Ghost Recon.net Forums

This is what I found the most interesting in the article.........

"The most interesting thing about the editor that was mentioned was that levels made in the editor by users are not limited to four player cooperative. Imagine that. User made levels will allows multiple squads to run around and work together, frankly the gameplay possibilities are utterly unlimited by that amount of cooperative play."

So by default there will only be 4 man co-op missions but using the editor and modding you can have more players in co-op! :thumbsup:

Why does it say that a 2.0GHz PENTIUM based CPU is required at the bottom of the page?  Does that mean it won't work on my AMD??

It means a 2.0ghz pentium based CPU or the equivalent. Which in this case is like an AMD xp2400+

All in all it means if your CPU no matter what brand performs exactly like that of a 2.0ghz pentium. It will be sufficient to run the game.

Edited by VeLocityChaos

Bo,

The previewer has stated that there are no quick saves and there is a check-point save system. You guys seem to have a solid logic behind everything you do and it becomes easier for us to understand when you state that reason. So, would you please tell us why the quick save system has been omitted ? Thank you. :)

p.s - I very often sit down to play for a short time, after a hard day's work, and is in a relaxing mood and my concentration is not at it's fullest. It is at times such as these that the quick saves are needed.

Edited by buddhiraja73
Why does it say that a 2.0GHz PENTIUM based CPU is required at the bottom of the page?  Does that mean it won't work on my AMD??

It means a 2.0ghz pentium based CPU or the equivalent. Which in this case is like an AMD xp2400+

All in all it means if your CPU no matter what brand performs exactly like that of a 2.0ghz pentium. It will be sufficient to run the game.

AMD 2000 is a 2GHz pentium equivalent.

The previewer has stated that there are no quick saves and there is a check-point save system. You guys seem to have a solid logic behind everything you do and it becomes easier for us to understand when you state that reason. So, would you please tell us why the quick save system has been omitted

I'm guessing because it makes it more challenging, and more realistic to have save points a dedicated times like after an objective has been completed rather than being able to save 10 seconds before a really hard bit.

Also from what i've gathered from info released, each time you play it, it would pan out differently and more dynamic, thus if you died and restarted the objective the AI won't be in the exact same spots, nor will they react in the very same way thus making you rely more on skill and tactical awareness.

Just my opinion on it tho.

AMD 2000 is a 2GHz pentium equivalent.

Nope AMD 2000 is about 1.5ghz equivalent to P4 1.5Ghz.

The AMD's can be overclocked easier but still don't reach equivalent speeds plus the risk of cooking it.

XP2400+ is around 1.93Ghz but benchmarked at 2Ghz.Overclocking is required to achieve 2.3-2.4Ghz.

XP3000+ has clock speed of 2.16Ghz but can rival 3ghz P4 on some benchmark tests.

pfffew, thanks...I got nervous for a second.

You guys are funny. I thought this was the PC board? :tomato:

AMD and Intel ghz ratings are NOT equal in performace, that's why AMD came out with their funky number scheme.

An AMD 2400+ may run at around 2.0 ghz but is equal to a 2.4 ghz Intel in performance comparison. In the case of the "AMD 2000" I don't know what it runs at(1.5?) but is like having an Intel running at 2ghz. Bascially they do it so you can gauage what the equivelent Intel standard is more or less.

This was 3 years ago. Times are changing and it gets more confusing with dual-core, FX, 64, etc. I'll give you that.

From what I have read etc BornToKill is bang on the money.

Because the AI is dynamic and actually makes decisions based on what is happening, what it's heard/seen/plans then quick saving becomes an impossibility. It's easy enough to do when enemy actions are scripted or confined by a few set behaviors/conditions but not when they make active decisions on what has happened previously.

AMD and Intel ghz ratings are NOT  equal in performace, that's why AMD came out with their funky number scheme.

