GRAW PC trailer

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome video Bo! Congrats to you and the GRIN team!

I really like the rope-insertions, the same goes for sliding(bodyawareness), the new crosscom system(the shaky-cam is sweet!!) as well as the weapons selection. : )

Did anyone else notice the mp5 at the 57th second?? nice, I was hoping for that weapon!

Bo can you tell me if there are more handheld support-weapons for the ghosts beside the m249?

I'd count the SCAR-H and Barret to that category. But no other m249:like weapon if that is what you mean. We trust you to make those :)

That sounds like great mods for the future! :whistle:

Awesome video Bo! Congrats to you and the GRIN team!

I really like the rope-insertions, the same goes for sliding(bodyawareness), the new crosscom system(the shaky-cam is sweet!!) as well as the weapons selection. : )

Did anyone else notice the mp5 at the 57th second?? nice, I was hoping for that weapon!

Bo can you tell me if there are more handheld support-weapons for the ghosts beside the m249?

I'd count the SCAR-H and Barret to that category. But no other m249:like weapon if that is what you mean. We trust you to make those :)

ooooh!!! MODS!!!

Looking GREAT, finally we have some pc footage.

Thx for the effort Bo and all others at Grin.

What bout a demo time ??? ;)

-M-

Ps: i hope it will be released with a sorta IGOR so a lot of people can live themselfs out in that and keep GRAW alive for YEARS like we all did with gr1 !!

thx

again

BO

Looks amazing! :yes:

Re: the frame rate

I think I recall Bo saying you would need 2 cards running in SLI to have smooth frame rates in wide screen. not sure if the person capturing the Video had that but the image tearing and low frame rate realy bothered me. The good thing is we will be able to dial back settings to get it running smooth.

...my QUESTION (I know you now get flooded with questions lol...)

Can you Bo make any comment on the GRAW support for widescreen (16:10 aspect ratio), i.e.,  will there be native support for WS without distortions?

Yes it is supported. You may need SLI or Crossfire though as fillrates are pretty tough at that resolution.

Re First Person Weapon.

I love it! i always felt OG GR was missing this and it ties into body awareness.

Re:mods :devil:

Glad to hear we will be getting the ability to mod the game. Hopefully the tools will be avilable at launch. (Don't do a raven shield!)

Re: Details

Everyone should keep in mind that videos get compressed and that compression can blend the details making the textures look lower res than when it was captured.

Re: Final Build

IF they haven't anounced gold master or Gone Gold i imagine its still in the bug squasing / polish stage.

Bo

Thanks to you and your Team. Tell them they can take may off! :ph34r:

Edited by newman

Looking GREAT, finally we have some pc footage.

Thx for the effort Bo and all others at Grin.

What bout a demo time ??? ;)

-M-

Ps: i hope it will be released with a sorta IGOR so a lot of people can live themselfs out in that and keep GRAW alive for YEARS like we all did with gr1 !!

thx

again 

BO

Bo stated he can't talk about the demo.

However:

In order to be one of the lucky ones to try out GRAW PC before the public...

This is in regards to the April 21st GR:AW PC event in Paris. I take that to mean we will probably not see a demo until after this event, if they are stating a fact. :)

See post here:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...ndpost&p=347283

Edited by Uncle_Buck

While watching that video a big smile landed on my face!

Uncluttered, streamlines interface ... great sound, mint animations. lovely black and white chake cam effects .. then Bo's comments here about markers etc & the weapons comment "trust us to make our own" ... my smile got bigger & bigger --------->> " :D "

Im having that GR1 buzz ... and a slow sick feeling in my stomach as I click on system icon in xp on my machine and re-look at my rig specs .... :unsure: .

Tiz all looking sweeter than sweet :rocky::thumbsup:

Demo will be one saught after download ... make sure many mirrors are up before release, me thinks the hits on this are going to be super large! :o:D

looks pretty hot to me.  Question...Is the entire game going to take place in an urban environment?

For the most part, if the 360 version is any indication, yes.

No. You have elevated terrain aswell.

I guess I stand corrected, but what do you mean by 'elevated terrain'? I don't get that.

Edited by Uncle_Buck

looks pretty hot to me.  Question...Is the entire game going to take place in an urban environment?

I guess I stand corrected, but what do you mean by 'elevated terrain'? I don't get that.

Uncle Buck your close to right. I read it as only "City". There are parks (read more vegitation and rough terrain) and hillsides with a few lakes and more mud covered grounds. There are no deep jungles, or moutainranges though so that is correct.

Uncle Buck your close to right. I read it as only "City". There are parks (read more vegitation and rough terrain) and hillsides with a few lakes and more mud covered grounds. There are no deep jungles, or moutainranges though so that is correct.

Ahh...I understand now. :rocky: Thanks for the clarification.

This is fine by me, it just means we have that much more potential for the expansion...which you guys are already designing, right? :clapping:

Bo a few questions.

1. in the HUD there are four while corner lines. As these don't server any purpose can't we have an option to remove them please.

2. Also the team mate list, why can't it be shoved right up to the top left corner instead of floating so far in.

3. The cross come in a switch to full screen view of the team mates view instead of the window in a window of the xbox360. Does this mean those who don't want to ever see their team mates view can just choose to never select it?

4. Weapons tech Q here. The large sniper rifle Barret is it. Well, the scope looks very far away 'forward' from the shoulder butt of the gun. How would a shooter get his eyes up to the lense?

by the way. i'm very excited about the GR1 like realistic look of the game.

Bo a few questions.

1. in the HUD there are four while corner lines. As these don't server any purpose can't we have an option to remove them please.

They do serve a purpose though. You will notice it when you get hit and when you got disturbance. However they fade when your info has been inactive for a while. Then of course I can't stop you from changing stuff yourself....

2. Also the team mate list, why can't it be shoved right up to the top left corner instead of floating so far in.

We want to keep the Cross Com positioning as still as possible and above the bars is the preview of the teammates fullscreencam(window in window). Also it would look weird to have the narcom (top right) and CrossCom not aligned.

3. The cross come in a switch to full screen view of the team mates view instead of the window in a window of the xbox360. Does this mean those who don't want to ever see their team mates view can just choose to never select it?

Yepp.

4. Weapons tech Q here. The large sniper rifle Barret is it. Well, the scope looks very far away 'forward' from the shoulder butt of the gun. How would a shooter get his eyes up to the lense?

First - never put your eye to a scope on a gun like that. Can seriously hurt you. Seccond this is the urban version with a much shorter barrel so that might fool your perception of how far in front it is placed. It is by the book though.

by the way. i'm very excited about the GR1 like realistic look of the game.

Cool