How Long Will This Keep You Happy?

What info would you like see next?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always thought that a DEMO is the best and in many cases only way to try really a game...It's also in their interest if it's true that the game has been posticipated to make it better and not to wait fot the AGEIA physics cards release...(ops!)

I voted for video clips because you split the demos out. I don't think we will get either a SP or MP demo, I think the demo will have both and I WANT both. Also, my hope is that they will include a dedicated server with the demo, so we can see how that will work before we buy it. Many of us won’t buy this game if we can’t host a true dedicated server, so I want the demo as complete as possible…for this reason I am willing to wait for one.

Second, realistically, we will see a video or two before we ever see a demo and as far as I am concerned we should have had some videos by now.

Its 100% sure they will not release demo now or in near future so the best choice would be videos.

LOL, bro. It's 100% sure they will not base any decisions on this poll, so why ask for less than you want?

--Logos

Anarchy is trying to outsmart the poll! But since screenshots create a real "buzz" around a game, shouldn't we ask for screens to get the buzz going so they might feel inclined to release a demo?

Or wait, maybe releasing footage from a demo will lead in to the release of the demo it'sself?

Or wait....what was the question?

I want a demo.

Its 100% sure they will not release demo now or in near future so the best choice would be videos.

LOL, bro. It's 100% sure they will not base any decisions on this poll, so why ask for less than you want?

--Logos

so why ask at all? why am i even typing this? what is my purpose in life? i guess i'll have to wait till GR: AW comes out to answer these questions

:wacko:

Edited by zwitherow

Many of us won’t buy this game if we can’t host a true dedicated server

You wont? I guess I never really thought much about that, but a linux one would be nice....

No, I won't. The game can rock in SP and have a decent MP, but if it doesn't have true dedicated server support, it doesn't do me any good. I play these games for the MP to compete and play with my crew. My goal is to rent a server for this reason. But if it doesn't have a true dedicated server, i won't be able to do that. Look at Lockdown, it was a bust because of this.

I don't have to have a Linux server, I use a server provider that doesn't have to have a linux dedi (http://fpsdedicated.com/). But it needs to be one that doesn't require a video card and that allows multiple dedicated servers on one box.

The reason that choices were given between SP and MP were twofold; one was to see the priority people have on each gametype, the other was because it may be easier to make and release different demos ala SWAT4.

In that game the MP Demo was released while betatesting for about 6 weeks until the truly spectacular SP Demo came out about 2 weeks before it hit stores.