GR.net GRAW PC Preview

Fantastic review mates!! I got chills when you mentioned the parachuting thing. I truely felt excited like a child. :rolleyes: Also the part how the ememies come up and try to out flank you.......yikes. :coolspeak:

I am so excited about this game after reading the review. Definately the longest and most detailed one to date. It's always the best when done by diehard GR1 gamers rather than and the average punters at the gamer magazines. :thumbsup:

Hats off to you guys and all the GRIN team......my respects :charge:

Laters!

Fresh

Edited by Freshmixture

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Deosl for the quick reply.

But I didnt think the gore level in the original GR was grose.

Now the only thing I'm angry about in this game is the max. 4 man co-op.

Many clans rely on atleast a min. 8 man co-op including my clan, so this is a big shame.

Thx ubi! :devil:

So I really hope that this will get fixed in a expansion.

Anyways nice work GRIN, so far. :thumbsup:

Edited by REC0N

Now the only thing I'm angry about in this game is the min. 4 man co-op.

Many clans rely on atleast a min. 8 man co-op including my clan, so this is a big shame.

Thx ubi!  :devil:

So really hope that this will get fixed an expansion.

Anyways nice work GRIN, so far.  :thumbsup:

I guess the 4 man co-op is to keep in line with the 4 man team from SP campaign as you're playing the same missions. If you had too many people in the co-op mode the missions may be less challenging....

Now the only thing I'm angry about in this game is the min. 4 man co-op.

Thx ubi!  :devil:

So really hope that this will get fixed an expansion.

Anyways nice work GRIN, so far.  :thumbsup:

I guess the 4 man co-op is to keep in line with the 4 man team from SP campaign as you're playing the same missions. If you had too many people in the co-op mode the missions may be less challenging....

If thats so, they have dumbed the game.

It wasnt less challenging in the original GR, so I dont think thats the reason here either.

More like a ubi problem.. <_<

colin/zeroalpha I have a question for you regarding your time with the game.

How where the tracers handled in the game? Did it look good/realistic, how often where they "spawned"? Is it only the saw's that spits out tracers, or is it for all weapons?

Just wondering.

Edited by V.P.

How where the tracers handled in the game? Did it look good/realistic, how often where they "spawned"? Is it only the saw's that spits out tracers, or is it for all weapons?

Just wondering.

i answer this.....Dont ask much, you'll see youself :devil:

An expansion pack with mixed urban MP & Forrest style GR1 Maps (pretty please), introduction of Bonoculars (for abvious reasons)

How about an expansion pack with GR1 kits and unis, our favorite missions from GR1+DS & IT. Sort of a "Ghost Recon Essentials". Or possibly just the whole GR2 campaign we missed out on :devil:

Colin, Zero Alpha and all of the great peeps at GRIN.

Great job guys, really top notch. Colin and Zero Alpha did a great job of giving us an increadable insight into the next gen of the game we all love so much.

I personaly am not worried about the COOP mode. As a modder I will work with the tools givin and run with it as we did with GR1.

To GRIN you guys rock. I mean I don't think you would have gotten this kind of public participation from any other dev team any where.

They gave us a ton of info and were avail for the avalanche of questions and querries and quite a few suggestions.

Thanks to the info on the sound I have hooked up a 400watt surround sound system to my PC and can't wait to blow out the windows and have the cops show up thinking it's a war :rofl:

I have also bought a PHYSX card and a better vid card is comming soon as I want to see all the great work GRIN did on this.

Just remeber guys if it were the same old game we have why would we want something new. I fully trust the guys at GRIN will give us something we never could have dreamed of.

Colin , Zero Alpha and GRIN many thanks from a COOP junkie and a modding fool.

Silencer (good for reducing sound but also reducing the in game flash (which is a real-time light mind you), it reduces accuracy a bit too.

Couldn't you please have balanced the sd a bit more realistically? I mean, sd's can raise accuracy and reduce recoil on rifles, so why can't the downside be added weight and less stability while moving instead?

I wouldn't worry too much about this. I'm sure that we will be able to mod the weapons (performance wise). Even in IGOR you can mod the weapon performance. Look at the Alpha Squad weapons (best modded) compared to something like DA49. They are complete opposites.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

A little knowledge about the COOP mode as well would be good - but I realize that your hands are tied and you cannot report on what you haven't seen.

So fingers crossed that coop fans of GR1 will not be disappointed!

