GR:AW ~ Just a 'well done' Ubisoft!

Like most of you guys I have been a long time waiting for the next PC edition of the Ghost Recon series...

And while there is nothing we online forum types like to do more than *MOAN* about this and that, sometimes I think it's nice just to say 'thanks' and 'well done' when a company has obviously put in a lot of effort.

Well, GR:AW seems to be a game where we fans have been an instrumental part of driving what a finalized game will look like.

Ubisoft has very obviously recicignized what a staunch fan base the [Ghost Recon] game has had (and *STILL* has)...

It's unbelievable that a game so old still has people downloading newly created mods so enthusiatically! (I myself have recently downloaded 'Year of the Monkey' and am eagerly awaiting the 'ARVN' add-on to that mod).

I cannot imagine just how much value I have got from Ubisoft were someone to calculate how much time I have played on 'Ghost Recon'.

And with GR:AW seeming to have everything on my 'wish list' it seems that I will get even more years of pleasure out of thier products...

So here's a thread where people can just say 'hey, thank you Ubisoft'!

And they had the insight to pick a good Dev Team.

:thumbsup:

Thats the truth. I don't have much personal experience with dev teams to be honest, but I've been truly amazed at GRIN's approach. EVERYTHING seems to have been so well thought out. Good choice, Ubisoft.

GRIN remind me alot of 1C Maddox.

European Dev teams seem more in touch with their customers and more willing to go out on a limb into niche markets.

Most simulation games tend to originate from European origins.

I wish GRIN all the best on PC:GR.

:flowers:

Edited by Charos

i think ill wait until its out... after all its ubi we are talking about  :rolleyes:

Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch

Hi Ig...

Sure...

But remember - I'm thanking Ubisoft for the value that they have already given me/us already AND the hard work they have done on GR:AW to date...

We can nit-pick once the game is out eh?

;)

And sorry - yes - cheers GRIN! :)

I can truthfully say that at least half of the people on the UBI forums and half of the people on the GR.net forums will see me in the game having a blast, because I will not be playing anything else but this game for the next couple of years. GJ GRIN, your bits of string are in the mail, I believe you'll find enough for the whole dev team. :flowers:

And they had the insight to pick a good Dev Team.

:thumbsup:

That is the best thing that UBI did.

I like almost everything about Grin. Their approach to GRAW pc has been spot on. To me, that is half the battle won. Most other developers of FPS, have tried to make generic games for the kids, which can be swapped with each other and will hardly make any difference. Grin, on the other hand, has tried to make a true simulation, with passion and effort. They also seem to have a great engine in Diesel 6.0

I just love the approach Grin had taken for Graw pc, both regarding the making of the game and the way it had treated the potential customers, by communicating with them and understanding their mindset. :thumbsup:

I just hope they remain the same way, even after Graw is released.

Edited by buddhiraja73

i love the way grin has come to the fourm and is interacting with the fans. ive never seen or heard of it before and was one fo the reasons ive swicthed from the main ubi fourms to over here. so thanks GRIN :D (illw ait till the game comes out for ubi)

Why not stay on both forums? :D

time spent would come to mind

my 1st post here, but wanted to thank GRIN for all the replies and for listening to feedback

UBI being involved still scares me (I was sched to run Lockdown for Team Warfare League), but it looks good so far

see you on the battlefield :)

Ubisoft has very obviously recicignized what a staunch fan base  the [Ghost Recon] game has had (and *STILL* has)...

That...or they just got lucky picking GRIN :devil:

We really won't know for sure until we get the game in our hands. That being said, it does look like we won't share the same fate as R6. :D

The funny thing is if UBI wants to finally make some real cash off of the PC tactical shooter market (Ghost Recon market in particular), they need to release new titles faster than 5 years.

I hope this new version of Ghost Recon will take UBI/GRIN to new hieghts. I wouldn't mind if UBI wanted to release the next Ghost Recon after GR:AW faster than 5 years. All we can hope is that they remember this same approach used for GR:AW. I hope they have learned their lessons from Ghost Recon 2 and Letdown (in regards to the PC market).

silent_op

Thanks UBI & RSE for the greatest war game ever created and one which I still play and enjoy after all this time. :D Since you put the screws to us with GR2 let's hope you've somewhat made up for that by picking GRIN to carry on with GR. I can only hope GRAW is being played years down the road along side good old GR. The pitch is to you GRIN so hit a grand slam home run us GR fans will never forget. :thumbsup:

Edited by KRP 56

i love the way grin has come to the fourm and is interacting with the fans. ive never seen or heard of it before and was one fo the reasons ive swicthed from the main ubi fourms to over here. so thanks GRIN :D (illw ait till the game comes out for ubi)

Why not stay on both forums? :D

because the offical fourms was alot of imature discassionb and ehre it is more mature also i had to chose ones for timne reasons and i chose here! :P:)

Well, lets get back on subject.

Ubisoft and GRIN know what worked, what was wanted, and what was needed and have but together a game which looks like it will rock. By reading here, seeing the videos, and all the pics, I am confident that the game will be everything we want and more. Whats important is making a game that will satisfy everyones pallette, and thats real hard.

Even the die-hard GR gamers who were lucky enough to play the game are impressed and that should be all we need to know.

We will all come to love this game one way or the other. I know I'm stoked and am counting the days until the DEMO (hint,hint) comes out so we all can have a little taste.

Great job UBIsoft and especially GRIN for all your hard work and dedication. Also especially to the GRIN members in here who are hearing all the gripes and answering all our questions with a good attitude.

Cheers to you all!

Fresh

P.S. As for the 2 hour plus missions, I'm so there dude :thumbsup:

Edited by Freshmixture