how many consolers gonna get PC version as well ?

desertranger12

ok, with the release of tons of awesome press of the PC version, kinda gonna put the 360 version to shame, i was wondersing how many consolers are gonna get the PC version as well?

*head over to the other side of the fence(PC forum) to see all the sweet stuff goin on. especially if u havent lately...

DR 12

A lot of people here are not console gmaers. A lot are not PC gamers. They are just gamers. There is a distinction among the platforms because people decide to draw one. Personally I think you should just enjoy your hobby. Last night I jammed for hours trouble shooting glitches on the 360. Then I jumped over to the PS2 and ran God of War that I had neve played. By a little after midnight I was on the PC. As long as people keep drawing notice it will be there. It's sort of gaming's version of racism.

I got to watch GRAW 360 againg at BestBuy and these two players were doing having a blast playing the game. At first I noticed that they are on the same map. When the game ended, I asked if they were playing MP. Youngest one says yes.

Then when they picked another map, they couldn't get their 360 to communicate.

Rep from BB says move the units closer since they were on some Airlink.

I'm looking at this rep, and I thinking, these units are less than 4 ft away. :blink:

So the two players moved the units like 1 ft apart.

Still no dice.

After 20 minutes, I left coz I see these two players getting aggrevated and no longer having fun.

Another thing that I noticed. They were on the killing spree until they started using grenades. Since the characters are right handed when they toss the grenade, everytime there is also a wall on the characters side, the grenades tends to hit the wall or bounce off, giving one instance the grenades bounced back to the player.

Is that lack of body awareness or just plain noobism?

Can you switch hands?

Could he have leaned more without exposing himself?

They could have easily switched hands.

What you witnessed, was as you said, a great example of noobism at it's purest.

And I'd have to agree with you there, HF. Brand Loyalty has been taken to all new heights in the modern-day technically-oriented world. And unfortunately, I think it's for the worst.

I've seen people break out in violent fights arguing over whether Xbox or Playstation was better. -Sighs-.

I've seen people break out in violent fights arguing over whether Xbox or Playstation was better. -Sighs-.

Ive seen much more aggressive ones about pc vs xbox ;)

At the end of the day each one has its advantages, i dont own a ps2 because a prefer xbox but if ps2 had something better to offer i would own one, i dont pc game because i cant afford to own enough pcs that would be up to it, in fact ive only got one pc and thats not up to gaming full stop lol

I never did understand the them and us attitude reggardless of which device is in question

Another thing that I noticed. They were on the killing spree until they started using grenades. Since the characters are right handed when they toss the grenade, everytime there is also a wall on the characters side, the grenades tends to hit the wall or bounce off, giving one instance the grenades bounced back to the player.

Not being familiar with the game and its surroundings i would say, its something ive done because i play in first person and its much more difficult in graw to get a feel for your surroundings when playing 1st opposed to 3rd (at least thats my excuse anyway :lol: )

I got to watch GRAW 360 againg at BestBuy and these two players were doing having a blast playing the game.  At first I noticed that they are on the same map.  When the game ended, I asked if they were playing MP. Youngest one says yes.

Then when they picked another map, they couldn't get their 360 to communicate.

Rep from BB says move the units closer since they were on some Airlink.

I'm looking at this rep, and I thinking, these units are less than 4 ft away. :blink:

So the two players moved the units like 1 ft apart.

Still no dice.

After 20 minutes, I left coz I see these two players getting aggrevated and no longer having fun.

Another thing that I noticed.  They were on the killing spree until they started using grenades.  Since the characters are right handed when they toss the grenade, everytime there is also a wall on the characters side, the grenades tends to hit the wall or bounce off, giving one instance the grenades bounced back to the player.

Can you switch hands?

Could he have leaned more without exposing himself?

Part of the issue here is experience. Game experience. People are expecting to throw a grenade with laser precision. If they could do that they would be in the Major Leagues. A grenade is an unwieldy device with no conscience that has a habit of not going where you want.

