Show a little faith!

I am sorry, but I have to get this off my chest.

I must admit that I am starting to feel embarassed as I read through some of the comments in this forum.

Practically none of us have played or even seen the game yet, but some of us are already discussing all the things in the game that we absolutely hate and want to change as soon as possible!

How on earth do you think this makes the developers feel? They have been working hard for years to create a game that - in their own words - they want us to be proud of and enjoy for years to come. If I were a GRIN developer I would keep my mouth well shut and not tell us anything, because anything they tell us will be taken out of context and dissected in a ridiculous degree even though we have no knowledge of the overall feel/vision of the game and therefore can only be guessing about a given subjects influence on the gameplay.

In analyzing the answers from the GRIN team in this forum, it seems obvious that they know what they are doing and that they have thought long and hard about EVERY aspect of the game. Being fans of the original GR, it seems they will go to extraordinary length to ensure a worthy successor.

So - for crying out loud - can we please WAIT until we have PLAYED the damn game (or at least a demo) before we start whining about the things that need to changed. I find some of the comments here incredibly childish, but even worse: VERY DISRESPECTFUL TO THE DEVELOPERS!

Show a little faith for now - there will be plenty time for whining later! OR you might be pleasantly suprised to find nothing to whine about...

:hmm: Mike

Edited by MadMike

Roger that! Some folks here sound like they ought to be hangin' out on the Ubi boards. I always thought the reason the Grin team seems to hang out here is the higher level of maturity but if the nay-sayers keep posting I'm afraid Bo and his crew will be less likely to post...

Here here :thumbsup:

We had two well known members with hundreds of hours playing GR1, who had the lucky opportunity to play GRAW, say that they absolutely loved it. I trust their opinion and am anxiously am looking forwrd to the demo....cuz I'm definately gonna buy the game regardless.

The GRIN team have listened to our wants and needs, they have kept to the GR1 way with some great upgrades and will deliver a great game. All reviews are saying this. :)

We all know, for the majority of the game for ALL OF US, is going to be great and we'll be happy. We'll work through the rest. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Fresh

I must admit that I am starting to feel embarassed as I read through some of the comments in this forum.

Practically none of us have played or even seen the game yet, but some of us are already discussing all the things in the game that we absolutely hate and want to change as soon as possible!

How on earth do you think this makes the developers feel? They have been working hard for years to create a game that - in their own words - they want  us to be proud of and enjoy for years to come. If I were a GRIN developer I would keep my mouth well shut and not tell us anything, because anything they tell us will be taken out of context and dissected in a ridiculous degree even though we have no knowledge of the overall feel/vision of the game and therefore can only be guessing about a given subjects influence on the gameplay.

In analyzing the answers from the GRIN team in this forum, it seems obvious that they know what they are doing and that they have thought long and hard about EVERY aspect of the game. Being fans of the original GR, it seems they will go to extraordinary length to ensure a worthy successor.

So - for crying out loud - can we please WAIT until we have PLAYED the damn game (or at least a demo) before we start whining about the things that need to changed. I find some of the comments here incredibly childish, but even worse: VERY DISRESPECTFUL TO THE DEVELOPERS!

Show a little faith for now - there will be plenty time for whining later! OR you might be pleasantly suprised to find nothing to whine about...

:thumbsup: Best thing Ive read all day. Who are we to attack them when all they are trying to do is make a game that makes the GR community happy. I think the only person who is taking more abuse than the dev team is Barry Bonds :rofl:

How on earth do you think this makes the developers feel? They have been working hard for years to create a game that - in their own words - they want  us to be proud of and enjoy for years to come. If I were a GRIN developer I would keep my mouth well shut and not tell us anything, because anything they tell us will be taken out of context and dissected in a ridiculous degree even though we have no knowledge of the overall feel/vision of the game and therefore can only be guessing about a given subjects influence on the gameplay.

Well put mike, I agree 100%.

Some of the things posted in these forums really surprises me, the degree of pessimism, or hardcore (and blind) purism expressed by some members is almost scary.

(btw, cool to see a fellow dane here)

Agreed!!

A lot of effort has gone into GR:AW. On top of their own vision for GR:AW the Dev's have incorporated a lot of community feedback to produce a game that, from what I've seen and from what has been said by those fortunate enough to get a hands on, will blow us all away - I haven't been this excited since I resigned from my last job and on my last day told a few people what I thought of them, 'twas a rush I tells ya!

Obviously Modding etc... played a big part in the longevity of the original GR and GRIN aren't blind to this, with the tools being made available shortly after release of the game - I just think we should enjoy the experience (SP, Co-Op & MP) as it was intended and be greatful that so much community feedback was considered when making the game.

THEN, modders, go nuts - I'll be there to try them all, same as I did for the original GR!! But maybe after I've gone through the SP campaign a few times...

Cheers! :cheers:

Nice post Mike. I totally agree with you, I am positive about this game. I have a lot of faith in GRIN that they will make a great game for us the pc gamers. After reading the previews so far, I am 100% sure that I will buy this game. See you guys online (when the demo/game comes out) :o=:shifty:

Edited by Steel1977