Ghost Recon.net Forums

Bird Flu in the UK

Swan tests confirm deadly virus

AREA ON ALERT

Map of Scotland showing protection zone in 1.8 mile (3km) radius around Cellardyke, the 6 mile (10km) protection zone and wider wild bird risk area.

Poultry owners within wild bird risk area must keep birds indoors or, if not possible, ensure they are kept away from wild birds

Bird transport within 6 mile (10km) surveillance zone will be curbed and gatherings banned

Poultry within 1.8 mile (3km) protection zone must be kept indoors and will be tested

A swan found dead in Scotland has tested positive for the deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4882946.stm

Yeh, that is where I live :unsure:

Sars wasnt spread by birds was it?

Bird flu has to mutate to affect humans. After that, it'd need to mutate again to spread between humans.

Also, the death percentage isn't that high. Especially considering most deaths from it lacked proper medical treatment.

I remember Foot & Mouth ....

Sings ... Head, shoulders, foot & mouth ..

i had to change my name because the ... goose died of birdflu :(

i'm not teh goose man anymore ...

*momento*

forget bird flu ,the mosquito is the biggest killer

In much of the world, mosquitoes are a major public health problem; they are estimated to transmit disease to more than 700 million people annually, and will be responsible for the deaths of about one in 17 people currently alive

South Park:

"Stanley, listen to me. I have SARS. There's only a 98% chance that I will live."

As long as it doesn't mutate several times, should be fine.

Just uh... prepare for a few weeks of isolation...

Back into the Cold War Bunkers.

:P

Edited by Zantar45

Just saw on the news, Big Bird from Sesame Street just died from bird flu. Look out Tweety, you could be next!

That reminds me, I had better stop using the Little Bird in Soeldner incase that gets bird flu too. :unsure:

Edited by WytchDokta