education and make the world an oyster, but if you sit up there in Toronto and rot then you will die a sad old man that had an opportunity to defend his country, even when it would not defend itself!

NOX

1607 Madawaska Canadienne

1630 Bostonian

MOM Canadienne and DAD Bostonian-yes after all the wars and 300 years we made it-and you can have your part in it also-if I was wrong then 20,000,000 Mexicans got it wrong also.

Come get some of the good life-we need some good Canadiens-like my spelling of Canadians-just olde French.

Is the guy REALLY on a SWAT team? If so, what is so embarrassing about being on a SWAT team that you would have to try and make up all of this military experience to refer to?

I don't get it, what did he get out of lying about serving in the military? Sad.

There is nothing wrong with being a civilian, and if you want to be recognised for serving, then please go serve, or just be happy being a civilian like the rest of us.

BTW, good job to the staff for another outting. I think Homeland Security could use some people like you here. ;)

Edited by jchung

Is the guy REALLY on a SWAT team? If so, what is so embarrassing about being on a SWAT team that you would have to try and make up all of this military experience to refer to?

I don't get it, what did he get out of lying about serving in the military? Sad.

There is nothing wrong with being a civilian, and if you want to be recognised for serving, then please go serve, or just be happy being a civilian like the rest of us.

BTW, good job to the staff for another outting. I think Homeland Security could use some people like you here. ;)

Call me cynical, but I don't think the guy's a cop, either.