Ive seen much more aggressive ones about pc vs xbox ;)

At the end of the day each one has its advantages, i dont own a ps2 because a prefer xbox but if ps2 had something better to offer i would own one, i dont pc game because i cant afford to own enough pcs that would be up to it, in fact ive only got one pc and thats not up to gaming full stop lol

I never did understand the them and us attitude reggardless of which device is in question

Not being familiar with the game and its surroundings i would say, its something ive done because i play in first person and its much more difficult in graw to get a feel for your surroundings when playing 1st opposed to 3rd (at least thats my excuse anyway :lol: )

At the end of the day, a console is really just a poor-man's PC. ;)

Edit: Excuse me, a poor-gamer's PC.

At the end of the day, a console is really just a poor-man's PC. ;)

Edit: Excuse me, a poor-gamer's PC.

I would disagree, not because i dont think a pc is a worthy gaming device it certainly is but that doesnt make a consoler a poor gamer, it just means that when living in my house 2 serious adult gamers and 2 equally serious kids for gamers the idea of running 4 gaming pcs is a joke, frankly i dont know anyone in the real world who can afford 4 gaming pc's

I could start to list why theres nothing wrong with chosing to console game but i wont because that would just start the whole pc vs console debate and ive already said i think there daft and i assume from your comment about people arguing over xbox/ ps you would agree ;)

Although I think PC games are better in general, I still probably won't sell my laptop to buy a gaming PC. I could just get a new PC, and a 360, but to me personally it is just not worth it. There are other things that I would prefer to put my money into before a gaming system.

Don't take this the wrong way, but as much fun as gaming is, IMO there other things that I would rather do on a nice day, than sit inside running a game.

Also, one of the things I like about the consoles is the fact that I can sit behind a big screen in an easy chair and relax. I sit behind a PC all day, and frankly I would prefer not to sit behind one to run games.

As much as I love the PC games that I have recently run in the last couple of months, in the end I will probably settle for a 360. I still have not made a decision, but the 360 is the direction I probably will go.

And I'd have to agree with you there, HF. Brand Loyalty has been taken to all new heights in the modern-day technically-oriented world. And unfortunately, I think it's for the worst.

I don't recall seeing a single left handed grenade throw in GRAW or any GR game. You can switch which shoulder you are looking over in GRAW, but that doesn't change which hand you throw a grenade with.

There can be a problem in the game with grenade throwing. At times you can have your right completely free of any obstacle and have your cover to your left, but when you go to throw that grenade, it seems to magnetically be drawn to the cover on your left, bouncing off and right back onto you. I have seen this happen with many experienced GR players.

There is also a problem where the physical area an object takes up in the game is actually a bit larger than the visual area you see. This results in an invisible wall surrounding objects that can result in grenade bounces, or detenation of grenades launched from grenadier weapons.

I don't recall seeing a single left handed grenade throw in GRAW or any GR game. You can switch which shoulder you are looking over in GRAW, but that doesn't change which hand you throw a grenade with.

There can be a problem in the game with grenade throwing. At times you can have your right completely free of any obstacle and have your cover to your left, but when you go to throw that grenade, it seems to magnetically be drawn to the cover on your left, bouncing off and right back onto you. I have seen this happen with many experienced GR players.

There is also a problem where the physical area an object takes up in the game is actually a bit larger than the visual area you see. This results in an invisible wall surrounding objects that can result in grenade bounces, or detenation of grenades launched from grenadier weapons.

Well, I meant you could change the direction of the throw, not the hand. Sorry for the confusion. :P

-----------

And, to poor-gamers thing, I meant its for the more of mainstream. Actually, the reason I'm broke right now is because of my console.

And, to poor-gamers thing, I meant its for the more of mainstream. Actually, the reason I'm broke right now is because of my console.

Partly true granted but not strictly. Im running 2 x Xbox 360's (well it will be 2 when the broken one comes back from MS lol) 2 x Xbox and 1 x gamecube, we couldnt possibly afford to run that many gaming pc's or have the room for them for that matter

@ jchung - yes i went and got another one :lol: