Problems in game with Radeon 9550

SOPMOD

I have some problems with gameplay, such as CTD when setting high graphics values... I thought that Radeon 9550 256 Mb must be enough for the best performance in this old game... (GR)

BTW I had no problems when used NVIDIA graphic cards...

I have some problems with gameplay, such as CTD when setting high graphics values... I thought that Radeon 9550 256 Mb must be enough for the best performance in this old game... (GR)

as far as I remember the only ATI drivers safe for playing GR were 3.7, but I haven't tested the lastest ones (I preferred sticking with a surely working Nvidia)

The 9550 is a lowest end Radeon DirectX 9 card, similar to the GF 5200. So no, you will not get great performance with it.

The problem is not with ATI cards, as I have run GR fine with all types of Radeon cards. It's your card does not have enough juice to play everything with highest settings. You get what you pay for. ;)

The 9550 is a lowest end Radeon DirectX 9 card, similar to the GF 5200. So no, you will not get great performance with it.

The problem is not with ATI cards, as I have run GR fine with all types of Radeon cards. It's your card does not have enough juice to play everything with highest settings. You get what you pay for. ;)

You right, about it's cost... Performance not too bad when I turn some shadows off and other highest values...