One of the things that will interest me in this game is in fact the sniping. As we all know (hopefully) by now, is that the AI enemies do not stay in the same spot. In fact, they travel around (not just on foot, they have vehicles) and search the streets of Mexico city for you. It will be interesting to see if squads will be organized enough to do things right.

For instance, if someone in your squad is up on a roof sniping, it would be good to have a spotter with you covering your six while you're smoke-checking the baddies. Some people might say "Oh that's stupid, you don't need someone covering you". Normally, seeing the games that are out right now I would agree with that, but from what I've seen in GR:AW, this wouldn't be an option. I know not many people here have any military experience but I myself am going to use the tactics and smarts I got from the Marines and the US Army to better help my squad.

I've done my fair share of street firefights (Including Fallujah) so I know what's expected of me when it gets down to the nitty gritty. I have, like everyone else on these forums, a huge interest in GR3. If anyone would want to share some tactics then please do so, it would help everyone when they get down in the game.

I've rarely seen anyone with a SAW use supressing fire in any of the games I play (A lot), I never see a spotter with a sniper, but I however always see the lone wolf trying to be a hero shooting like rambo while an organized squad cuts him down with ease. This was supposed to be a thread where I was going to talk about sniper tactics, but as it is I have work all this weekend and I leave for a brief in 20 minutes. Like I said before, if you have tactics, share 'em!

-Briggs

I definately like your idea of bringing out the tactics of GRAW as it is something that has been lacking in games for a long time. I think first it must be discussed that people play the game as a TEAM instead of as individuals on a team. Now if a team of 16 breaks into 4 squads of 4 and tackles the whole map this certainly not only enhances the feel of actual tactics but also becomes a dominant force. (TRY BF2 when the squads actually worked and talked with one another it was easy to dominate).

In these games people tend to not want to make sacrifices as simple as using a different weapon that isn't really their favorite but in order to have a cohesive unit the weapon needs to be there, just like Spec Ops talking of the SAW. Trust me, all squads need them. and in this game even more with the 1 shot 1 kill that was talked in the preview. Really before you cross any open area or choke point it could save your whole team to lay down supressive fire on all corners and cars, cause they blow up and u can shoot of doors to reveal some baddies.

Personally I look forward to grabbing a SAW and helping my team to advance through the level with supressive fire.

One of the things that will interest me in this game is in fact the sniping. As we all know (hopefully) by now, is that the AI enemies do not stay in the same spot. In fact, they travel around (not just on foot, they have vehicles) and search the streets of Mexico city for you. It will be interesting to see if squads will be organized enough to do things right.

For instance, if someone in your squad is up on a roof sniping, it would be good to have a spotter with you covering your six while you're smoke-checking the baddies. Some people might say "Oh that's stupid, you don't need someone covering you". Normally, seeing the games that are out right now I would agree with that, but from what I've seen in GR:AW, this wouldn't be an option. I know not many people here have any military experience but I myself am going to use the tactics and smarts I got from the Marines and the US Army to better help my squad.

I've done my fair share of street firefights (Including Fallujah) so I know what's expected of me when it gets down to the nitty gritty. I have, like everyone else on these forums, a huge interest in GR3. If anyone would want to share some tactics then please do so, it would help everyone when they get down in the game.

I've rarely seen anyone with a SAW use supressing fire in any of the games I play (A lot), I never see a spotter with a sniper, but I however always see the lone wolf trying to be a hero shooting like rambo while an organized squad cuts him down with ease. This was supposed to be a thread where I was going to talk about sniper tactics, but as it is I have work all this weekend and I leave for a brief in 20 minutes. Like I said before, if you have tactics, share 'em!

-Briggs

Good Plan, never travel on your own, always try and work in fours.

Within the game they will have help sections to aid you in deciding how to plan.

Its a very usefull tool.

This is an interesting thread. Briggs, since you have a lot of experience, why don't you come up with some standard tactics, and some uncommon ones as well, to beat the baddies methodically and realistically. It would be a good read. Others, like Tortfeaser, can chip in as well.

Tell us some of the standard methods you adopted while moving down a street and the precautions you took. How did you save yourself from grenades ?

This is an interesting thread. Briggs, since you have a lot of experience, why don't you come up with some standard tactics, and some uncommon ones as well, to beat the baddies methodically and realistically. It would be a good read. Others, like Tortfeaser, can chip in as well.

Tell us some of the standard methods you adopted while moving down a street and the precautions you took. How did you save yourself from grenades ?

I'm on my break 'till 6, tonight I will write up a tactic plan, some various general tactics, scout/sniper tactics and zone movement as a GROUP. The image that Alpha Zero posted is very good at demonstrating it.

