GRAW PC trailer

Great Video.  :thumbsup:

Bo/ Please could you tell us what version of the game was this footage taken. ???

Beta ?? or final build.

Thank You

Colin

Colin

are you saying that you are aware of a final build?

as in Gold Master? Meaning Time to Press and Ship this ######?

Interesting.......

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo/ Please could you tell us what version of the game was this footage taken. ???

Beta ?? or final build.

Thank You

Colin

Colin

are you saying that you are aware of a final build?

as in Gold Master? Meaning Time to Press and Ship this ######?

Interesting.......

Negative

Trailer looks fantastic, nice work GRIN!

I don't want to sound like a fanboy but there wasn't a single thing I didn't like in the trailer or in Bo's answers. Actually, every answer Bo gave made me more excited about the game because I can see that GRIN took the right approach from the foundation and up. That's really impressive ... makes me wonder how many times you guys started over from scratch on the concepts and implementations.

Looking forward to more :D

Gerat job guys.

Good to finaly see a trailer for the PC. I have read throught his growing thread and reading the replies from Bo and Colin.

The one thing I seem to be missing is what will be the limitations as far as COOP.

It was rumored at one point that it was only 4 player COOP, then I heard another rumor that it was up to 16.

Could either of you put these rumors to rest and let us know how many players will be able to play in the COOP mode.

As a dedicated COOP player and scripter I would love to know.

Great Trailer, nice to see some PC info flowing steadily now.

Only thing that struck me as odd in that trailer was the distance of the slides, not sure if it was just the angle, or the speed of the clip but the sliding dives seemed quite long, as if the soldiers had no weight.

Other than that, if thats recorded on medium settings, it's fricking awesome.

Heh, scaling a fence/wall during a fire fight will get you killed, just be glad the low walls are there to protect YOU from bullets.  :P

Edit: Thinking about it now, I've seen a fair share of guys who jump/slide over walls only to slide right into a hajii trap, always check a building out before you try to be a hero.

I was thinking of it more in a way of getting stuck some place, where realistically all you need to do is step over something or hop a low fence real quick. I'm not talking about ramboing it into places or scaling tall buildings. But if you came out onto a porch or something and needed to hop a waist high wall rather than running around into enemy fire to find where the wall ends; I think that would be beneficial and still realistic.

If you want to think about it that way, its much safer to RUN while being fired at...then to Scale a wall and be fired at... :)

Remember the gear you have on, a porch step? Bo stated the game levels are designed so their are no such "problems" or risings that are "waist" high that could be a problem for you.

Heh, scaling a fence/wall during a fire fight will get you killed, just be glad the low walls are there to protect YOU from bullets.  :P

Edit: Thinking about it now, I've seen a fair share of guys who jump/slide over walls only to slide right into a hajii trap, always check a building out before you try to be a hero.

I was thinking of it more in a way of getting stuck some place, where realistically all you need to do is step over something or hop a low fence real quick. I'm not talking about ramboing it into places or scaling tall buildings. But if you came out onto a porch or something and needed to hop a waist high wall rather than running around into enemy fire to find where the wall ends; I think that would be beneficial and still realistic.

Exactly. But acording to Bo's answer it is imposible to hop over obstacles in GRAW.

I think what really emphasised the sliding was the fact that the other Ghosts are doing it a lot too - they're really throwing themselves around in the snippets of action we see.

Perhaps the best one is when the Ghost moves out of cover on a corner and dives into the middle of the street ready to lay down some suppressive. This happens at 45 seconds and is accompanied with 'Get their heads down' or something like that. Looks very dynamic and very cool.

Also, the majority of diving goes on in the video where the Ghosts are in open and exposed territory - you can be damn sure they're going to get on their bellies when exposed and open.

Remember, this is a trailer, and although it builds slowly with an analysis of the game's unique properties over that of the 360 version, the action shown is bound to be loud, explosive and 'everything going boom at once' in typical trailer style. It is designed to make the game appear 'exciting' - excitement for me is encircling my prey in preparation for the perfect kill, not 50 explosions. I think the trailer may have seemed a bit whizz-bang-divey-divey but I am confident that this is not the true nature of the game.