I'm not going to worry about the co-op anymore, because I keep thinking back to this part of the report:

“How many players in MP coop?â€

The answer, as the game ships it is set up to allow four players in an online coop game. The four slots can be occupied by any combination of real players and bots. However, and it’s a big however, Bo assured us that a minor feat of modder magic will open up the number of slots available! Bo suggested that 8 was probably a safe maximum number but trial and error will tell us what our systems can handle.

and

when modded (change to xml file) coop player numbers will increase, the safe number will depend on all the pc's abilities to cope as we understand it.

I trust Bo and GRIN. I'm always just so amazed at the way they actually read and respond to our posts. Keep going GRIN, we have not lost faith.

silent_op

Sounds great!

Great review guys, and thanks for the in-depth LENGTHY (lol) preview.

And since it was on medium settings on a 6800GT/Ultra (whichever)... I wonder if it will run on high settings with an Ageia card and my x1900XTX that I just ordered (not the Ageia card of course, YET)?

I read somewhere that it won't run on current hardware, on max settings?

But if it ran on medium (probably pretty smooth for a demonstration), on a 6800 series card, then why wouldn't it run on high/max on an x1900XTX?

No game out there has been able to challenge the x1900XTX or the 7900GTX.

Makes me wonder... :P

Got the x1900XTX and X-Fi soundcard just in time for GR:AW.

I should be experiencing one of the best times in my gaming history with GR:AW!  And I trust that GRIN won't let us down!

Keep up the good work guys!  You have my $50.  :D:party:  :notworthy:

Hey SillyHalfMexican, did you use to be in SyN in BF2?

Yep, for a very short time. Took me a few minutes to remember if that's what the clan name was. That was quite some time ago.

I've been in LORD for so long now, I've forgotten the other clans that I have been in.

Were you in SyN?

I'm assuming you were/are, since you asked. Sorry if I don't remember you, it's been a long time now.

Send me a PM.

Great review.  I echo the views of many of the above but am I right in thinking that there is going to be no CQB?

My main question is, will there be an IGOR?

yes there will be an igor type tool (amongst others)

and am not too sure what you mean by no CQB?

its a tight city, should be close enough, I got killed up close and personal!

Just wondering.

i answer this.....Dont ask much, you'll see youself :devil:

Sorry, but I dont understand your answer.

Perhaps colin/zeroalpha could shed some light on this.

Sorry V.P. I missed this one.

Tracers, if they were in the games we played, I did not notice them, so they could not have been excessive.

I seem to remember the support weapon having them, but I was talking and watching at the same time, so no real help.

Since there are only a few wallpapers for GRAW but none directly dedicated to the PC version, I spent some time with Photoshop today. It's nothing that spectacular, but I hope you'll like it, though. Unfortunately since my C Partition crashed the day before yesterday, I lost all the raw material (months partially even years of work gone within a second) and so at the moment I can't come up with something better than that.

ghostreconfuture6ks0pp.th.jpg

I'll also upload this one to my deviantart.com account.

Edited by Vth_F_Smith

I'm hopin' EVERYBODY who modded for GR shares their fantastic work for this one!!! I've still got EVERYTHING ever released, from the beginning on my hard drive. How could I ever delete? Somehow, got promoted to Recruit, 3rd Class...you can do it too!

Edited by lesterribles

Since there are only a few wallpapers for GRAW but none directly dedicated to the PC version, I spent some time with Photoshop today. It's nothing that spectacular, but I hope you'll like it, though. Unfortunately since my C Partition crashed the day before yesterday, I lost all the raw material (months partially even years of work gone within a second) and so at the moment I can't come up with something better than that.

ghostreconfuture6ks0pp.th.jpg

I'll also upload this one to my deviantart.com account.

Thanks for that.

I believe one of the Team is doing a web kit for the community, at some point.

I have heard some rumors about that you are able to carrie two primary's like a sniper rifle and a mp5.

Is this true?

Yes, the MP5 is classified as a secondary weapon.

Check out THIS screenshot.

hmm, just noticed, how can the mp5 have a bigger "impact" than the SCAR-L??

I assume that "impact" means damage.

Sorry if this was addressed but I have to ask.

Colin said something in the way of: "THE SCREEN SHOTS WE HAVE SEEN DO NOT, BY A LONG WAY, DO THE GAME JUSTICE, BELIEVE ME!"

Do we know what the PC specs were on the rig he was playing on and the in-game video settings?

Cheers!

Fresh