How much access to building interiors?

Just curious, as it seems that the 360 version virtually has no access to building interiors, and there are no doors that can be open or shut.

Someone did a count yesterday and found 27 buildings in [GR] that had rooms with doors, and if you count "other" accessible interiors of ruins, buildings without doors, ect..., then the number exceeds 40. Buildings were never the focus of GR, but having some access to them was a feature that I really liked.

How much access will the PC version give?

Just curious, as it seems that the 360 version virtually has no access to building interiors, and there are no doors that can be open or shut.

Someone did a count yesterday and found 27 buildings in [GR] that had rooms with doors, and if you count "other" accessible interiors of ruins, buildings without doors, ect..., then the number exceeds 40. Buildings were never the focus of GR, but having some access to them was a feature that I really liked.

How much access will the PC version give?

I think you answered the question already. My guess is that this is going to be one of the few things that are the same on PC as they are on the 360.

Actually, I thought this was answered already.... unless I am getting the 360 and the PC versions confused.  :unsure:

I saw this topic in the console section, but I have not seen it here yet, and a search did not yield any results, so I thought I would ask.

Besides, what is the worst that could happen? I guess ZJJ could have me locked in the catacombs. :blink:

Edited by jchung

Edit: you too quick for me ^

I think she is referring to my thread about building access here, and it was partially answered by The Man saying that some of the buildings were accessible some not. Causing me to twig out.

loll

Edited by RatoN

Thanks for the links. :thumbsup: For some reason when I did the search only console threads came up. Anyway, I remember that thread, but just like RaToN, I did not feel it really answered the question at hand.

It has been two months since that question was posted, so I was hoping that there might me some new news on the topic.

I think if they allowed entry to nearly every building interior it would take away from the GR we all know. We have a guy on our team that was good at GR and loves the game but, when we stick him in COD2 he doesn't like it because there are too many places someone can be. As in COD2 you can enter nearly every building and climb on nearly every rooftop.

It is something you get used to though, just takes a little longer. Ive gotten to the point where i can briefly look down a street and notice if someone is in one of the windows.

The more hiding spaces there are also means the more camping your gonna experience. Im not talking about the guy sitting still covering a high traffic area but, the guy that goes to the top of the steps in one of the back buildings and waits for soemeone to come up them. This person is not playing the game, just imagine if every player did this. How fun would that be?

I for one, like to see a level designed with alot of depth but, i think the cons outweigh the pros on this one.

I think if they allowed entry to nearly every building interior it would take away from the GR we all know. We have a guy on our team that was good at GR and loves the game but, when we stick him in COD2 he doesn't like it because there are too many places someone can be. As in COD2 you can enter nearly every building and climb on nearly every rooftop.

It is something you get used to though, just takes a little longer. Ive gotten to the point where i can briefly look down a street and notice if someone is in one of the windows.

The more hiding spaces there are also means the more camping your gonna experience. Im not talking about the guy sitting still covering a high traffic area but, the guy that goes to the top of the steps in one of the back buildings and waits for soemeone to come up them. This person is not playing the game, just imagine if every player did this. How fun would that be?

I for one, like to see a level designed with alot of depth but, i think the cons outweigh the pros on this one.

i understand what u are saying, but the way i understand it, the MP maps arent going to have as much city maps as the SP version is, and in that case, i dont think the AI is going to be doing a lot of camping

Well, for starters I don't think every building should be made accessible, but having some, and maybe a bit more than GR1 would be nice.

If you are worried about campers in a back room, toss a grenade in there.

This type of question will be answered very soon, just give a few more days guys.

Does that mean a demo or am i reading /hoping to much into that post?¿

I think he means there report/preview is going to be posted in a few days :thumbsup:

although I could be wrong

I think either way this game is going to be great. However, they will probably have some maps with a larger amount of interiors and some with less. At least that is what I'm hoping. If every map has a million windows that people can pop up from it could get irritating. But if some maps have some really nice building to battle it out in, whereas others are nice open areas with maybe the occasional roof or balcony it would provide a healthy balance.

Bottom line, every map + lots of interior or every map + little interior = boring. There needs to be a blend of some sort in my oppinion.

Any thoughts?

the more buildings and windows the better. it's silly not to have people occupy those spaces and use it. so what if a sniper gets you? it teaches you to pick a rocket class next time.

the more challenged the better. campers exist in reality. i don't support any limitations to their camping just because people can't find a way to defeat them.

Edited by thrush213

Going into all buildings would be too much for me.

Then again I guess it differs if you play SP or MP.

In SP I'm guessing their not going to force you a certain narrow direction so you can't move around and explore the accesible buildings. But I think GRAW pc is very open-ended in terms of the SP maps.

In MP it can get nasty with uber-campers hiding in high story buildings and so on. But like you say it's a part of the game, hopefully running around for 5mins looking for that last guy ain't ^^

Aslong the map is balanced to the size of the players on the map.

Edited by Deosl

the more buildings and windows the better.  it's silly not to have people occupy those spaces and use it. so what if a sniper gets you?  it teaches you to pick a rocket class next time.

the more challenged the better. campers exist in reality.  i don't support any limitations to their camping just because people can't find a way to defeat them.

Yay, house-to-house fighting - I loved practising that at the military! :thumbsup: Edited by Vth_F_Smith

a few Big maps with only a few interiors & some small maps with many interiors gets my vote.

I'm sure this is what Grin would've done. To give interiors to every building in a city would be a next to impossible task & would soon end up in a pants online gaming experience (I'm cool with it in sp)

It looks to me like GRIN really have considered all the angles,pulled out all the stops & considered most things :rocky:

I'm confident it'll be great.