First of all, THIS LOOKS VERY PROMISSING! I LOVE IT BABY! :thumbsup::thumbsup: GRIN :thumbsup::thumbsup:

further....

Beta ?? or final build.

Thank You

Colin

I asked basically the same question a few pages back... I would also like to know the answer.

Bo answered this here ;)
BoGRIN,

Can you say weather or not the game is still in developemnt at all? Have you put together the final build?

CW

I'll leave that to you to think about.

I have been reading for 30 minutes and ONLY this post. OMG how big and it is still growing! Again GJ GRIN (and UBISOFT :whistle: )

(*edit made the post a bit more compact)

Edited by Toniezz

Thanks for all the opinions, thoughts, questions and feedback folks...

It has been a good and relaxing read while spending the evening here at the office.

And hopefully Bo has answered quite a few of your questions as well (which us grunts aren't allowed to do).

:D

Btw, what is your job at GRIN bro?

Look BoGRIN.....................

I don't know if you are aware of who I am. Or if Rocky warned you about me. :whistle: Or if you ever came across any of my posts on this forum or the official GR forum over the YEARS but I would very much like to offer some constructive criticism and/or praise on the video. I think if you did know who I was and what my experiences and opinions were of the original game you would welcome my input..........but I can't. At least I can't offer anything of value based on that little trailer.

I'm sorry but the video was just too short.

Its looks like we're really going to need a DEMO. Its the only way we all can objectively look at the material without all the hoopla and emotionalism (well at least for me) so we can start making suggestions. Because I am sure that there are going to be things that need tweaking that you guys couldn't have picked up on yourselves or in your focus test groups.

Not even simply tweaking. I just couldn't get a feel for the game from watching that short video. I want to love this game.....I really do. But even though I'm optimistic......I'm also cautiously nervous.

Get the demo out! :rambo:

It has been a good and relaxing read while spending the evening here at the office.

And hopefully Bo has answered quite a few of your questions as well (which us grunts aren't allowed to do).

I'm the one who's really interested in what you think of the cityscape...

:)

If you want to think about it that way, its much safer to RUN while being fired at...then to Scale a wall and be fired at... :)

Remember the gear you have on, a porch step? Bo stated the game levels are designed so their are no such "problems" or risings that are "waist" high that could be a problem for you.

134386.jpg

Would you prefer to run or hop over ? :lol:

Edited by Joseph_Q

I think the trailer may have seemed a bit whizz-bang-divey-divey but I am confident that this is not the true nature of the game.

It's a teaser; 40+ sec's of action I don't even want/dare to analyze.

But... it does give me the 'feeling' that everything's gonna be allright in the final released version of GRAW.

I'd really would like to be able to make jumps that bring me over a low obstacle object and then slide into a prone position from where I can get some SA without being shot. But I know one thing for sure; I don't want no bunnyhopping idiots messin'up the 'real action' feeling GR always had.

I have been reading for 30 minutes and ONLY this post
Just look for Bo's avatar and read his replies. He quotes the questions he's answering so that's all you really need to do. :thumbsup:

ok, that will work indeed, but also you can get a lot of double questions. I just scim through them and take most relevant out of it. While I have read the whole post I knew what was asked and what was answered. That way I can reply in a more detailed and correct way ;). It also depends how much time you have offcourse.. I am sitting here at home with a nice cold beer enjoying... really enjoying 'our' enthousiasm and GRINs participation at these forums! Anyway, still a good advise griz, I indeed use them to locate people's answers/questions.

Ciao!

*edit, oh I see you meant the avatar with the 'avatar' (duh, stupid me), I also use the search option to find bo's posts of today. works very good also because he indeed reply's with or even within the quotes! :thumbsup: Bo!

Edited by Toniezz

Dont bother about him his just a lazy graphican. :P

he gives away free Coke at GRIN :whistle:

Oh I see. No complaints from me there… but I’ll find something :devil:

And GRIN Wiking?..what doyoudo?? :devil:

Oh I see. No complaints from me there… but I’ll find something :devil:

And GRIN Wiking?..what doyoudo?? :devil:

He mainly plays pool, and steals carrots from the plate beside the fruit basket...

:devil: