Gamespy- Christian Allen on the future of...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly...you forgot the Sir! at the end :P

Lets face it..some ppl like the more realistic shooters and some like the more "run and gun" ones. My kid brother is a CS clan player and I've tried converting him without luck, heck I even gave him VBS1 with all addons for his 18th birthday and I don't think he's played it more than 3 times since then....that's alot of money out the window for me :blink:

That's a load of Bravo Sierra.

Yeah!

Really, what was Hatchetforce thinking, going against your professional experience?

Ok, so let me get this straight.

Hatchet says "Bunny Hop!", and you say "How high?"?

No. What you have failed to see is I am the anti-bunny hopper. It is only that I am more tolerant of other people's likes and dislikes. People that cannot be accepting of other people's preferences will never understand them.

BTW, just to show how misinformed people are, you can't bunnyhop in CS. You haven't been able to in years.

Just because I can enjoy an unrealistic game, doesn't mean I prefer them. I play CS and enjoy it. But it certainly isn't my preference. But then again I am smart enough to see it is a game and is just us unrealistic as GR1 or LOMAC. Of course if I didn't like it I would also be smart enough to shut up and move out.

What I tried to explain earlier, as did someone else, is all games are unrealistic. Anyone trying to point fingers at so called less realistic games only pokes their own eye out. They also look fairly dumb in the process.

It is one thing to say a feature in a game is unrealistic. It is another thing to have such a venomous and hateful attitude about titles that do not pass a personal and quite misinformed opinion about realism.

The only person here with an inflexible, narrow , and demanding view is yourself. No one is cowing to me. I say if you want to jump, jump. If you don't, then don't. I have my preferences but I can still enjoy a broad range of titles. I of all people have every right to be critical of realism in FPS titles. If I can be tolerant of titles for which I do not pay or play, why can't you?

Be aware that you are the one that is acting like the Mayor in Footloose.

Hardly...you forgot the Sir! at the end  :P

Lets face it..some ppl like the more realistic shooters and some like the more "run and gun" ones. My kid brother is a CS clan player and I've tried converting him without luck, heck I even gave him VBS1 with all addons for his 18th birthday and I don't think he's played it more than 3 times since then....that's alot of money out the window for me  :blink:

Wow, you are a great brother!

But this is a classic example, have you ever wondered why there are all those directional arrows spray painted everywhere on the CS maps?

That isn't console, that's handheld.  :thumbsup:

Just another in a long line of mistakes she has made. This thread is indicative of that if nothing else. Attempting to wax philisophical concerning issues about which she is greatly misinformed is par for the course. As is attempting to degrade every game and gamer that is obviously able to do something she cannot - find enjoyment in a variety of game types and mediums. Jealousy rears it's ugly head.

Being unable to comprehend the immersion and enjoyment of others in a particular game, she resorts to petty attacks and very poor (I mean boringly poor) attempts at humor. Attacking everyone that plays a console simply for that reason - that they game a console, is just utter stupidity and a grand way of showing your ass.

# [3.2] Personal attacks : Any posts containing personal or racist attacks will be edited or deleted and the originating account risks banning.

# [3.3] Flame wars : If you cannot hold a reasoned debate without resorting to Flaming, you are not welcome here.

I bothered wading through this sea of garbage. I can't even believe some of the stuff I read. Honestly, I've never read so much absolutely ridiculous statements in one sitting. I might find something as close-minded if I managed to stomach the text of Mein Kampf.

In regards to Arcade style games, I find just as many of those on the PC as I do on consoles. Delta Force series anyone? Fun games, but totally unrealistic. Command and Conquer? It can just go on and on. Consoles, with the exception of keyboards and a mouse, are simply computers. Like I said before, I love PC games, and I love console games. The only person who is wrong in the argument is the person who claims absolute superiorority of one or the other.

This kind of sums up my observations by showing the arcade PC fps CSS vs. the arcade PC rpg C&C players as it shows their rise from consoles to PC's:

http://media.putfile.com/PurePwnage-MeetFPSDoug

Snared Gambit, thanks for the dead bang on post. Absolutely none of what she has offered justifies her arrogant attacks on various PC titles or consoles. THEY'RE GAMES! Get it? No, of course she doesn't.

The huge fault in her argument is that in reality CSS, CS, C&C, and RPGs had their roots and found their teeth on PCs. Counterstrike went from PC to console, as did RPGs. CSS and C&C never made it to consoles. Based on the logic of what she just stated above, PCs would be at fault for the arcade status of consoles, rather than the other way around. Connie is becoming the court jester. And no one is laughing WITH her.

Her original assault was on consoles and her deluded belief they were responsible for a multitude of arcade afflictions on the PC. When that tact failed due to blatant countering by facts, she began to attack all titles regardless of platform. If she can't tolerate anything that isn't 100% real, she should either go down to her recruiter's office or just cease and desist gaming altogther.

FPS Doug first came to light for a video he did playing CSS and calling his headshots. As we know, CSS is a PC title. Remember her original attacks on consoles stating how inferior and arcadish they are? Well Doug is a PC gamer. PC. See how her argument disintegrates. Actually it fails because it is a moot point to begin with as the superiority argument she keeps attempting is only slightly less absurd and ridiculous than the individual making such an argument.

The good thing about liking consoles and PCs, arcade titles and realism titles, is I have far more enjoyment from which to choose than those whose minds are sealed tighter than Mother Teresa's underpants.