Briggs what squad do u roll with currently? You should stop by RLC headquarters. We're always looking for experienced killwhores who know their tactics. An elite squad formed of veteran GR and RVS players with strict requirements for membership. 5 minutes in our servers and you will see what I'm talking about. Lets see if you got what it takes. Stop by.

ReconLanClan is currently under construction but should redirect you to our rvs site. Hit me with PMs for more info.

Very nice found ZeroAlpha, can we get your source? :)

Anyways does any one know some good tactical websites, on mainly "fire and movement" I have bin searching on google but can't find anything good. :(

Very nice found ZeroAlpha, can we get your source?  :)

Anyways does any one know some good tactical websites, on mainly "fire and movement" I have bin searching on google but can't find anything good.  :(

ZeroAlpha IS the source, and he's our's... Not your's... Our's... And the next time he let's any of our tactics out guess who's gonna be pointman ;)

one key thing about tactics is that your enemy duznt know your tactics - hence, why would you reveal your tactics here to ppl who will be your enemy in game possibly? :D

however, I will say this - for those of you keen to learn more about tactics..hit up the Public Alpha Squad server, they play every day, and you will learn a lot about correct voice comms, using grid locations correctly and efficiently, working as a team to achieve objectives, slicing the pie, clearing buildings, etc etc etc.

most of all you will learn how to survive in intense firefights, and therefore, to become a better and more intelligent soldier in combat.

i played team v team with respawns for several years in Ghost Recon, but now, I have been playing regularly with the Alpha Squad and others for the last 6 months and I am a much better player for it. Having no respawns, and playing with difficult modded missions takes players to the next level in skill and tactics.

if players want the Alpha server details, post here.

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

Very nice found ZeroAlpha, can we get your source?  :)

Anyways does any one know some good tactical websites, on mainly "fire and movement" I have bin searching on google but can't find anything good.  :(

ZeroAlpha IS the source, and he's our's... Not your's... Our's... And the next time he let's any of our tactics out guess who's gonna be pointman ;)

oops got caught :unsure:

I def. want those server details!!!

BlackSmoke, the Alpha Squad public servers are for co-op only (99.9% of the time).

Alpha Squad server IP: 12.180.48.57

PW: w1a

Alpha Squad TS IP: 216.86.149.125:6717 or ( vox3.primarytarget.com:6717 )

PW: 2cold

Server Rules:

---------------------

1. Teamspeak voice communication mandatory.

Teamspeak voicecommunication software is mandatory on our servers. Join our teamspeak server before you join the gameserver. "Voice activation" not allowed - use the "press to talk" option from the teamspeak menus. Microphone not required, but you have to be able to listen.

** And remember -- dead people don't talk or lead. If you are dead, maintain radio silence until the mission is over.

2. Server setup screen limitations.

Coop (elite), no respawns, iff off/reticule, threatindicator off, Arcade mode off. When Alpha Squad members are in the server, please allow them to enter the server setup screen. They may ask you if you want to do it, but until then please hold back.

3. Language and behavior.

Treat others as you like to be treated yourselves. Harsh language, yelling and shouting, lack of respect for other players and spam in the chat is not wanted nor tolerated. Vulgar language will not be tolerated!

4. Gameplay.

This server is here for the coop player that seek to play ghost recon in a more serious way than go guns blazing in every compass direction from insertion. It's common to select a team leader by checking a box to the right of his name in the roster before the game starts. Then stay sharp at the radio and follow any weapon loadout orders/communication. Once you are in the game, stick to whatever plans/orders assigned to your team. Players that do the opposite (run and gun, going totally on your own when ordered to stay with the team, showing up with MMI's when ordered to carry SD rifles) must either change their behavior or find a different server to play coop on.

Many of the missions and coop gamemodes on our server require good teamwork. That is why we stress this point.

silent_op

Thanks for posting the info LightSpeed and Silent. Alpha 2 continues to offer challenging co-op play rather regularly

You can find the server details along with discussions of co-op play at the Alpha Forums over at http://alpha.websmart.ro/forums

The public server is down on occasion now while we are doing the final mission inserts from SR2005, but that will be finished in just about a week.

I love using SAW's (MK48 is looking great!), but there aren't many coop games where using suppresive fire actually works. Often there isn't much teamwork going on either, so you don't have much of a chance when you're moving around with a lmg. Ret's blooming all over the place, etc...

Probably going to hook up with a coop clan when graw is released. When I can afford a new graphics card that is. And if I ever learn to speak english too. lol

Now, if we can get people to implement the tactics people could never complain about tactical sims again, cause this would be the one.

Hopefully GRAW has a ranking system that encourages team tatics , if it does it's to the best intrest of the gamer to be a team player as appose to going solo.l