PC games are the future not Xbox or PS

http://www.comcast.net/providers/fan/popup...=cbsfannews.xml

What have we beens saying for more than 2 years? Well now its coming to light. PC players are were the steady money is, not short attention span Xbox and PS.

I predict a flop for Xbox and PS games. Multiplayer games with leased servers are the future (ie PC!) not keep the hero alive at all cost games.

http://www.comcast.net/providers/fan/popup...=cbsfannews.xml

What have we beens saying for more than 2 years? Well now its coming to light. PC players are were the steady money is, not short attention span Xbox and PS.

I predict a flop for Xbox and PS games. Multiplayer games with leased servers are the future (ie PC!) not keep the hero alive at all cost games.

I hope so, I hate thinking that the gaming industry just doesn't understand the PC audience.

Have you guys read the review for the PS2 GR:AW, POOR 4.4 (www.gamespot.com ). Good thing we have scalable systems and GRIN:D

silent_op

6 Million subscribers! .... damn that is a lot for one game.

If we didnt have so many people downloading and copying PC games, I think that PC sales would be much much higher.

I thought I was going to end up buying an xbox360, but I just can't go back to consoles anymore =/ My last console was a PS1

Edited by whoa182

To be honest I think it's 'horses for courses'...

I have a high spec games PC for my strategy and FPS games...

I have a Apple Mac for my design work...

And I have an Xbox for when the lads come round for a drink and wanna play footy or a driving game (oh, and SIMS for the kids).

Each does what it does well.

I don't believe there is a 'one box does everything' solution - YET!

:)

To some degree it has always been the PC (and Mac for those who game on their macs and everything else). I use my PC for work, gaming, paying bills, checking email, VOIP, etc. In my opinion, the clear reason for this is scalability.

silent_op

Yes, long term PC sales will always be a steady earner, but consoles get a new version every few years which brings with it an influx of sales of both hardware and software alike.

Thing is, who's to say what is around the corner. The PC will not be here forever....who wants a stonking great big piece of metal on their desk for ever more. Everything will entually mold into one another, TV, Console games machine and hardware to work on for word processing.....

To be honest I think it's 'horses for courses'...

I have a high spec games PC for my strategy and FPS games...

I have a Apple Mac for my design work...

And I have an Xbox for when the lads come round for a drink and wanna play footy or a driving game (oh, and SIMS for the kids).

Each does what it does well.

Damn right there mate! :thumbsup:

I'm not a big console player. I owned an Xbox and a family member has a 360 in the house, which I play. But most of the time, epecially in regards to console games, I play a game and either beat it in a few weeks, or get sick of it within that time, then I am done with it. Why buy it when I can rent it from Gamefly.com?

To be honest, I wish I could rent the PC games as well. It is very rare that I find a game that I will play for months on end (GR and R6 being two of those rare games + MMO's).

I know a family of gamers (two sons and the parents). When they find a game they all want to play together, they have to spend $200.00 to do it! CRAZY! They have probably spent over $1,000.00 on games in the last couple years because of this. MMO's for the most part. Now they are waiting for GR:AW to come out (add $200 to the total)! w00t!!!

Edited by Uncle_Buck