An AMD 2400+ may run at around 2.0 ghz but is equal to a 2.4 ghz Intel in performance comparison.  In the case of the "AMD 2000"  I don't know what it runs at(1.5?) but is like having an Intel running at 2ghz.  Bascially they do it so you can gauage what the equivelent Intel standard is more or less.

Quite right, AMDs execute more commands per clock cycle than intel chips. No one in their right mind would build with an intel chip, unless they are doing some specialized media application. But for a gaming machine, at this point you are way better off with AMD as they use way less power, are more powerful, and will give you more performance for you dollar.

It should be noted though, that Intel has some cool new stuff on the drawingboard, and they might take back the gaming crown as soon as next year.

The other controls are also very intuitive and you will be sneaking from one checkpoint to another in no time. Yes. Checkpoints; there are no quick saves in this game but every level is divided into 4 or 5 checkpoints. The distance between them is approximately half an hour which means that one level will give you at least 2hrs to 2.5hrs of gameplay.

######!!! Nice work so far bo, but i must say im not happy about havin' to wait for checkpoints. I mean, i dont really have tons of time on the computer at a time, and i dont want to have to restart the mission every time i have to get off and get back on. Quick saves dont make the game less realistic, its just convenient for people who have lives. And like i said, great work so far, keep up the good work, and cant wait to play the REAL GR sequal. Thanks for keepin' it real bo. :rocky:

Well Ive opened all my Xmas presesnts and been playing with them all day long.

Tomorrow is boxing day - I wont be sending anything back for a refund though.

BO = Tomte/julenissen :santa:

Edited by Charos
Bo,

The previewer has stated that there are no quick saves and there is a check-point  save system. You guys seem to have a solid logic behind everything you do and it becomes easier for us to understand when you state that reason. So, would you please tell us why the quick save system has been omitted ?  Thank you.  :)

p.s - I very often sit down to play for a short time, after a hard day's work, and is in a relaxing mood and my concentration is not at it's fullest. It is at times such as these that the quick saves are needed.

Yepp. Quick saves kills the supsense and the need to act tactically. This is not a trial and error game - this is thinking on your feet. You wanted a challenge and you are getting it big time.

And the argument that I have a life out side GRAW is a good one but NO. The real thing here is that as the AI acts a bit different all the time you will have a refreshed gameing experience form each time you load. Quick saves are for run and gun - and we got no room for that in GRAW.

... You wanted a challenge and you are getting it big time...

... The real thing here is that as the AI acts a bit different all the time you will have a refreshed gameing experience form each time you load. Quick saves are for run and gun - and we got no room for that in GRAW.

:yes::thumbsup::cheers:

You guys are funny.  I thought this was the PC board?  :tomato:

AMD and Intel ghz ratings are NOT  equal in performace, that's why AMD came out with their funky number scheme.

An AMD 2400+ may run at around 2.0 ghz but is equal to a 2.4 ghz Intel in performance comparison.  In the case of the "AMD 2000"  I don't know what it runs at(1.5?) but is like having an Intel running at 2ghz.  Bascially they do it so you can gauage what the equivelent Intel standard is more or less.

Brettzies is absolutely correct. Trying to compare overall system speed between AMD and Intel based on the processor speed is like trying to compare speeds of Audis vs. Hyundais based on the number of cylinders in the engine. The Audi A4 and the Hyundai Elantra base models both have 4-cylinder engines, so they must both have about the same top speed, right? :blink:

There's some pretty comprenhensive processor comparison charts over at Tomshardware:

Tomshardware Processor Chart -- Quake 3

The above link is to the Quake 3 page of the charts. The 2 GHz Pentium 4 is second from the bottom. You'll notice that the 2500+ Sempron (AMD's budget euivalent to Intel's Celeron) only runs at 1.4GHz, but it's 25% faster in Quake 3 than the 2GHZ Pentium 4.

Basically, GHz comparisons from Intel to AMD are meaningless. You have to do the performance research. :thumbsup:

--Logos