Ghost Recon.net Forums

Tomb Raider Legend Demo!

Wow, that game is absolutely gorgeous! Extremely nice graphics, and it runs awesome on a mid range card practically all settings on high.

Water fans really need to check it out heh, stunning.

Is there any where else to dld the demo ?...

I can't even download anything from Fileplanet these days.. Even with a registered account (3) ..... :blink:

It sounds like a really good episode of TR ...

:thumbsup:

i have a tendancy to get my demo's from Gamershell

Hmm, Wonder what kinda patch Ledaneck wants :devil:

I could not find out how to open their files. In time....In time.

Edited by Suli
i have a tendancy to get my demo's from Gamershell

Hmm, Wonder what kinda patch Ledaneck wants  :devil:

I could not find out how to open their files. In time....In time.

wow, only one person got it. :D

Oh, I got it. I just didnt want to encourage you... :P

I played the demo the day it came out. Hard to find a file host where the download speeds weren't at dial-up level that day.

This is the TR game that should have came out after TR2. Eidos was wise to finally release a game that was "ready when its ready" instead of releasing it in beta stage before their financial year-end which was the TR:Angel of Darkness fiasco.

The game is gorgeous. Lara is back in the tombs where she is supposed to be. Helped that Toby Gard, Lara's creator was consulting on the game instead of the posers at Core who tried to lead the franchise into almost all the wrong directions (see any similarity to another franchise we know *cough*R6*cough)

The control scheme is much more intuitive and natural than before, and is more in line with other 3rd person adventure games. Nice use of mouse+keyboard (prev TR1-5 were pretty much keyboard only games)

Anyone following the trailers will see there is much more to the full game. Running the original TR on 3dfx Voodoo1 was one of the reasons that got me back into computer gaming.

I'm liking the demo.  It reminds me alot of the old games, which I really loved.  If TR worked under Windows XP, I'd still play it.

Para, you can get a user-made patch to run TR (a game run in DOS really) on WinXP

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/windowsxp.html

"wow, only one person got it."

Its good to encourage good things....

Im just glad I enjoyed the demo though. I liked the HUD and UI very nice. I really liked the ease of movment in the level, but I kinda miss some of the old moves. Then again I dont miss falling off a cliff all the time.

Edited by Suli
I really liked the ease of movment in the level, but I kinda miss some of the old moves.  Then again I dont miss falling off a cliff all the time.

What moves are you missing? Can't do the side flips or side steps anymore, but you can still do a backflip with guns drawn. No more walk move either, but you don't need it as they made it less easy to fall of ledges. All in all, a well thought out control scheme.

For any missing moves of old, there are a lot of very cool new "hidden" moves that you should check out. :o=

My fave is the handspring to front layout to 2-1/2 twist - this is done by running forward and hitting roll (F key) several times.

The handstand is there (hold down space while hanging on a ledge) and swan dive (push run forward, jump, and roll quickly in sequence) but no more front somerault in the air while diving ...

During combat, with guns drawn, run up to the enemy and hit space twice - you'll jump off the enemy and perform an aerial assault with "bullet time" - sweet :thumbsup:

I wondered about the range of moves, thanks for confirming they are all there CR6, and more by the sounds of it.

This game is a definite purchase for me.

Anyone got the release date handy?

This is from IGN...

March 29, 2006 - Eidos Interactive announced today that the latest installment in the Tomb Raider franchise has gone gold.

Tomb Raider: Legend will be available in stores for the PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and PC on April 11th.

So it will be out on April 11th!

Linky

Edited by EasyCo

Thanks for the info CR6, I will try some of that when the game comes out. As many of those I was not aware of.

Any one else kind of feel excited about this game? Normally I am ooed and ahed by graphics, but this one just feels to have some form of antisipation about the gameplay.

I say! (he says is a upper class accent) ...

This game makes my rig look/sound & feel like I just got a new PC with latest everything to run it! Its superb, it looks mint, runs smooth & sounds fantastic! I was well taken back that such a superb looking game could run so well on my PC!

I wont buy it as its a tad scripted for my liking but that doesnt take away the job they have done on it to make it look so good and play so well!

The moves are great on it I must say, if you like that gameplay style then its a must I think.

Hmmmm ... maybe if I got some spare money flying about I would get it ....... looks like a winner to me.