Prima Guide

• 3 weeks later...

Prima guides have become like the new manuals for games but with walk-throughs of the missions, hints, secrets, etc. Kind of sad really. I picked up the one for RavenShield because it had lots of cool info on the weapons. The mission walkthroughs were horrible. After the first patch, the weapon stats were all out of whack too so it made that section almost pointless.

Will be interesting to see what the GR:AW pc one has in it. I had already completely GR1 but my dad knew I liked the game so he bought me the guide for Christmas that year. I was kind of like, "uh...thanks," however, it was still kind of interesting, the section on command points, the weapon stats, stealth, grouping guys together with similar stealth, having one guy be the "leader."

There's a GRAW PC guide torrent floating around (perhaps why this question was asked?), don't bother downloading it though, it's for the 360 version. When I saw it I just *had* to check ;)

I think it's a prima guide (can't really remember - soon as I saw 360 and OTS views I binned it). The torrent info didn't say anything about it and the filename was vauge, eather way I'm fairly certain it was published illegally. Best to ignore it if you come across it.

• 3 weeks later...

But for this kind of game, I much prefer going at it blind...it adds to the immersion and I would rather not know what is around the next corner.

Me too, but a guide can be useful when a glitch or some aspect of the mission designer's intent just hangs you up, i.e. there's a trigger you cannot seem to find. Because this game's missions are so long -- and I've already done my fair share of replaying, thanks to VIP 2 -- it can reduce frustration if you think you should be progressing but cannot and you don't know why...